Sign in to follow this  
CriminalMinds

Grand Theft Auto V

A fairly highly used site for GTA (GTAforums.com) has a section from the moderators and includes a sticky "what we know so far":

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=489948

Timeline

• November 13, 2009 - Rockstar's VP of Creative, Dan Houser, confirms to The Times that a new Grand Theft Auto will be made.

• October 25, 2011 - Grand Theft Auto V is officially announced!

• November 2, 2011 - The release date of GTA V's first trailer.

The Title

At this time, GTA V is simply GTA V. Whether Rockstar choses to give it a title (I.e. Vice City, San Andreas) remains yet to be seen.

The Location

The location of GTA V is anyone's guess as it has yet to be revealed, although indications from casting calls seem to point to the west coast of the USA.

The Protagonist

The protagonist of GTA V has yet to be revealed. Will it be a new character, or one we've already met? Only time will tell.

Release Date

No release date has been given yet, although assuming there are no delays, a reasonable guess would be at some point in the second half of 2012.

Update was Friday with no additions, so make of that what you will (apart from release date info).

BTW:

Countdown page to the actual trailer (which will crash no doubt within minutes) is here:

http://www.rockstargames.com/videos/video/8001

Edited by mrcash2009

A multiplayer mode like GTA:SAMP would be nice. Some really nice servers with 200 people and some nice scripts and stuff from what I remember.

I wonder if the trailer will show the facial capture style like LA Nior for cut scenes?

Just a thought.

A friend of mine just send me this. He said it was posted 3 hours ago (don't know where) and it has already been removed.

My Dad works for Rockstar, and he has been secretly talking to me about it's development for the past two years.

I begged and begged, but at first he would not tell me anything about it for the first year or so- but I got into a bad accident and was severely depressed because of my injuries.

I was so depressed that I would not talk to anyone for over six months, and would not even try to get out of my wheelchair to walk again, or attend physical therapy.

Out of total desperation, knowing how much I loved GTA, my Dad started secretly talking to me about his job, and what was going on with GTA 5. He saw that every time he spoke about GTA 5 with me I would get happier, and I even started attending therapy, so he continued telling me everything about it.

I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT WHAT IS IN GTA 5.

All the stuff that has bean "leaked" so far is all B.S.

My Dad is going to put me back in my wheelchair- permantly- if I tell you all this stuff- but I cannot resist! I have been reading these stupid comments for days now, and it has been driving me crazy! I just have to say something! So here it is folks- the real deal- and I am going to get into HUGE trouble for this- but it is worth it: (Pray for me that my Dad won't break my back again- I have been through enough already!)

1. The protagonist is not named "Adrian" or whatever- he is hispanic though (Columbian) and his name is "Xavier". The name Xavier was chosen for the "X" initial.

2. The game takes place in San Andreas in 2012. There will be a timeline with days of the week, a calender, and dates. WW 3 breaks out on the date 12-12-12 in the game and changes the story drastically, and there will be a tsunami. Xavier goes from seeking revenge, and being a big time drug dealer, to saving many people, and being a real hero (Xavier means Savior in English).

3. The map is about twice as big as GTA 4, and much more detailed. The map will be very similar to the old San Andreas, although there will be major changes to the environment.

4. Xavier is young, and the game starts out on his graduation day from High School- everything is going great- until a drive-by kills his brother at the graduation ceremony.

5. Xavier will be buying a lot of properties like GTA San Andreas- but looses most of his properties from the tsunami at the outbreak of WW 3.

6. There will be gang wars- but everyone comes together to fight a common enemy. You will go from killing cops- to being a vigilante and helping the cops.

7. There will be military, but you will go from fighting against them when you have 6 stars, to working with them in a big way.

8. There will be a huge battleship that you will pilot that has big artillery, missiles, and guns that will be manned by other players in multiplayer.

9. There will be jet fighters, helicopters, drones, tanks, a submarine, wingsuits, jetpacks, and parachuting. There will be much higher altitudes, and dogfighting will be back- it will be in multiplayer mode.

10. There will be a few cars that are set up for drifting. You can mod cars, bikes, and trucks in mod shops. There will be badass lowriders, Monster trucks, and a car like the one in James Bond's

It seems a bit like a crazy story but who knows :rolleyes:

1h30 left !

The game will use the Max Payne 3 engine and the PC version will be ported by Leeds.

Got that after talking with a very polite developer :)

the vid lasts 1:24

It's loading right now

AAAAaaaaaaaAAAAAaaaaaaaahhhhhhAAAAaaaaaaAAAAAAh

Edited by Macadam Cow

Well not a bad teaser trailer, clearly back to Vinewood as San Andreas.

Graphicly it looks on par with LA Nior, nice use of music in the teaser, cant say that any of the leaked info of character suggests much of anything correct in places, didn't blow me away too much editing wise, but interesting to get all the new info and more footage.

I noticed focus on "mile high club" poster, so obviously personal jets and flight must be back in.

Edited by mrcash2009

The guy looked italian. Maybe he is not the main character who knows...

So we have Los Santos and the Mountain from San Andreas confirmed :D until now

Convertables also seem to work as convertables now. You can drop the roof :D

Hmm road sign said Los Puerta. (Which wasn't in San Andreas was it?) Although the Vinewood reference is there. Just LA then?

The guy looked italian. Maybe he is not the main character who knows...

Think i know the guy at 0:40 from PSP´s Liberty City Stories.

Is it me or the guy at 0:58 looks a bit like (fat obviously, McDonalds works) Niko?

From what I've read on a french gaming site the trailer comes from the PC version.

:)

Edited by Macadam Cow

That trailer really got me excited.

Looks awesome!

Looks pretty good, though i am not sure if i like the shiny color scheme compared to GTA4's more gritty one.

Guys are saying that old man , will be probably a protagonist and also he's Tommy Vercetti :D

Nah that would make him 62 years old or something like that. The guy in the video looks like his in his 40's.

Wow... And I thought I was over GTA, that looked very impressive, concerned at not seeing cars flying off ramps though!

From what I've read on a french gaming site the trailer comes from the PC version.

:)

Given my experience (10 minutes) with GTA 4, I will believe it only after I see it running on PC with my eyes.

And I might still not believe it even after seeing it! They could be hiding a console inside a computer case! Developers these days..

Beautiful, simply beautiful.

* Time period is going to be early 2010s San Andreas, judging by the vehicles in the game and the signs pointing to an economic downturn (foreclosure signs, scores of homeless people and beggars, going out of business firesales, family man robbing a bank). Although it takes place in San Andreas, it'll be redesigned as there are locales not in the previous incarnation of San Andreas, such as the Los Puerta freeway, East Los Santos, Little Seoul, Pleasure Pier, Vespucci Beach, etc.

* Judging by the trailer focusing on two people, I'm thinking that there'll be more than one playable character this time around. Probably Tommy Vercetti and Carl Johnson, although Vercetti would be in his sixties in the early 2010s and Johnson would be in his forties.

* The scale is obviously much more vast than in previous games. Case in point, did you see the wind farms and the scale of those mountains? :eek:

* Aircraft are back, as usual. However, it looks it won't be limited to rotary wing aircraft this time around. Anybody spot that F-35B at 1:02?

Edited by Laqueesha

Computer and Video Games site nerdy analysis of the trailer 10 min video:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/video/1255061969001/gta-v-trailer-analysis/

For unrelenting analysis, stats, breakdowns, gif analysis, zoom ins, theories and just about everything ripped to pieces, put back again and then conclusion analysis check the GTAforum section:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showforum=239

Official announcement:

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city

of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V

focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.

Source: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire

Edited by CriminalMinds