Sign in to follow this  
Col.

Cook. American Big City

Btw, I could probably provide models for American style metro buildings. But I have no idea how to actually turn the models into usable game assets. So if someone would want to take occasional models and make them usable, I could probably help out with that.

Btw, I could probably provide models for American style metro buildings. But I have no idea how to actually turn the models into usable game assets. So if someone would want to take occasional models and make them usable, I could probably help out with that.

That's awesome to hear, bud! I can neither do that stuff, but we'll see, if we'll find a guy who knows that stuff or if one offers to help!

Greetings,

Col!

class CfgPatches {
class very_basic_dummy_buildings {
	units[] = {building_dummy};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 1.05;
	requiredAddons[] = {"CAData","CABuildings2","CABuildings","CAMisc2","CAMisc"};
};
};
class cfgVehicleClasses {
class building_dummy {
	displayName = "Dummy Name";
};
};
class CfgVehicles {	
/*extern*/ class Building;

class basic_dummy_building: Building {
	scope = 2; 
	model = "\very_basic_dummy_buildings\building_model.p3d";
	icon = "\ca\data\data\Unknown_object.paa";
	displayName="Dummy Building";
	};
};

There´s your very basic object config.cpp

Change classes (watch integrity) according to your prefabs, put in a folder that is named exactly like the first line in cfgPatches (very_basic_dummy_buildings), pbo it (use binPBO & tick binarize!), done :)

Not sure about whats needed in an addon to work with Visitor though..

^Gotta dissapoint you, but New York would ahve been tooo hard for me to make yet, since I'm a beginner, so it will not be New York anymore, it will be a American fictional city named Cook.

Information, decisions taken:

The map will be a war map, not a civilian map. This is ruins, rubbles and war.

Fictional western American metrocity.

The map will now be two islands, one civilian part, where people lived with a good sight to the main city, and the main city island.

Name of city will be Cook. Or if you guys want another name, I'm up for a contest of best name. (Lack of name imagination)

Didn't this used to be the 9/11 map lol

911? No. New York project, yes.

But after some progress it was too hard to do, so it's now a fictional American city under war.

Again, read the updated information about the project:

Information, decisions taken:

The map will be a war map, not a civilian map. This is ruins, rubbles and war.

Fictional western American metrocity.

The map will now be two islands, one civilian part, where people lived with a good sight to the main city, and the main city island.

Name of city will be Cook. Or if you guys want another name, I'm up for a contest of best name. (Lack of name imagination)

Finally! I don't we've ever really had a map based in America. It's mostly the Middle-East/Eastern Europe.

Weren't there some guys doing a US building map pack? Perhaps you could ask them to borrow some of their models?

Didn't this used to be the 9/11 map lol

that was someone else I thought. The proposed New York map just happened to cover that area. Just because it's in the general area doesn't mean it's automatically supposed to be 9/11. Hope the map project works out. Too bad I can't help. One thing though, make sure the textures are really good and detailed, not basic colors and super plain. From a distance the buildings should actually look like buildings with windows, not large rectangular prisms with basic single color paint and painted on windows. Textures play a large part in creating that war atmosphere that you're looking for. Good luck.

Almost everything you do in life is a challenge, and since I'm a teenager without job, and just school, I ahve much free time to do this, and no real life problems. So yep, this is gonna be hard, but lovely. Love modding as a hobby.

I think that if you can mod as a hobby in your teens and create a map for arma2, then, well, you’re a star… when I was a teenager (which was a very long time ago) I thought I had all the problems of ‘real life’ on my shoulders, it was only as I got a little older I found out otherwise, you seem to be wiser than I was at that age..

Hope it all goes well..

Looking forward to it….

that was someone else I thought. The proposed New York map just happened to cover that area. Just because it's in the general area doesn't mean it's automatically supposed to be 9/11. Hope the map project works out. Too bad I can't help. One thing though, make sure the textures are really good and detailed, not basic colors and super plain. From a distance the buildings should actually look like buildings with windows, not large rectangular prisms with basic single color paint and painted on windows. Textures play a large part in creating that war atmosphere that you're looking for. Good luck.

You mean like this?

http://davidthemachine.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/LOC_Lower_Manhattan_New_York_City_World_Trade_Center_August_2001.jpg

Far away from the city, and you'll see the buildnings like they should be just smaller?

Gotta test that.

Or this?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_y291mOPWLI/Td6WE4zfNPI/AAAAAAAAAOU/ligz3xQ81w4/s320/new-york-attack-mw3.png

Ruins fine and stuff, just smaller?

I think that if you can mod as a hobby in your teens and create a map for arma2, then, well, you’re a star… when I was a teenager (which was a very long time ago) I thought I had all the problems of ‘real life’ on my shoulders, it was only as I got a little older I found out otherwise, you seem to be wiser than I was at that age..

Hope it all goes well..

Looking forward to it….

Haha :D Done modding before for other games, Rome: Total War etc. I see what you mean, sire. Thank you!

You mean like this?

http://davidthemachine.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/LOC_Lower_Manhattan_New_York_City_World_Trade_Center_August_2001.jpg

Far away from the city, and you'll see the buildnings like they should be just smaller?

Gotta test that.

Or this?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_y291mOPWLI/Td6WE4zfNPI/AAAAAAAAAOU/ligz3xQ81w4/s320/new-york-attack-mw3.png

Ruins fine and stuff, just smaller?

Haha :D Done modding before for other games, Rome: Total War etc. I see what you mean, sire. Thank you!

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/7506/callofdutymodernwarfarehs.jpg

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/6988/callofdutymodernwarfareez.jpg

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/1975/modernwarfare3us.jpg

Not to look like MW3 but to emphasize the quality of textures.

Oh, and there's this for a general feel: http://www.callofduty.com/mw3/img/bg/bg_newyork.jpg

Edited by antoineflemming

That's what I'm focusing on, bud! The war feeling and enviroment will come!

Haha, the stadium is pretty great.

1z4v3f8.jpg

by Pathetic Berserker

Just wanted to show you guys that, it was that awesome just :D

There will be a park with this crushed stadium (note; it's just a small wall thats on the pic!)

Haha, it was just so awesome :D

Regards, Col.!

Edit; Yes, the stadium is interior.

Edited by Col.

Glad you like it. ;)

All pieces are complete with AI pathways and AI will walk from one peice to the next.

Also, I dont know exactly how you wish to use them but the undamaged pieces are destuctable down to the level you have in your pic. It's been a while since I played with it but I think it takes 3 2000 lb'rs to destroy each segment.

Looking great, about time we get a America-based map that isn't Area 51 or some military base.

But it kind of disappoints me that it seems that only the big cities in America become the battlefields while there seems to be no mention of fighting in the countryside, particularly the Midwest and the Southern States.

Glad you like it. ;)

All pieces are complete with AI pathways and AI will walk from one peice to the next.

Also, I dont know exactly how you wish to use them but the undamaged pieces are destuctable down to the level you have in your pic. It's been a while since I played with it but I think it takes 3 2000 lb'rs to destroy each segment.

Hmm. The community can deside that. Guys, undamaged stadium or damaged?

And that the Stadium is destructable is freaking awesome. I would use the undamaged, but will also know what the ther guys want.

Looking great, about time we get a America-based map that isn't Area 51 or some military base.

But it kind of disappoints me that it seems that only the big cities in America become the battlefields while there seems to be no mention of fighting in the countryside, particularly the Midwest and the Southern States.

Many thanks! And true!

Well, we do have some countryside maps for Arma though, and Chernarus is kinda countryside, just the cities who's got the russian theme, the towns got some kind of all-country look though, like farms and houses.

I would like to see some MOUT in the suburbs of the USA. :D

Hi

I choose the undamaged stadium :) Im very excited about this project :)

With this answer I will add the stadium undamaged on the map. Happpy destruction and battling inside a baseball(?)-stadium.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Oh and there was one who wanted too see if houses would become a one colored object when it's far away. Tested it today (Not on my own island, on Nicosia, because of its two island with bridge, who is like my project, but used it for testing). And yeah, no one colour object(tested it just, it won't look like that):

14ujlop.jpg

So can you only use green trees? Cuz every map that has the orange summer trees just ends up looking like another Chernarus. And I know the pic is the other map.

We'll see. Treecolours is not desided. That will be placed on the same time as misc-objects. After the main objects is placed, buildnings, houses, roads, sidewalks, etc.