shay_gman

MCC Sandbox - The Mod

@trini, I'll look into it on SP.

@Wolf72nd, Do you use ArmA CO or ArmA OA?

@shay_gman,

Arma OA only.Thanks for your help.

MCC was build for ArmA CO but it might work on ArmA OA with some flaws as you can see for yourself.

Thanks Shay, your work is greatly appreciated!

Thanks mate. I'll give you my address so you can send me milk and cookies. :bounce3:

@shay_gman,

Ok, makes sense now.Wonder if it will work with free arma?Guess I could download and see.Otherwise Iwill just buy Arma,but not sure how to get them to combine.

Thanks again!

Heya

I'm a big fan of this mod I would say its essential to enjoy Arma2 by this stage :)

I haven't had any CAS working for me since this changed over to an Addon.

@shay_gman, I was curious to learn some scripting anyway and have been poking around in mcc_sandbox to learn. Have been able to fix my CAS problems locally.

After much playing around I noticed that setting the pilots side to civilian made him unwilling to fly the plane and all the spawned CAS jets simply crashed!

Have changed 2 lines in \mcc\general_scripts\CAS\cas_execute.sqf:

//_plane,_pilotGroup,_pilot = [_planeType, civilian, _spawn, _pos, 200, true] call CREATE_PLANE;
_plane,_pilotGroup,_pilot = [_planeType, playerSide, _spawn, _pos, 200, true] call CREATE_PLANE;

Making the pilot the same side as the player seems to do the trick.

Hope this saves you some debug time.

This has been tested out with a harrier and JDAM. I dont play with ACE generally.

Berno.

@Wolf72nd

I think ArmA free dosen't support addons. Don't worry about combining them shouldn't be too hard.

@Berno

Wow thanks mate. I'll check it out, I wonder why for some it is causing problems and for some it dosen't. I'll look more into it tonight.

I copy the mod folder to the game directory as any other. My addon launcher cannot see the mod because there is no "addons" folder within the mod folder. How do I get this thing to work? I feel pretty dense not figuring this out on my own. Thank you.

I know the mission version worked on a locally created server (not dedicated). Does this mod version have the same flexibility?

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Six Updater? I thought that was for ACE mod. I use Spirited Machine's ArmA II Launcher for all my mods (JSRS, WarFX, JTD, and hopefully this). Works fine, though there is quite a bit of hassle involved.

I don't really know anything about Six Updater.

Hey, any considerations for adding the ability to have multiple people controlling the mission at once?

IE; two guys working together to construct a town.

Sorry - wrong thread!!!

Edited by Jedra

Six Updater? I thought that was for ACE mod. I use Spirited Machine's ArmA II Launcher for all my mods (JSRS, WarFX, JTD, and hopefully this). Works fine, though there is quite a bit of hassle involved.

I don't really know anything about Six Updater.

SU is for updating alot of mods. A great tool to keep your mods up to date.

Hey, any considerations for adding the ability to have multiple people controlling the mission at once?

IE; two guys working together to construct a town.

Nope, kind of killing the idea behind role playing with a GM.

First of all, MCC Sandbox is amazing. A mission that took me 15 minutes to make in the standard editor takes me about 2 with MCC.

A problem though - For whatever reason, the 3D Editor doesn't show an object to place. I chose one, hit apply, but nothing happens. RTE works fine.

Edit:Works fine in the construction HQ mode though...

Edited by Haps

Thanks Haps

I'll asume you are running ArmA2 CO, try scrolling the mouse wheel up for a while.

I'm running just plain ol' Arma2... I can't seem to make any progress with your mousewheel suggestion.

Is there any way to spawn in an ACE EASA module in the middle of the game? I'd love to have EASA on my favorite mission.

I'm running just plain ol' Arma2... I can't seem to make any progress with your mousewheel suggestion.

Well you'll need to buy ArmA OA and combine them to CO. As the 3d editor using the red ball from OA. I might create a new class and add it to MCC as it a mod now, but I'll need some moderator create the 3d graphic for it.

Is there any way to spawn in an ACE EASA module in the middle of the game? I'd love to have EASA on my favorite mission.

I can't remember if I added it, Try looking for it the last menu. Worst case you can add it in the 2d editor or I'll make a preset for it from the 3D editor.

Where would it be in the last menu? I wasn't aware there was a 2D editor included with the MCC Sandbox. I think the preset in 3D editor would be so awesome.

Well you'll need to buy ArmA OA and combine them to CO. As the 3d editor using the red ball from OA.

Well that explains it!

Thanks!

Hello,

is there any way to modify the ace wounds prevtime to more than 600sec?

If I define it per init.sqf it wont work, because mcc overwrites that.

greetings Donny

I've done some testing to mod MCC Sandbox.

shay_gman, please don't take it as a demand or offensive talk. I used "must" verb just to point out that I can't find any suitable way to use my beloved MCC Sandbox with my squad and I fear it will remain not fixed.

First of all I want to say it's an awesome idea and we used it widely as mission script, not mod. It's unique and very user friendly. But since it become a mod...

Compatibbility problem

My squad has our own preset of mods including ACE and some others. We haven't run into such trouble with any mod yet until we tried MCC SAndbox.

Now there are certain inconveniences.

MCC Sandbox Mod must be disabled from loading or initiating anything into the game by default. Instead, all MCC Sandbox must load and initiate when and only when the activation module is placed in the editor. E.g. "Turn On MCC SandBox" module.

I cannot place "Disable MCC Sandbox" in all our squad campaigns and training, same as I cannot place the authorization script with restriction to use it only by me in every mission.

MCC SANDBOX must not initate unitl it is manually activated in the editor.

It's not a weapon mod, not some interaction mod, but it's a total control mod, which breaks all the mission design when set loose to free usage.

Any ideas on this issue? Am I missing something or went crazy? :)

Strange bug

Another thing (sorry if it's already fixed) is a strange bug I experienced. I played with my buddy on the hosted server and we were only two human players on the map. Used MCCS mod, and I always had two menu items "MCC SANDBOX" on scroll, and all commands doubled. Two tanks instead of one, two soldiers, everything two and then all broke up with script error finally. Is it already fixed?

Edited by zvukoper
fixes

Hi,

Zvukoper, i'm just working on the new maual as i'm planing a new release soon. Since I allready wrote there why I decided to no disabling MCC I thought I'll just paste it here.

Now if you encounters bugs regarding compatibility with other mods/missions I would like to knwo.

MCC Sandbox started as a mission when I converted it to an add-on I had doubts should it be normally open or normally closed. Will MCC run unless restricted or should it not run unless asked for it. I decided to put it normally open, means MCC will run on all mission unless someone put the MCC Access module in the 2D editor. The reasons are this:

• Some might call MCC a cheat tool. I do not mind if you call it a cheat tool or a test tool or a mission creating/empowering tool. If you want to cheat, cheat you can do it in SP only.

• While playing in MP you cannot really cheat. It is just as the one making the mission in the 2D editor is cheating because he knows where the enemies are. Everyone knows who is the mission maker (it is written in the main menu and by text command), you will know when the mission maker turn ghost mode by getting a hint message saying, "Mission maker is cheating".

• In ArmA even the most gifted scripter can't assure the behavior of a script for 100% only 99% (hack, look at ArmA II campaign). So even when playing a well made and pre made mission in the 2D editor. There is always a chance that the mission will be bugged. This is where MCC step in. The trigger for the evac chopper did not work for some reason; have no fear MCC to the rescue.

• Even if you are playing a mission that is perfect and there is no need for MCC. Make sure one of the admins or the mission maker take charge of MCC. You can never know when you will need it.

Thank you for the reply shay_gman. You have point in your explanation. May be everything is not that bad as I described. Wish you luck and good to hear there will be a release. For some strange reason I thought you kind of stopped working on MCC at all... Nice to see I'm mistaken :) Waiting for your updates!