Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.12

Sure mate, if you enable Advanced Mode, you get "Upload Preset" on the right side of the "Preset" RibbonTab.

(Old) screenshot and info at: http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Updater_2_2_Upload_preset_to_server_by_FTP_or_rSync

Can you be more specific..I read through everything but am still a bit lost..my ftp is all numbers and when it asks for an ftp address not sure what to type in that box..i tried the ftp i have and it says error 500 invalid username and password..I can get to the ftp myself just fine..might be missing a step someplace but not sure where..I created a repo folder as explained and clicked "push" 2 files are in their now yml and yml config...lost as to how to get it to push files to my server ftp..any help would be great,,thanks.

JC

EDIT: Moderator:if this isnt the correct place for help on the six updater please move to correct forumn

Placing a T 72 on the map spams the RPT with this

Duplicate magazine ACE_3BK29 detected (id 0:1) in slots ACE_2A46M_1 and HEAT

Duplicate magazine ACE_AT11 detected (id 0:3) in slots ACE_2A46M_1 and AT11

Placing a T 72 on the map spams the RPT with this
Please create a ticket with RPT file.

Hi,

Can I ask if the Laser Targeting system is currently working with ACE because I cannot seem to lock onto a laser target with a gbu or 114k. I notice this was raised as a bug before but has since been closed as resolved. http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23432

The laser target is painted by a fellow clan member and we we're using the harrier (gbu) with only ACE mods and CBA running (updated this morning). On approach in the harrier I can't see the laser marker specifically and I can't lock on to it. : (

Any help is much appreciated.

Hi,

Can I ask if the Laser Targeting system is currently working with ACE because I cannot seem to lock onto a laser target with a gbu or 114k. I notice this was raised as a bug before but has since been closed as resolved. http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23432

The laser target is painted by a fellow clan member and we we're using the harrier (gbu) with only ACE mods and CBA running (updated this morning). On approach in the harrier I can't see the laser marker specifically and I can't lock on to it. : (

Any help is much appreciated.

Just drop the bomb, you don't need to lock the laser target ^^

Has there been a change in the way the ACE viewdistance and terrain detail is initialised?

using the following:-

ace_settings_enable_vd_change = true;

ace_settings_enable_tg_change = true;

For some reason doesnt seem to work anymore... I only have the option from 1 to 10 in the view distance and although i can select the terrain detail the box still says disabled when i click the menu there is nothing in there.

It may very well me something my end. But i have used this in the past in exactly the same way with no problems.

Thanks, but it doesn't hit the target.

Make sure you're approaching the target properly. It works fine for me at least.

Has there been a change in the way the ACE viewdistance and terrain detail is initialised?

For some reason doesnt seem to work anymore... I only have the option from 1 to 10 in the view distance and although i can select the terrain detail the box still says disabled when i click the menu there is nothing in there.

It may very well me something my end. But i have used this in the past in exactly the same way with no problems.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25831

---------- Post added at 10:57 ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 ----------

Several Save/Quitgame/Startgame/Load issues resolved; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25654 (Big thanks to Myau for Reporting/Feedback/Testing)

(@CBA hotfix available on SU, run Verify and Repair on @CBA modfolder).

Can't reproduce the error.

Please post your repro mission in ticket: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25831

AI helicopters seem to bleep a warning when they are landing - just before they turn their engine off

i tested it with simply a 'H' next to a scripted move waypoint with the scripted command CHOPPER land "land"

i assume this is one of ACE's extra sound effects malfunctioning because i've tested this same thing in vanilla combined ops and there was no bleep

please say if there is already a ticket for this one

Edited by ROBINO

Is putting a 4th ai into a tank in the loader position possible? If you add the 4th ai into the cargo of a tank would that mean that they fill the loader position so no-one else can enter it?

Or is there another way?

Today I played the campaign "The forgotten few". During a Mission an enemy T34 approached my second secnaz team and fired its main gun at them. He must have loaded a Frag Round before doing so, because out of 6 team members, 5 were dead.

I was so happy to see the AI choose the right ammunition. Tanks, even this old T34, are becoming serious enemys!

Now we only need some fixes for AI equiped with rocket launchers.

They should not use AT rockets on infantry (they like to do this), and they really should use rockets with Frag effect on them (something they don't do at all), and they should be faster with their rockets. They like to run around before taking out the Threat. The friendly AI Team in my example had a RPG soldier and the Tank was in range for a good shot, but the soldier didn't immediately fire his launcher.

In ACE AI will only engage infantry with HEDP, Frag or Thermobaric rounds, never AT. If you see otherwise, please create ticket with repro mission.

Today I played the campaign "The forgotten few". During a Mission an enemy T34 approached my second secnaz team and fired its main gun at them. He must have loaded a Frag Round before doing so, because out of 6 team members, 5 were dead.

I was so happy to see the AI choose the right ammunition. Tanks, even this old T34, are becoming serious enemys!

Stories like this make me happy. :)

A little Question (dunno if it´s worth to create a Ticket @ DH) :

When you´re seddle up outside on the BMD´s (ACE VDV), you´ve got the Interior-Sound in 1st Person. Isn´t that changeable? :)

In ACE AI will only engage infantry with HEDP, Frag or Thermobaric rounds, never AT. If you see otherwise, please create ticket with repro mission.

RPG-18 They really love to use them on infantry

A little Question (dunno if it´s worth to create a Ticket @ DH) :

When you´re seddle up outside on the BMD´s (ACE VDV), you´ve got the Interior-Sound in 1st Person. Isn´t that changeable?

^this

There is also a Problem with the M2 Land Rover, the one that is used by Takis.

If you are on the gunner slot you hear everything like you are in a closed vehicle.

AI helicopters seem to bleep a warning when they are landing - just before they turn their engine off

i tested it with simply a 'H' next to a scripted move waypoint with the scripted command CHOPPER land "land"

i assume this is one of ACE's extra sound effects malfunctioning because i've tested this same thing in vanilla combined ops and there was no bleep

please say if there is already a ticket for this one

Thanks for note, I'll add more tolerance for warning sound conditions so AI turning off the engine on its will won't trigger it.

RPG-18 They really love to use them on infantry

Fixed.

Is it normal for a M1A2 to severely damage a Shilka with 2 or 3 well placed shots from the M2 machine gun? Seems awkward... :confused:

On the other hand, a Shilka can kill the crew of an Abrams. Not in an instant, but it can be done.