Sign in to follow this  
major_shepard

LEA - Loadout Editor For ArmA 2 Combined Operations and ACE 2

Is there any chance of the addon editor being able to pass config.cpp instead of only CFGWeapons.hpp etc? I use a lot of addons that have all their weapons inside the config file

LEA uses unRap.exe to extract CfgWeapons.hpp and CfgMagazines.hpp from config.bin files.

If there isn't any config.bin, LEA will look for CfgWeapons.hpp and CfgMagazines.hpp files inside folders of the Addon.

LEA is able to read addon with multi-configurations (i.e several config.bin/ CfgWeapons.hpp/CfgMagzines.hpp inside the same addon).

Also for now you can try to generate a config.bin from config.cpp. But yeah direct read of config.cpp could be added. => https://dev-heaven.net/issues/64781

Edited by Major_Shepard

Try this in LEA:

Help menu -> Install new Addons -> Repository -> ACE Dev

then Help -> Manage Addons -> select ACE Dev ;)

Thanks for that tip! Found the ladder and a few other goodies in there, however, I still cannot seem to find the FLIR SOFLAM in that list. Keep up the great work though!

Is there anyway I can get 2x ACRE PRC148's in one backpack. It doesn't let me if I already have one in my class loadout.

I asked people in my community and they said they can but I can't seem to get it to add to my inventory.

Can anyone help?

Indeed, that is it.

It is not a ACE feature, it belongs to the ACR mod/dlc. In LEA go Install new Addons -> Repository -> ACR. Then select ACR in Manage Addon. You will find LRTV into the optical list.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Is there anyway I can get 2x ACRE PRC148's in one backpack. It doesn't let me if I already have one in my class loadout.

I asked people in my community and they said they can but I can't seem to get it to add to my inventory.

Can anyone help?

Yes you can for both ACE and OA backpacks. No trouble here speaking for myself. :confused:

It is not a ACE feature, it belongs to the ACR mod/dlc. In LEA go Install new Addons -> Repository -> ACR. Then select ACR in Manage Addon. You will find LRTV into the optical list.

I feel like such an idiot. Thanks a bunch!!!!

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Yes you can for both ACE and OA backpacks. No trouble here speaking for myself. :confused:

Sorry I didn't mean pack in the backpack. I just meant adding 2 of the same radios to the same load out. When I add one then try adding another, it refuses to add the 2nd radio to my load out.

ok will be possible for next release => https://dev-heaven.net/issues/65028

Hey thanks very much!

Edit: is it also possible to create a class with the SOFLAM and Vector without the Binoculars overwriting the vector after you close down LEA?

I get very high cpu usage from reg.exe after using the LEA program as well.

Thanks.

Edited by mycatsaid

I don't know if someone has brought this up. But the ACE IFAK no longer packs morphine and epi after the reform. It now gives bandage kit, bandage and CAT. Morphine and epi needs to be added manually. Everytime I try to do that LEA just adds a number to the IFAK fnc.

So just removing the automatic increase of the IFAK_fnc call vaules should solve that one. :)

Hey thanks very much!

Edit: is it also possible to create a class with the SOFLAM and Vector without the Binoculars overwriting the vector after you close down LEA?

Sorry, I don't understand at all.

I get very high cpu usage from reg.exe after using the LEA program as well.

Do you have screenshot of this? Take care that external application of the Java plateform can't distinguish between Java processes. You may have others Java applications running background.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

I don't know if someone has brought this up. But the ACE IFAK no longer packs morphine and epi after the reform. It now gives bandage kit, bandage and CAT. Morphine and epi needs to be added manually. Everytime I try to do that LEA just adds a number to the IFAK fnc.

So just removing the automatic increase of the IFAK_fnc call vaules should solve that one. :)

IFAK has been change with ACE 1.14 Dev. No integration will be done until ACE 1.14 comes out since it would broken for those using ACE 1.13 and yes there are a lot.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Can I suggest maybe an optional ACE 1.14 "Addon file" to allow the updated IFAK? This way you can get both and everyone is happy?

Sorry, I don't understand at all.

DoE3l.jpg

When I create a class with the SOFLAM and Vector (marked in red) and save the class and close the program. Ingame the class seems to work as normal. But then when I load up LEA after playing the class will have been overwritten and default Binoculars and SOFLAM (as marked in red).

Is this something that cannot be forced as the binoculars are given to a class ingame as default?

Do you have screenshot of this? Take care that external application of the Java plateform can't distinguish between Java processes. You may have others Java applications running background.

lWJ8W.jpg

The reg.exe doesn't close after using LEA. If I use the program multiple times reg.exe just keeps building up CPU usage.

Edited by mycatsaid

http://i.imgur.com/DoE3l.jpg

When I create a class with the SOFLAM and Vector (marked in red) and save the class and close the program. Ingame the class seems to work as normal. But then when I load up LEA after playing the class will have been overwritten and default Binoculars and SOFLAM (as marked in red).

Is this something that cannot be forced as the binoculars are given to a class ingame as default?

Have you tried to uncheck the binoculars in "mission => preferences" ?

binocular.jpg

I thought that will effect all classes? What if I still want other classes to have Binoculars and some without. Thanks for reply btw.

You must not select Binocular into Preferences panel in this case and set manually what you want for each unit loadout.

Preferences will force items inside loadout of all player units. It's like a security for mission maker not missing critical item for a given mission. Like a by night mission without NVG :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

http://i.imgur.com/DoE3l.jpgThe reg.exe doesn't close after using LEA. If I use the program multiple times reg.exe just keeps building up CPU usage.

Not reproduced here.

I expect you have a heavy fragmentation of your Windows Registry.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Can I suggest maybe an optional ACE 1.14 "Addon file" to allow the updated IFAK? This way you can get both and everyone is happy?

Already exists as the ACE Dev addon for LEA. I may check if the addon is selected in LEA Addon Manager and adapt the SQF script with the proper call for IFAK function. For this I would need the exact syntax for the new IFAK ACE function.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Shepard I have been using LEA for a while now on many servers, One of the main servers I play on decided to block it from the server I guess because of spawning things or something to that affect. Anyways someone I was playing with said that by changing something in one of the files when extracting the pbo I could still use it on any server and was wondering if you could shed any light on what I would need to modify? Thanks in advance.

Btw I am not trying to step on anyones toes but I really hate standing around for 10 mins everytime I load onto the server just to get the same gear over and over again

Hey,

Not sure if someone allready told u but when placing a SOFLAM in your backpack, ingame it's seen as a "Laser Designator Battery". So you can't place one in your backpack. Placing one instead of your bino's or NVG's works good.

Awesome program btw! :)

-Thomas

Hey,

Not sure if someone allready told u but when placing a SOFLAM in your backpack, ingame it's seen as a "Laser Designator Battery". So you can't place one in your backpack. Placing one instead of your bino's or NVG's works good.

Awesome program btw! :)

-Thomas

I don't have this problem here with ACE 1.13 Stable backpacks and OA backpacks.

WIP - LEA profiles folder management - coming next

https://dev-heaven.net/attachments/19533/leamultiprofilefoldertree.png

Includes:

- multi folders imbrication, up to 255 folders deep

- drag and drop

- drop-down menu when right clicking with all basic commands

Edited by Major_Shepard

I am playing with a Persistant Database Enabled mission. I love your loadout editor but it messes up the persistance of weapon boxes and vehicles once people reconnect. Essentially, what I think happens with your respawn code is that it initializes the loadout globally on connection/respawn instead of JUST the loadouts for the players. So for example, if I am playing with PDB enabled and I take an AK and put it in the box, for everyone already in who hasnt died, they will see the AK. But if anybody dies or joins the mission late, they will not see the AK47 in the box, they will see the default loadouts applied. ALTHOUGH the persistance is being tracked by the DB. So for example, if my team takes 2 MX-2As out of the box (which we only have 2) and goes on mission, and a new player joins in and looks into the box, once the loadout is applied they WILL see 2 MX-2As in the weapon box, but will not be able to withraw them because PDB has recorded the number to be 0 but the loadout script makes it appear as 2. Get what im talking about? Any way you can tweak the script to be Persistant Mission compatible? This would be amazing if you could.

Perhaps a bit OT but i hope this is still a good place to ask: How can a server be protected by edited LEA code? We see on our server a few users that uses a (self-edited) Lea Mod. They now can use it the hole time everywhere they are and "cheat" on the fly AT or AA weapons. We dont wanna disable the usage of this mod cause for most people this mod is really great. I myself informed my hole clan about it and many tried it. Are there easy solutions?

Is the only solution to enable mod-key check? If so, are there good tutorials about it? ;)

Edited by Numrollen