Sign in to follow this  
IceFire

Where be everyone from?

I was curious which countries everyone is from here.

And which are good to visit since I will prolly be visiting a few in Europe for about a month in a few months.

Just put down city and country and what you think.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ May 30 2002,10:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I was curious which countries everyone is from here.

And which are good to visit since I will prolly be visiting a few in Europe for about a month in a few months.

Just put down city and country and what you think.<span id='postcolor'>

where be the offtopic confused.gif

and o yea, im from birmingham,alabama, USA

Im from Aalborg, Denmark.

If u wanna visit here, come by this town, we have this little street called "Jomfu Ane Gade", which i bet you would like. I for sure know the swedes and norwegians know this street as well smile.gif

Oh, and the beer is relative cheap here as well tounge.gif

As you can see from my flag, I`m from Germany. Exactly from Dietzenbach, that`s 20 minutes south of Frankfurt. Frankfurt is not so bad, but really cool for foreigners are our castles here in Germany. A nice town is Rothenburg ob der Tauber, it still has middle age city walls and every year a large christmas party. Very nice city! But there are thousands of japanese tourists any time tounge.gif

Fort Collins, Colorado USA. In a valley on the front range of the Rocky Mountains about 50 miles north of Denver.

Hmm, this topic look familiar. Oh, there has already been one of these.

But i don't want to spoil the fun....

I am from Benthec, where i live in the Utrean forest.

There i kill and eat the fairy's that live in the march of K'drill.

Oh no, i am just a guy from Holland where i live in Franeker.

Yes, always nice weather here. Sun is shining, birds are flying. This is the place to be wink.gif

Stockholm, Sweden!

aerial.jpg

This is where the party will be when we kick some British butt on sunday smile.gif

Looks nice to live Denoir !

I m from Belgium ( *cough* future World Champions football wink.gif ) near Antwerp.

Midland, Texas, USA. Hometown of who? Prez G. Dubya B. yes, Im sorry, Im sorry, we will try to keep him in his kennel next time.

scotland    a little town called burntisland

binn3.gif

lammerlaws.jpg

Looks nice, Hil! And you have a beach!!

But the name is funny sounds like "burn this land" ...

Are there connections? biggrin.gif

Now I definately want to go to Scotland.

Nice pics , Hilandor smile.gif

I live in a small town called Ski, 20 km south of Oslo (capitol), Norway.

Population: approx: 30.000

Not much to see in Ski; just houses and a few shoppingcenters.

Oslo though, would be a nice city to visit. Lot's to do, lot's to see etc...

Munich, Germany.

Beeeeeeeeeeeergardens!!!

About Scottland: I was there this April. Inverness is the place to go when you visit the Highlands. Very nice town, lovely pubs, good restaurants. Good public connections by busses (Citylink and others) to Loch Ness and other directions. Also a good place to start a trekking tour in the Highlands. Made some nice pics, but they are to big and I have no place to upload them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WhoCares @ May 31 2002,10:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Munich, Germany.

Beeeeeeeeeeeergardens!!!<span id='postcolor'>

Klar! Bei dem tollen Wetter zur Zeit! Da gibt`s nichts besseres!! Na ja, vielleicht das Kloster Andechs  tounge.gif  wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ May 30 2002,11:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Looks nice, Hil! And you have a beach!!

But the name is funny sounds like "burn this land" ...

Are there connections?  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

not sure why burntisland got named as it does but latest info is that in the bottom pic when tide goes out there is a black rock that sticks out of sea black rock = burnt island burntisland.

I'm from Copenhagen, capital of Denmark.

I'm also looking forward to the football championship - as I don't give a shit about football - so when all the football geeks lie unconcsious in the gutter I got a whole city full of babes all for myself tounge.gif

Copenhagen is awesome, just make sure to visit during summertime smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ May 30 2002,11:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is Burntisland pronounced as 'burnt island' or as 'burntis land'?<span id='postcolor'>

its pronounced burnt island

it has been a village/town since roman times, and was a very big market place that dealt with traders from north of scotland and edinburgh ( it was a main port for ferry crossings over the forth river to edinburgh.

even now in summer time we have a large fair that sits on the beach park for about 3 months and the highlight of the year is "marketday" bit like a highland games.

Mary Queen of Scots also stayed in Burntisland for a while before she was decapitated, in the rossend castle ( about 2 mins from my house)

the big hill in the background is actually an extinct volcano and offers a fantastic view of all fife/edinburgh and on a clear day, the scottish highlands can be seen about 150 miles away

and i hate the place lol its a hole =[

Maybe it`s boring if you life there, but surely it`s nice to go to that marketday on a vacation.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ May 31 2002,10:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WhoCares @ May 31 2002,10:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Munich, Germany.

Beeeeeeeeeeeergardens!!!<span id='postcolor'>

Klar! Bei dem tollen Wetter zur Zeit! Da gibt`s nichts besseres!! Na ja, vielleicht das Kloster Andechs  tounge.gif  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Sicher, im Buero sitzen und raus schauen sad.gif

btw: resized some Scottland pictures - if someone can put them up?!

Im from the United Kindom, Manchester.

Manchester could me good to look at Manchester United Football Club Stadium and the Trafford Center,

But i think London will be the top of the lot, its an excellent place.

its not that its boring market day usually has crowds of 10's of thousands or did so a few years ago

for me its too near the sea so it stinks, there is a large aluminium plant that runs 24/7 spewing out dust and costic and they import red oxide by ship so roads are red, i come from further up the north of scotland so im also not used to the crowds of people invading the town every summer.

This just happens to be where the wife comes from sad.gif