Sign in to follow this  
major_shepard

LEA - Loadout Editor For ArmA 2 Combined Operations and ACE 2

Could you check if the problem appends with all of the profiles or only when one of them is selected? In this case could you send me the profile thanks ;)

LEA 1.3 Update 6 Build 1.3.62

--- Downloads ---

=> Check for Updates in the Help menu.

--- Changelog ---

Added: user can now set quantity of items into ruck ammo list by right clicking on it. see

Added: @R3F_armes updated to 1.2.

Added: generator of strandalone crate script.

Fixed: sometimes seen duplicate entries into @LEA popup combobox.

Edited by Major_Shepard

ACE has changed the IFAK function. It's now

[compress, bandage,tourniquet]

Manually adding morphine/epi in LEA does not work either, as it tries to pack it in IFAK, I presume?

Anyway a fix would be appreciated

Edit: weight seems to not be calculated when right-clicking for rucks.

Also the weight for Satchel Charges (in ACE) has changed, it's around 9kg now (has been for a while)

Edited by cuel

If anyone wants to add the new guns from ACR I made a Addon with only the new weapons. They can be found under the faction ACR in LEA. Good pics are needed, but it serves its purpose.

Download Link

ACR LEA

Here's an updated version with all the weapons from the ingame ammo box. Also the GL versions have smoke shells and flares in the ammo list now.

ACR LEA V2

If anyone can get good pics for the new guns that have scopes and the SD ones, it would be great if they could be posted.

hello Major_Shepard.

Let me start off by giving you some praise and telling you how glad I am that you came up with this, it is an amazingly helpful addon that saved my buddies and me a lot of time.

However, I have one point of criticism: whenever I change the ruck on my profile, it doesn't keep the content of the ruck it replaced. This can be annoying when the only thing I want to change in my profile is the backpack. That's why I would love to see it implemented that when you change the ruck to a different one, it gets filled with all the items that were packed in the old one, instead of manually having to re-add everything again. I think it would be useful to maybe have two "copy ruck content to/from clipboard"-buttons so that you can easily copy&paste the items to the new one (or even to another profile) and maybe additionally to have an "empty ruck"-option.

I don't know if this can be implemented as easily as i described it, or wether there will be any problems, for example, when switching from an ACE backpack to a none ACE backpack. I am also aware that this is probably just a minor issue for most people, but I feel like this would improve the usability of your addon and allow for a faster profile creation and editing. Nevertheless, I hope you can give some thought to my suggestions.

Keep up the good work!

hello Major_Shepard.

Let me start off by giving you some praise and telling you how glad I am that you came up with this, it is an amazingly helpful addon that saved my buddies and me a lot of time.

However, I have one point of criticism: whenever I change the ruck on my profile, it doesn't keep the content of the ruck it replaced. This can be annoying when the only thing I want to change in my profile is the backpack. That's why I would love to see it implemented that when you change the ruck to a different one, it gets filled with all the items that were packed in the old one, instead of manually having to re-add everything again. I think it would be useful to maybe have two "copy ruck content to/from clipboard"-buttons so that you can easily copy&paste the items to the new one (or even to another profile) and maybe additionally to have an "empty ruck"-option.

I don't know if this can be implemented as easily as i described it, or wether there will be any problems, for example, when switching from an ACE backpack to a none ACE backpack. I am also aware that this is probably just a minor issue for most people, but I feel like this would improve the usability of your addon and allow for a faster profile creation and editing. Nevertheless, I hope you can give some thought to my suggestions.

Keep up the good work!

I think the easiest way would be to popup a message like "Remove ruck content?" when user remove the ruck. If the user choose No the content would stay alive ^^

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Here's an updated version with all the weapons from the ingame ammo box. Also the GL versions have smoke shells and flares in the ammo list now.

ACR LEA V2

If anyone can get good pics for the new guns that have scopes and the SD ones, it would be great if they could be posted.

Update added to repository, thanks again. ;)

Thanks for creating LEA Major Shepard. It makes life a lot easier when dealing with the overflowing 'magic boxes' many mission makers provide for gear selection. I would like to second BraveRobot's suggestion about saving content while switching rucks, and would like to see if possible the ability to reorder items, particularly in the ruck menu. It can shave quite a few seconds off in the middle of a firefight when you don't have to scroll down to grab more ammunition from your ruck (since I have a basic preset with medical supplies at the top of my ruck). Dragging around items could be one way to implement this, but I imagine it would be simpler and just as effective to add 'Move up' and 'Move down' buttons as well.

Finally, although I know only stable ACE releases are supported, it would be great if the new IFAK is represented sooner rather than later, since it seems like it's here to stay.

Edited by Kildar

Thanks for creating LEA Major Shepard. It makes life a lot easier when dealing with the overflowing 'magic boxes' many mission makers provide for gear selection. I would like to second BraveRobot's suggestion about saving content while switching rucks, and would like to see if possible the ability to reorder items, particularly in the ruck menu. It can shave quite a few seconds off in the middle of a firefight when you don't have to scroll down to grab more ammunition from your ruck (since I have a basic preset with medical supplies at the top of my ruck). Dragging around items could be one way to implement this, but I imagine it would be simpler and just as effective to add 'Move up' and 'Move down' buttons as well.

Yes could be done. By default it may automatically shave items in the ruck by alphabetic order and one's could change this rather manually thanks to up/down button or dragging.

Finally, although I know only stable ACE releases are supported, it would be great if the new IFAK is represented sooner rather than later, since it seems like it's here to stay.

The thing is that the ACE script function for loading IFAK has been modified a way not compatible with ACE 1.13 stable release.

The thing is that the ACE script function for loading IFAK has been modified a way not compatible with ACE 1.13 stable release.

Not sure how this would work out (and it would probably cause you some GUI headache in your editor), but one simple way around this if you haven't thought about it already would be to add the IFAK items first and letting ACE handle placing them into their slots, and adding a delay before giving the player the rest of the secondary/pistol equipment.

Thanks again for everything and taking our advice into consideration.

LEA 1.3 Update 7 Build 1.3.63

--- Downloads ---

=> Check for Updates in the Help menu.

--- Changelog ---

Added: user can now manually order ruck content. Select an item into the ruck list and use wheel mouse button to move the item up and down.

Changed: ruck content is no more deleted when replacing the selected ruck to another one.

Fixed: weight computation when left clicking on an item into the ruck list.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Weapons of RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation are now available in LEA and will be updated as mod develop. Check RHS AFRF addon into LEA repository ;)

Could you check if the problem appends with all of the profiles or only when one of them is selected? In this case could you send me the profile thanks ;)

sorry for late reply. i have updated LEA past the version that i was having the problem. if i ever encounter it again i will report back thanks.

I'm wondering how do I manually edit in content from the ACE explosives into the LEA explosive list (specifically the PMN-1,2,3 and PPM-2 from ACE explosives list on the wiki which I'm unable to link due to 0 post history), because in certain server's "magic boxes" I'm able to find a default mine icon for those Anti personnel mines and I'm able to use them in the server, however I cannot find them under the LEA's explosives tab, of which I find MON, Anti-Tank mines and a whole lot of others that is usually 1.6KG or above, being that the PPM-2 and the PMNs all weigh around 0.6KG each (iirc), I would want to load them out without going through the big item box.

I'm fairly new to modding in Arma so elaborate instructions would be appreciated. (I would see to the (English) wiki for a solution, but it has been down for more than 48 hours hence I came to post here)

Also I want to thank you Major for maintaining this mod and for making it.

Here you can find the wiki: http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/index.php/1._LEA:_Loadout_Editor_For_Arma_2_co_and_ACE_2

I guess the stuff you are talking about belong to ACE Dev one's can download from Six Updater witch is not supported by LEA.

LEA only support the last stable release 1.13 of ACE 2.

Now you can create an addon for LEA specific to this stuff. See the addon part of the Wiki and help you with this:http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Classlists

Edited by Major_Shepard

Here you can find the wiki: http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/index.php/1._LEA:_Loadout_Editor_For_Arma_2_co_and_ACE_2

I guess the stuff you are talking about belong to ACE Dev one's can download from Six Updater witch is not supported by LEA.

LEA only support the last stable release 1.13 of ACE 2.

Now you can create an addon for LEA specific to this stuff. See the addon part of the Wiki and help you with this:http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Classlists

Thanks for that classlist link, I've found the PMN's and added the ACE_PMN3_M in the list, put the correct info, selected an image and it can now be used in game.

I didn't know it was this easy, I thought a file had to be extracted to be a resource in @LEA, but this just makes your mod that much more awesome.

Thanks again Major Shepard!

I made a LEA Addon for the ongoing development of ace (Dm12, DM16, 9banger, 2banger, apobs, ladder, minemarkers, periscopes, mirrors) and i just used google pictures for the images^^

could you send this LEA addon so I could put it into repository and made it available for everyone ? (Help -> Add new Addons -> select in the list -> Export)

Thanks ;)

Why are you only supporting ACE stable?

ACE stable isn't used by any group or server. They're all on the latest SIX Updater versions, which are always tested by developers before pushing.

It's extremely strange to only support 1.13 normal, which isn't used by any groups or servers.

Its probably something to do with config stuff changing constantly with the new ACE betas, making him able to focus on improving LEA rather than playing catchup with ACE.

They're all on the latest SIX Updater versions, which are always tested by developers before pushing.

From my (very) long experience with ACE mod, I must say it's wrong. That's why there is a stable version in a way ^^

It's extremely strange to only support 1.13 normal, which isn't used by any groups or servers.

Speaking for the french ArmA 2 community that use ACE 2 I can assure you that ALL of them use the last ACE stable release. Also I must say they only play on their private servers witch make all the difference with one's dealing with SixUpdater and public servers.

So people using ACE stable release would also fall into in game script errors with the new items introduced by the dev version. If you lake of the (few) new items, you can add it into LEA anyway.

And Booce gives the last valuable argument.

Edited by Major_Shepard

I run the second largest ACE public server.

I follow ACE development and ACE groups.

Groups that use ACE latest (SIX Updater):

• Mine (The Wrecking Crew UK)
  • United Operations
  • ShackTac
  • 15thMEU
  • 7thCav
  • Reality Gaming
  • Seal Team 3
  • Military Gamer
  • Tango Bravo
  • FEC
  • ect...

Groups that use ACE "stable":

• Yours

Your group is the exception, not the rule.

the dev version

It's not the dev version.

The dev version is accesable from a custom repo.

The version on SIX Updater is the "release" ACE version.

1.13 is the "we can pretty much assure you there's no bugs" version, but that's because there are a lot less features.

Edited by Heaney

Sorry we are a french team who play every week with some french team and in this team some guys have a very bad connection, int the french community all the team that i knows use the stable version. Furthermore i like Addon sync and i dislike six updater.