Sign in to follow this  
Darkhorse 1-6

Possible Terrorist Attack in SoCal/Arizona

I've read several different versions, everything from a forum thread to cnn/msn/abc. Some claim it was a single Arizona power company worked who caused it, but the facts don't add up. It happened within minutes of the feds saying they had received information that they considered serious, people have reported hearing explosions, etc. etc.

Here's the short & sweet version:

More that 1.4 Million people throughout Southern California are without power after a major transmission line was severed. Officials are declining to comment on what caused the line to be severed but are saying that it was not a terrorist attack.

Orange County, Coachella Valley, eastern San Diego and parts of northern Mexico are all experiencing outages a will return.

Police agencies in New York City and Washington were alerted to a major terrorist plot earlier today but officials are denying that this has anything to do with that threat.

UPDATE: 7p.m. PST

San Diego Airport completely shut down – All San Diego Flights grounded because of power outage.

Outages also effecting Arizona and Mexico

SDG&E say’s outage cause unclear, but “first time we’ve lost an entire systemâ€

San Diego – 13 police stations without power

SDG&E – two of the other main power supplies in the region are also down…. a transmission line from the north and one from the east

UPDATE: 8:10p.m. PST

Boil Water notice issued for parts of Southern California

Officials are asking people in the following water districts…. Fallbrook public, valley center municipal, Ramona municipal and Coronado to start conserving water so it doesn’t add extra stress to the system.

All San Diego County schools closed tomorrow.

California National Guard put on alert because of outage

UPDATE: 8:35p.m. PST

Maj. Thomas Keegan from the National Guard Headquarters Sacramento – “We alerted our forces of possible call-up — to put people on notice that there may be an activation — guard on heightened state of alert.â€

source

Walker, sorry man, but I beat ya to it. ;)

Facebook strikes again!

UPDATE: 9:15p.m. PST

Blackout shuts down San Onofre nuclear reactors

Reports of looting coming in from all over Southern California. People coordinating looting on Social Media.

Walker, sorry man, but I beat ya to it. ;)

Not something I'd be proud of.

Im from SoCal and I didnt even know this was happening lol.

A better source, CNN

It was not known what caused the service to be shut off, though authorities said it was not an act of terrorism.

A much worse source.

From that page...

A backup system allowed officials to continue operating border crossings from Arizona to California.

Fox News seems to think there's a border crossing between these two states. LOL.

Edited by Tankbuster

I used to work in the power industry and it could be anything. Power lines sometimes break, insulators fail, vandalism, light aircraft accident, transformer malfunction etc. To be so large it does sound like a multiple failure though so could be something suspicious.

Ooops I see from the second link it's employee incompetence lol. It happens, someone where I worked dropped a screwdriver into the innards of a 400kv transformer during maintenance. It cost about £100,000 in penalties while they dismantled the thing trying to find it. He wasn't fired though, they were impressed by his honesty in admitting the error.

Edited by PELHAM

A much worse source.

From that page...

Fox News seems to think there's a border crossing between these two states. LOL.

yes its called Mexico ;)

According to my local news over the past 5 mins, this was caused by 1 worker that removed a "monitoring device" at 1 of the power plants, not knowing it would shut down that large of an area.

Well, that guy is screwed.

Tanky, there are border crossings between AZ and CA. (AZ to CA, not US to Mexico) They check vehicles for animals, certain plants, exotic fruits/vegetables, and among the things on the top of the list, they search for fire ants. Very very careful about fire ants. I've driven from San Diego to NC 6 or so times, and San Diego to Texas atleast that number. There's always a small checkpoint with up to a dozen CBP vehicles set up around the state line. They even move it every so often, although the area glows so bright at night that it can be seen from a few miles away.

(The reference to walker was because he's posted just about everything that might be related to terrorism here every time. I half expected to see a thread by him concerning this or the NY plot. As this is my first (possibly only) such thread, I'm not chicken little just yet. ;) )

People running scared by such things but not from their doctor, swimming pool or cigaretts which all kill way more people than terrorists. :rolleyes:

People running scared by such things but not from their doctor, swimming pool or cigaretts which all kill way more people than terrorists. :rolleyes:

Their doctor? What?

Their doctor? What?

Do you know how many people die every year by false medicamentation or mistakes made by doctors? I guess you don't.

Just in germany, where the gov. force the people to buy the public healthcare, died almost 17.000 people just in 2010. And i should getting scared by terrorists?

Fearmongering TO THE MAX!

US Homeland Stupidity:

(This is no joke, this is no fake, this is for real.)