Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.12

Is it normal for a M1A2 to severely damage a Shilka with 2 or 3 well placed shots from the M2 machine gun? Seems awkward... :confused:

On the other hand, a Shilka can kill the crew of an Abrams. Not in an instant, but it can be done.

Shilka's maximum hull armor is 15mm. You can safely bet that it gets a lot thinner than that, and .50 BMG API can handle up to 25mm with a higher estimate.

So penetration isn't the issue, but I agree that a few rounds in the turret shouldn't be able to destroy both tracks, the engine and all the weapons. This is a larger limitation of the armor system, I think. Try hitting a BTR with a few high caliber rounds in the turret and the whole vehicle might turn black and destroyed. Meanwhile, many vehicles have missing damage proxies and hitting them with thousands of rounds in the hull will do nothing (BI's fault).

The Wounding System has a glitch where HE rounds still bleed damage over in some cases, IIRC. Edit: Or maybe that was without the Wounds system. It was a long time ago.

Edit again: I just failed to reproduce it.

Edited by maturin

Fixed.

Wow, thanks. But I think there is one more thing that needs improvement. Even if AI has Frag Rockets, they don´t use them on enemy infantry very often. In fact I have seen it only once. By the way, will they also shoot at vehicels if they have only the Frag Version?

Wow, thanks. But I think there is one more thing that needs improvement. Even if AI has Frag Rockets, they don´t use them on enemy infantry very often. In fact I have seen it only once. By the way, will they also shoot at vehicels if they have only the Frag Version?

Yes they should use anything at vehicles. I remember beeing shot plenty times with RPG7, but there may be an issue when they have mixed ammo, they don't know how to reload different ammo according to the situation. If the launcher is loaded with HEAT, they will only reload Frag after they expended all HEAT rounds. BIS limitation AFAIK.

Yes they should use anything at vehicles. I remember beeing shot plenty times with RPG7, but there may be an issue when they have mixed ammo, they don't know how to reload different ammo according to the situation. If the launcher is loaded with HEAT, they will only reload Frag after they expended all HEAT rounds. BIS limitation AFAIK.

Yeah, I think that is the problem.

We could try adding AI muzzles for various types of rockets, but that would mean AI able to fire 2 rounds of different types instantly. I don't think it's particularly desired for infantry.

I very rarely have units use launchers on infantry. You can't order them to do it, and you can't recreate it, so there are only certain obscure circumstances where they will do so.

And really, it's not a problem. Handheld AT is used against infantry all the time in the real world. I say they should just expand the damage radius of those HEAT rounds slightly and put some sort of hard prohibition on using one-shot launchers against infantry.

Edit: Actually, I can confirm that they absolutely love using RPG-18s on single infantrymen at close range. But I can't get them to use their RPGs and AT4s.

Edited by maturin

Yeah, I think that is the problem.

We should then add this to the ArmA3 CIT on Dev-heaven to fix this serious limitation.

"Most Realistic Military Simulator", heh? ^^:D

Couldn't you have special weapon classes for AI that will be automatically replaced and only be able to use 1 type of ammo, and have a script switch between them based on the kind of ammo that makes sense in the given situation as long as that ammo is available?

Does anyone here notice M203 HEDP grenades taking long periods of time to explode? The last game I played, they were absolutely bonkers. I would take aim at a BMP and fire and nothing would happen. Also, I managed to frag myself with one after a long time had elapsed. It was like I had fired a GP-25 or something.

Edit: However, I can't reproduce it. Maybe it was just that mission. Cipher isn't the simplest piece of software by any means.

Also, I am not loving the various gear changes. I used to be able to interact with units of lower rank and access their inventories. Now I have to wait for some scripts to fire, because it takes several seconds for the screen to pop up. Likewise, I can no longer access rucksacks and RPG packs like I could in vanilla OA. The action menu option is gone and I have use the interaction menu, only to sit through a three second lag time to hear that the back is locked. Excuse me? How do you lock a sack of rockets?

And when I shot the selfish bastard carrying the gear and took the back myself, I could never open it. It took me a few minute to cycle through the various combinations of "In Hands," "On Back" (it disappears from the model!) and on the ground versus action menu, Interact and Self Interact. Only one of those combinations got me an Open Pack option (I forget which), and when I clicked, nothing happened. So I couldn't play that mission because my extra rockets were locked inside a backpack.

I rant here because none of this is ticket-worthy. Here's my RPT anyway; some of the spam is Namalsk's fault.

=====================================================================

== C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

== "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_usnavy;@acex_ru;@acex_sm;@jsrs-e;@jsrs-v;@jsrs-vw;@jsrs-w;@fallujah;@namalsk;@panthera;@proper;@trueuser;@rws" -nosplash -world=empty -showScriptErrors -maxMem=2047 -cpuCount=2

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2011/09/30 20:32:53

Current time: 2011/10/26 19:48:50

Version 1.59.85015

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Updating base class HouseBase->NonStrategic, by nst\ns2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/

Updating base class NonStrategic->HouseBase, by ca\buildings2\a_generalstore_01\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/

Updating base class Weather6->Weather5, by trueuser_skybox_bluer\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Desert_E/Weather/Overcast/Weather6/

Updating base class Weather6->Weather5, by trueuser_skybox_bluer\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Takistan/Weather/Overcast/Weather6/

Updating base class Weather6->Weather5, by trueuser_skybox_bluer\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Zargabad/Weather/Overcast/Weather6/

Updating base class SCAR_H_Single->SCAR_H_SD_Single, by x\ace\addons\c_ai_rof\config.bin/CfgWeapons/SCAR_H_STD_TWS_SD/SCAR_H_SD_Single/

Updating base class MainTurret->MainTurret, by x\ace\addons\c_vehicle\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Jackal2_L2A1_D/Turrets/M2_Turret/

Updating base class MainTurret->MainTurret, by x\ace\addons\c_vehicle\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Jackal2_GMG_D/Turrets/GMG_Turret/

Updating base class SCAR_H_FullAuto->SCAR_H_SD_FullAuto, by x\ace\addons\c_weapon\config.bin/CfgWeapons/SCAR_H_STD_TWS_SD/SCAR_H_SD_FullAuto/

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

[9137,122.704,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.3.2. MISSINIT: missionName=, worldName=namalsk, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]

[9137,132.613,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]

[10203,137.016,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[10203,137.166,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=0.8.1.168, ace=1.12.1.515, acex=1.12.0.348, acex_ru=1.12.0.61, acex_usnavy=1.12.0.64, "]

[10203,137.974,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=true, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=1"]

Strange convex component31 in nst\ns\build\ves\molo2.p3d:geometry

Strange convex component31 in nst\ns\build\ves\molo.p3d:geometry

[17180,345.175,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.3.2. MISSINIT: missionName=Groznaia, worldName=namalsk, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]

[17180,346.024,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]

2nd UV set needed, but not defined in ReportStack not available

[17279,355.022,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[17279,355.086,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=0.8.1.168, ace=1.12.1.515, acex=1.12.0.348, acex_ru=1.12.0.61, acex_usnavy=1.12.0.64, "]

[17279,355.291,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=true, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=2"]

Strange convex component01 in x\ace\addons\sys_ruck\backpack_data\ace_backpack_rpg.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component01 in x\ace\addons\sys_ruck\backpack_data\ace_backpack_civil_assault.p3d:geometryView

[18364,403.5,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.3.2. MISSINIT: missionName=Groznaia, worldName=namalsk, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]

[18364,404.814,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]

[18388,407.883,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[18388,407.985,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=0.8.1.168, ace=1.12.1.515, acex=1.12.0.348, acex_ru=1.12.0.61, acex_usnavy=1.12.0.64, "]

[18388,408.268,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=true, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=3"]

Strange convex component02 in nst\ns\build\panelaky\in_nastenka1.p3d:geometry

Strange convex component03 in nst\ns\build\panelaky\in_nastenka1.p3d:geometry

[25706,927.493,466.674,"x\ace\addons\sys_cargo\XEH_preInit.sqf:72","EXPLODE_1 _this: _target=6a1ba400# 298181: ace_ruck_crate.p3d"]

[25706,927.493,466.674,"x\ace\addons\sys_cargo\XEH_preInit.sqf:40","EXPLODE_2 _this: _cargo=6a1ba400# 298181: ace_ruck_crate.p3d, _volume=0.0465507"]

[25706,927.494,466.674,"x\ace\addons\sys_cargo\XEH_preInit.sqf:44","EXPLODE_2 _this: _items=[[],[]], _type=m"]

[25706,927.494,466.674,"x\ace\addons\sys_cargo\XEH_preInit.sqf:44","EXPLODE_2 _this: _items=[[],[]], _type=w"]

[25723,929.195,468.333,"x\ace\addons\sys_cargo\XEH_preInit.sqf:72","EXPLODE_1 _this: _target=6a1ba400# 298181: ace_ruck_crate.p3d"]

[25723,929.196,468.333,"x\ace\addons\sys_cargo\XEH_preInit.sqf:40","EXPLODE_2 _this: _cargo=6a1ba400# 298181: ace_ruck_crate.p3d, _volume=0.0465507"]

[25723,929.196,468.333,"x\ace\addons\sys_cargo\XEH_preInit.sqf:44","EXPLODE_2 _this: _items=[[],[]], _type=m"]

[25723,929.196,468.333,"x\ace\addons\sys_cargo\XEH_preInit.sqf:44","EXPLODE_2 _this: _items=[[],[]], _type=w"]

[43699,1458.66,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.3.2. MISSINIT: missionName=Groznaia, worldName=namalsk, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]

[43699,1459.98,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]

[43727,1463.53,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[43727,1463.64,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=0.8.1.168, ace=1.12.1.515, acex=1.12.0.348, acex_ru=1.12.0.61, acex_usnavy=1.12.0.64, "]

[43727,1463.92,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=true, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=4"]

Out of path-planning region for O 1-1-B:6 at 6648.4,11376.6, node type

These kind of changes are worth a dev blog, at least.

Edit: Okay, deep breath. I went and confused myself thoroughly, so not everything I said above is necessarily accurate.

But I think I can report that the Interact key Rucksack option doesn't work when you try to open the bag of a corpse. This is sort of okay because you can simply open the bag through the action menu, though.

I still have a feeling the Interact Key gear swapping takes longer to initiate in a busy mission. Was the scripting method for this function changed?

I am pretty sure it wasn't user error that prevented me from opening a dropped RPG pack.

And most of all, I think we should be able to access the rucks of living units who are not in our group.

Also, there is now a cosmetic issue where RPG ammo carriers no longer have their packs visible on their models until they die. This confused me in an old mission.

Edit Again: Is there any possible effect team switching could have on the ruck system? I tried to retrieve rockets for an ammo carrier from a different group and found the rucksack "locked." I killed him and was able to access the ruck as in the vanilla game. But after repeating the process as a different unit, the ruck would not display its original contents. It appeared empty and would only accept the items that I put in it.

Edited by maturin

and have a script switch between them based on the kind of ammo that makes sense in the given situation as long as that ammo is available?
How do you determine the kind of ammo that makes sense in the given situation? :D

We could try adding AI muzzles for various types of rockets, but that would mean AI able to fire 2 rounds of different types instantly. I don't think it's particularly desired for infantry.

Can't you use the aiRateOfFire entry to fix that? That is how the multiple muzzles o' tanks/APCs workaround operates.

Probably different for AT launchers, though.

How do you determine the kind of ammo that makes sense in the given situation? :D

Same as how you determine whether or not you should rearm and from where - That's where the "smart scripting" comes in :)

A quick question, though it may be me being silly, or a bug, I do now know but I thought I'd ask anyway.

With the MQ-8B Fire Scout UAV, is it possible to actually fire the Hellfires onboard it? I've linked it up to the ULB module and can fly it around and use the camera and laser marker, I have also landed it beside an ammunition truck, loaded it will hellfires and can now see them mounted on the missle brackets, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the thing to launch them.

Is there any way to actually do this? And likewise with the cargo version, does it include a cargo drop function? or do players simply unload the cargo?

Thanks all.

@wiggie, did you link it with an apache, I cant seem to get the ULB to work at all, either with the MQ-9 or firescout, it just goes to the UAV screen and stays there, any help would be appreciated

Hi,

yesterday I tried to play ArmA2 with ACE2. Before starting the game I updated to ACE version 517. Afterwards I couldnt connect to any server, mostly there were addons missing, my version was newer than the servers one or both. Because I'm a very casual gamer I'm not signed in into any community with a passworded server. I prefer hand made coop missions and no domination style missions, but I wasnt even able to play on any running ACE2 server (Friday evening). In the past I always found a server on a friday-saturday evening, even if there were only a few...

Do you guys have any hints for me?

Do you know a nice up2date coop server where casual gamers are welcome?

Thank you

*edited

Edited by Blechreiz

I'll copy from the other thread for reference :)

Suggestions to solve your situation:

• Get the server admins to update their servers
  • Find a community that have their server-side updating in order (it's really easy, with Six Updater, even if you cannot run SU on the server directly).
  • Setup a server yourself :D

I just updated my ACE2 for OA to the new stable release version. I get the error code;

"Include file x\ace\addons\main\script_mod.hpp not found."

What is causing this and also when the game was running it showed that ACE was not even installed. Is this a result of the error above, and any help would be greatly appreciated.