Sign in to follow this  
CriminalMinds

Grand Theft Auto V

Strange to see an Arma player saying that :j:

Strange to see an Arma player saying that :j:

No need to be snippety -I'm also a GTA player as I've owned them all ;)

Thing is, Arma 3 feels a lot different to me than any of the other and obviously had a makeover. That playthrough could have easily been GTA4 as I just didn't see any difference at all except for more thug swagger.

Not tryin be a buzzkill but how does this look any different than the previous GTA's?

This time there's a V instead of IV.

Obiously a lot of new stuff is in the game, you can't really judge it on one video. There's a lot of info out there on what's new, if you take a moment I'm sure you'll have no problem finding that info.

No need to be snippety -I'm also a GTA player as I've owned them all

If you dont see a difference then you cant possibly own them a i`m afraid especially not GTA 4 :).

Of course owning doesnt mean you played them i accept that ;)

check the GTA online vids there is some good stuff there personaly i think its going to ruin many a winter economy if it pays well , ican already fee man flu coming on as we speak.

If you dont see a difference then you cant possibly own them a i`m afraid especially not GTA 4 :).

Of course owning doesnt mean you played them i accept that ;)

Seriously? I'm talking about the 13 minutes playthrough of real footage not the glossy trailer? What looks any different than 4? I saw him scale a wall a little better and jump some guy in a weird tackle move :confused:

Do they ever improve actual gameplay like better and more realistic firefights? Guess im just getting old cause it looks like same game new story :o

I've been watching a livestream for the past few hours. It looks amazing. You can have trailers on cars, tow trucks with working tow hooks... :D 18wheelers and go on a rampage down the highway chasing deer!

Police lights look much better, i'm glad they improved them

Amazing!

Seriously? I'm talking about the 13 minutes playthrough of real footage not the glossy trailer? What looks any different than 4? I saw him scale a wall a little better and jump some guy in a weird tackle move :confused:

Do they ever improve actual gameplay like better and more realistic firefights? Guess im just getting old cause it looks like same game new story :o

Yeah seriously :)

How can anybody own all the set and make judgement on 1 smal video and not know about the new features persistency and live streams to get a better look before purchase :)

it is looking like a good upgrade and lots more shine on the paint too lol ,if ya realy good i will let ya in my Crib haha

Yeah seriously :)

How can anybody own all the set and make judgement on 1 smal video and not know about the new features persistency and live streams to get a better look before purchase :)

it is looking like a good upgrade and lots more shine on the paint too lol ,if ya realy good i will let ya in my Crib haha

LOL ok ok. Not trying to rain on anyone's picnic, if you like the status quo of GTA than I guess this will be another good ride. I guess I really liked the original, mainly because it was so new and cool to go anywhere, get in crazy car pursuits with police and the main character was mostly silent so he could be anyone -even my kid sister loved it for that reason. What turned me off was eventually the stories grew tiresome with just more and more tough guy posturing, and I could see a huge disconnect between the free world and the mission world which only activate and deactivate when landing on a mission star. Massacring 100 people, shooting 10 cops and then running was a rush only to have a silly ending in which I just drive to an objective star.

So I bought each iteration, buying in to the hype but it always devolved into the same meh about the story -lets run from the cops! What I mean by new gameplay is how about actually incorporating the mission world into the real world -just wander around and let things unfold without mission stars and cutscenes. I know that's a monstrous tasks but heh, I'm looking for "next level" ;)

That's the spirit :)

I do exactly the same with this and bis games don't think I have ever been has happy as I was in CWC but I keep telling myself it will happen , it never does and never will but the ride is still worth the fare :)

Judging by the video escaping from the police is too easy, and why are there only 5 Stars as maximum?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLEvljjgY1Y&list=UUxrabvyKFouqGiuQ5lRNgmg

Entire playlist of leaked videos here. For example the train ride video, the texture level of the train is god awfull, so you can see the limits, however if released to PC that would be a different story. Unsure the leak is running on low settings becuase some of the detail has allot to be desired, jaggy, blurred textures and so on.

Have to say there obviously isnt much of a jump from IV to V becuase its been set for current gen. The only time you will see some leaps like from San Andreas to IV will come from V to VI utilising all the non limits of next gen. Im more interested in that for mind blowing changes.

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:24 ----------

http://stickskills.com/2013/09/12/microsoft-is-banning-consoles-over-gta-v-leaks/

Microsoft is banning consoles over ‘GTA V’ leaks

za2Dh817ZyM

11 year old boys reaction to getting GTAV ... something is wrong with this picture.

Edited by mrcash2009

An 11 year old boy getting his hands on GTA. Well I really think that an 11 year old might not be mentaly ready for that game.

yeah either his parents are utter morons or they have no idea that the game contains strip clubs, people getting killed brutally and profanity laiden dialog everywhere.

An 11 year old boy getting his hands on GTA. Well I really think that an 11 year old might not be mentaly ready for that game.

I don't get why people are surprised about this happening, when I was at high school, and in year 7 (11-12 years old), most of the people in my year had played (I think it was either VC or SA), because either their parents had gotten it for them or for their older siblings who let them play it too.

Well IMO if anyone really believes that people take game ratings seriously then.... I dunno. People just don't. Any game with a bit of blood & killing will get an 18 rating, regardless of actual gameplay, so that kind of dilutes its value.

I remember when I was really young (About 8 or 9), I played GTA III that I was somehow able to rent from a store. I also played GTA VC at a friends house and later got it for my birthday along with GTA III when I was 9-10. I got GTA SA for Christmas when I was about 11.

I know for a fact that my dad looked into it before buying it. They talked it over with me. An 11 year old getting a M-rated game is nothing new. I'm sure we all played an M-rated game when we were younger.

I wasnt surprised, just cringed at the worship of the game to be so emotional about it. Shame he wasn't old enough to cry about no AA and poor textures :)

Leisure Suit Larry and Strip poker for Amiga was my naughty times ... doesn't even compare :)

No at all, its wrong, everyone knows its wrong .. its just no one gives a shit anymore & explains it away.

Went to pick it up this morning from Elgiganten in Visby, queue of only 9 others 5 mins before opening!

Astrid's protecting it for me ;)

aZNn4BK.jpg