This question has been asked before by others with no reply, just wanting to know is it possible to disable cargo logistics in ACE, i.e not having jerrycans in every vehicle? thanks

Hi

I know that the vanilla BIS_Effects_Burn does not work with ACE, it only creates smoke but no fire. How can I set an object to fire if I use ACE?

Thank you

Similar to Aussie, I wish to remove the ACE_Jerrycan from a vehicle that I have set to have no fuel - something that isn't so effective as each car has as can of fuel in it's cargo! I can't find anything referring to this. I can remvoe the spare tyre by removing the relative module, but have no idea how to get rid of, or empty, the jerrycan.

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks,

Zach.

When AE module ammo cookoff enable, damaged vehicle will disappear a few seconds. That is normal?

Hmm, my ace stopped working,... I can load and take ace gear, but not adjust NVG or put in earplugs.

And I have change the right "John Doe" to my own name and stuff.

It did work for 2month ago, but now it dont.

What the hell hehehe.

Well, just have to reinstall it all and see if it gets bether :)

Edit: Well just delete it all and install again,.. no change what so ever.

Any idear whats going on?

Edit again: I found out I had same problem in INV44, that I could not use thier medic kit ect.

So, updatet my CBA, wich made it all work again.

It now says my CBA is out of date :teeth:

But what the hell, the games playable hehe.

Edited by Higgings.

Is the M47 Dragon sight missing or is it now in a different ammo box? Playing on Dom it no longer seems to be available.

Hey sickboy, I know this is an abstract request. I have tried my absolute best to program a body armor modification that is compatible with ACE. But for me with my lack of experience using CBA source I just really need someone else to do it. I am good at overriding functions and classes but I just don't know how to use CBA well enough from the start. Is it possible for you to add a few parameters to ace for the player to change in his settings so that he can change the amount of damage bullets do to the chest and legs?

Given Level III Armor is supposed to protect people from 7.62x39 rounds it should not be a problem to survive bullet hits. Pain threshold can stay, but a simple wobble when it or something where the player camera gets knocked around. As far as the bleed out, there should not be... but if anything yes... some effects on impact and strong Level III Armor please :)

@Hillsbills: seems to be added automatically when you pick up the Dragon rocket...

Mine used to be but it no longer works that way. Running the latest Beta, that may be where I lost it.

Certain usermade coop missions in ACE version, not have enabled the ACE gunner optics

is there anyway to enable them by vehicle init or otherwise?

Greetings and thanks.

Mortar use is in the last page........

Last page of what? I've blown an hour looking for good mortar information. Everything I find is either too convoluted to be useful or full of mistakes (admitted by the narrator who just glosses them over).

I do not have issues getting rounds on line with the target but I am screwing up something badly with elevation. Seems to always go about 2x farther than it should.

I do not have issues getting rounds on line with the target but I am screwing up something badly with elevation. Seems to always go about 2x farther than it should.

Are you setting the right charge on the round?

Yes

81mm M253, 900m, 1331 mils is set, charge 1 set, round info shows +1 per range table so it is setting correctly. Same goes for the 60mm. Always way long. I am firing at a level target so it is not a matter or altitude difference.

Laser ranged and double checked with the map (distance is just shy of 1 full grid which is 1000m)

A good vid would help, know of any?... not the 3 hour kind that goes thru all the military jargon.

Edited by lawndartleo

I know this is a noobish question but Im trying to host an ACE2 server because some of my friends dont like to go to random server. ACE2 is installed using the Play withSIX application and what happens is that my friend are unable to join my server. They connect, then a second later, they get kicked with this message

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on
  downloadable content that has been deleted.

. Also I bought ArmaII CO through Amazon and they have the STEAM version (Dont like starting up a application just to play ARMAII). is there anything that you guys can help with this problem because I want to play this with my friends really bad

Mortar issue resolved. One little thing missed.

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

I know this is a noobish question but Im trying to host an ACE2 server because some of my friends dont like to go to random server. ACE2 is installed using the Play withSIX application and what happens is that my friend are unable to join my server. They connect, then a second later, they get kicked with this message

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on
  downloadable content that has been deleted.

. Also I bought ArmaII CO through Amazon and they have the STEAM version (Dont like starting up a application just to play ARMAII). is there anything that you guys can help with this problem because I want to play this with my friends really bad

You are missing content that is required by the mission. What mission are you trying to setup? Where did you get it?

The primary reason I decided to start fiddling with mortars was because of an experience with them a while back in a Domi server. I muled mortar parts around for somebody and to make a long story short, everything was basically done before he got a shot off. I decided, time to learn....

The one thing that guy struggled mightily with was the relative direction of the mortal muzzle. He spent more time trying to figure out just exactly what direction he had the thing facing. I discovered a few things and I just want to confirm that they are written in stone.

1) Shoot a compass heading before you put down the base. Don't turn at all, deploy the base. No matter where you drop the tube on from there, the tube is pointed in the direction that you set the base.

2) Alternatively, line up and shoot the stakes with a compass if it is all set up. As best I can tell they are 400 mils CCW of the muzzle. Get the heading of the line that the stakes mark, add 400 mils and you have your muzzle direction.

Hasn't failed me yet but I just want to be sure that my observations are unchanging facts.

Thats not exactly the proper way to line up on deflection (deflection = direction, deflection being the measurement used to measure +/- off the 3200 value on the sight, so you got that concept right).

The proper way is to input the deflection (which will be the difference between the direction the mortar was place originally and the direction to the target + 3200, so if its 400 mils to the left, its -400 mils + 3200, or 2800 mils you want to enter on the sight), which rotates the sight unit the OPPOSITE way of the target, then you rotate the entire mortar again till you can see the aiming stakes and line up the vertical line of the reticle with the left edge of the two stakes.

Sometimes if you have to deflect too much you will see the stakes edges are now apart and you need to "split the stakes" which means lining up the vertical line of your sight units reticle so that the left edge of the closest stake is and equal distance from the left edge of the furthest stake, and the left edge of the furthest stake is an equal distance from the vertical line on your sight unit.

Always use the left edge of the stakes, even if they end up on the right side of the vertical line!

Now for your range problem. Are you adjusting the elevation on the sight, and then actually adjusting the mortar tubes elevation? The main thing to remember with indirect fire is that its a two step process for both deflection and elevation. Adjust the sight, then adjust the gun till the sight is reset, for deflection on the stakes, for elevation, the little bubble level (that horrible ASCII thing with the dashes and the bars).

On mortars its best to adjust the elevation first, so you can make sure you have a clear sight picture when you are done (use the op+/- buttons to adjust the optic of the sight up and down with out affecting the actual elevation of the gun in case you can no longer see the stakes).

I haven't had any issues putting round on target since figuring out one last step... Up/down keys to level after making elevation change.

The hitch is always... Where am I starting from? I have found that simply by making my calcs and getting heading to target drawn on the map, then pulling out my compass, getting myself facing that heading, putting down the base... The barrel is line on already. If I forget to do that, I just shoot the stakes immediately after assembling the weapon and add 400 mills and I know where my barrel is starting.

Now I want to turn off all my map icons so that I have to really triangulate my FO and mortar positions.... But there is no obvious setting for this so I guess it's time to search on that.... Unless somebody has a quick answer.

Sure is a lot more fun than map clicking.

You can turn off map icons with the difficulty options. You should find it eventually.

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

You are missing content that is required by the mission. What mission are you trying to setup? Where did you get it?

I got the mod by using the Play withSix application. it installed everything you need to play it. What am I missing to host it though? and Im using the Warfare BE edition that comes with the mod

Edited by zgrillo2004
Typos and grammar

fail on me.... I never bothered to click on RECRUIT/REGULAR/VETERAN/EXPERT.... I just looked at them and said, but I want to change ICONS... little did I know that I could click on one of these and get further options.

DUH!

After 3 years of playing ArmA, that is the first time I have EVER seen those screens. Always play online (until recently now that I enjoy fiddling in the sandbox so much), never changed them.

I've hit the 10 minutes wall with fruitless Googling.... I have extracted the class list names for the range tables with MCC... my guess from the lack of information on the web to the contrary that the range tables do not show up as independent items in the editor. The mortars include a range table but the M119 does not (ace_arty_rangeTable_m119). Aside from dropping a magic box or knowing the classlist names by other means.... are they available in the editor as an item?