Sign in to follow this  
CriminalMinds

Grand Theft Auto V

There is one Thing that confuses me. Why does it have a number in the Title?

Each GTA that had a number, had two important Things:

A new Engine

Liberty City

A new Engine already? Who knows

Liberty City? Would totally fit with the banksters/money theme.

The V could also be a codename for something else.

It will be in LA and have more than one playable character.

http://kotaku.com/5853279/

GTA 4 with mods is stunning.

4ptKtBeQmFY

Just an example, there is better looking mods with real cars and stuff. Some screens can be mistaken as real.

Edited by Smurf

I hope they have more open ground like in GTA:SA. I don't like Liberty City, I would prefer to drive a convertible down a desert road while playing rock music, not around some big city.

If its money orientated then maybe it might be based on Vegas, well, at least a map that will include open travel areas. Having said that not liking a map & game that was completely designed and based on NY city becuase you want countryside and desert is a bit :j: .... :). Mind you I think there as a GTA SA conversion for IV engine in the works, have a search.

I wouldn't like the silly game-play aspects of GTA:SA that was all a bit what Saints Row can cater for, I would like to see a solid story and the usual latest physics and tight scripting which does include a more open expanse in the map some place.

Then again my days of this game have fissled out now, IV is boxed and gathering dust and im really not sure I want to get the next one, would rather have RDR to PC and just Arma3.

Edited by mrcash2009

Last weekend i bought the GTA-IV with exspansions from Steam for 12 Euros, so at that price game is clearly worth the money, but with BF-3 coming out tomorrow it may loose interest...

Will although follow the GTA-V and see what it brings...

One thought, I wonder if like red dead they decide to leave the PC market for GTAV

Things have changed since 2008. Back then consoles were still pretty competitive compared to computers. It's not the case anymore and the gap between consoles and pc's is going to be even greater in 1 year.

Who would have thought Dice would choose computers as "their" platform for BF3 ?

Maybe (finger crossed) they're going to follow the Dice's path and not restrict themself with consoles limitations.

Maybe this time the city wont be in US? Would be interesting to see something like Moscow or Istanbul for some underworld corporations and business.

Maybe dealing with selling weapons like in the movie Lord of War?

we shall see, im hoping for a new GTA

I've given up Rockstar since GTA IV fiasco that could never run right (BSOD crashes), loss of RPG elements (small, but still a way in my direction), and never ever considering 1st person fans (I can't control anything in 3rd, making the game far too difficult), and finally completely ignoring PC (Red Dead).

So for me, all hope is lost regarding Rockstar.

and finally completely ignoring PC (Red Dead).
This was actually my next purchase of a "GTA style cowboy game", and it wont come to PC so completely with you on that.

There is a mod for first person, but its more of a hack to be honest. If this ever comes to PC that would be a number one on the list of requests to R* ... add a first person view.

Im not massively in awe about a new game like you see online, but then that's an age thing and the fact that its only a game. Although I will be very interested in videos and graphics as a spectator.

Edited by mrcash2009

This was actually my next purchase of a "GTA style cowboy game".

Yup, me too. I simply loved the setting, even if I wanted a bit more role play'ish approach to it. Guess for horse riding, I have to wait for...

If this ever comes to PC that would be a number one on the list of requests to R* ... add a first person view.

...Skyrim. But hey, guess what they did? They removed 1st person horse riding, forcing it now in 3rd, to me making it pretty much unusable.

Im not massively in awe about a new game like you see online, but then that's an age thing and the fact that its only a game. Although I will be very interested in videos and graphics as a spectator.

Same here. I watched BF3 lets plays, and even if very impressive, I don't feel compelled to buy it for the extremely scripted no replay value single player part (it's MP doesn't interest me at all - also something to do with age and lack of reflexes :p).

;2044899']Brazil-Rio would be nicer.... maybe playing one of the youth street gangs :p

Most are street children, not what RS is looking for.

I also think first person has never been implemented becuase R* dont want to have that kind of reality to the violence, IE the psychology of 3rd person/speaking in 3rd person = distanced from the violence in a 3rd person perspective.

I know that may seem odd to say, but there's allot of difference conducting the violence of GTA as first person perspective, less of reality or more un natural as 3rd.

But hey, guess what they did? They removed 1st person horse riding, forcing it now in 3rd, to me making it pretty much unusable.

What can't you figure out about third person? It's really not that much different.

It is to me :p Hard to explain. Floating (like, smooth camera movement) makes me keep running into walls constantly. Fixed (as rigid as 1st person) just feels utterly horrible. And I can't imagine a middleway setting that would work. It becomes too annoying to keep control and immersed I just don't do it.

Unless you actually become utterly annoyed with 3rd person view (not talking about "cheat mode" like in A2/OA, that's other reasons entirely for me), I guess it's hard to imagine. Imagine being forced to play with red and blue colors disabled simply because others said you had to :)

Another GTA and I still don't give a damn. Really hate that series to be honest.

Yeah, I don't know, I just can't get into it. I don't think they're necessarily poorly made. I just don't like them. They got old way too fast for me.

I think IV redeemed itself for story and less kiddy fun times (which some disliked) more grown up graphics and so on (PC issues and support problems aside).

It was the only one I played the storyline and completed it, before that I tired of it half way through in SA/Vice City.

Unless they pull something really unique out of the bag it will be hard not to see it as the same old thing with a fresh look & theme.

I also wonder what this ones install size will be, 16gig for the last one, multi DVD's ... blue ray install only? Physical download only? Then again it wont be for PC for some time to come.

The things that would make people take notice is PC release first, or PC with consoles release parallel and PC has its own support, full graphics support from the outset without patching it and hacking for PC, and its done for PC by Rockstar North (who PC released previous titles prior to IV) and not Rockstar Toronto (who cocked up the last PC side release with IV with a slowly-patched-up-over-a-ridiculous-amount-of-time bad port). With the community fixing the rest and actually adding graphical features R* Toronto either couldn't do, or didn't want to do due to budget.

Edited by mrcash2009

For unbridled run from the Po-Po, awesome cityscapes and insane amounts of physics -GTA remains supreme.

My pet peeve is that they don't advance some of the games functionality ie...going on a public killing spree with a small army after you then hop in the red circle in plain view and all is forgiven.

I think the player should have to really evade and lay low, go see a plastic surgeon etc... basically they can really dig themselves a hole thats not so easy to get out of.

I notice that some leakage has inevitably happened with GTAV ..

disappointed in movements in places but man this is very much photorealism at its best:

JfBbuMQ_AA8

Guest tajer

Just want to share to you guys what I've read.

"According to a new rumor, Grand Theft Auto V may allow you to step into the shoes of multiple protagonists for the first time in the series."

Just want to share to you guys what I've read.

"According to a new rumor, Grand Theft Auto V may allow you to step into the shoes of multiple protagonists for the first time in the series."

Hm... I don't see how they could make the game more interesting this way. They should stick to the model in GTA 4 EFLC.

Edited by Maio

I'd rather have a developing main character. Sorta like where Skyrim is going; you can choose what to master, but you can't master everything.