Sign in to follow this  
IceFire

Where be everyone from?

Guys tell me u're kiddin'! I haven't watched news for at least a month and have no idea what's happening in the world

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ May 31 2002,17:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Guys tell me u're kiddin'! I haven't watched news for at least a month and have no idea what's happening in the world<span id='postcolor'>

Geez....where ya been!?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ May 31 2002,17:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dunno......... somewhere I guess.....

so tell me what's happening....<span id='postcolor'>

Go to the India thread I'd I'll leave links there for ya.

I live in a small pottery plant located in Gothenburg, Sweden  tounge.gif , used to live in a container but I've upgraded.

Guest SC Jolly

Berlevĺg, Norway.

If you decide to visit Norway, DON'T visit Oslo, the capital. Most/many norwegians think it is the uglyest city in Europe, and I agree.

My recommendations:

Trondheim, Bergen, BodÅ™ or a trip to Nordkapp!

(not trying to brag)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think Chickenhawk was joking ... if you look at his avatar and sig ...<span id='postcolor'>

wink.gif

BTW looks like someone up there has nicked my old avatar, dogmatix. I'm not planning to use it on here so feel free smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

I mean is there finnish people in forum

<span id='postcolor'>

I'm from Finland

washington state........When it rains, it pours

I'm from Belgium (Europe)

Belgium is between france, the uk, germany and holland.

biggrin.gif vive la belgique!

Southern Ontario, Canada.

The only natural beauty here are the Great Lakes <but that is fading> and then there is the farm land <If anyone can call that natural or beautiful>. Theres a lot to do if you go to the cities, which are pretty much just like any other North American cities. We have extreams in weather with freezing cold winters and blistering hot summers <the extreams are caused by year-round high humidity levels>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ May 31 2002,19:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">city of new york

lights.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

ARGH NY is getting attacked by deathrays from space tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ May 31 2002,15:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why is it actually called the black forrest? does no light penetrate the leafs?<span id='postcolor'>

It's a name dating back to roman times. The Black forest is a small mountain range stretching over 100km along eastern side of the valley of the river Rhine. When the roman troops passed through the valley over 2000 years ago there was only dense forest without settlements or roads crossing it. So there was this dark, impenetrable forest - and the romans weren't very creative in naming it. The name stuck and is the same in almost any language (Nigra Sylva = Schwarzwald = Selva Negra = Black Forest = Foret Noir = ...).

Today you could guess the name came from all the conifers (mostly fir), but in those ancient times it was mostly beach and other deciduous species growing there. Also times have changed and the Black forest is densly populated with many small towns and villages. Typical landscape is a mixture of open land for pasture and dense forest plantations. Highest elevation is about 1500m (Feldberg, just 30 Minutes by car from my city), and in winter you can go skiing there (although the Alps are also only two hours away by car) and in summer its perfect for biking and trekking.

Did I mention that we are the city with the highest temperatures in Germany, have very good wine and have many lakes for swimming in the valley of the river Rhine? Hey, what should I say, I like it here. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Southern Ontario, Canada.<span id='postcolor'>

No way!, me too. What city/town/village/butthole do you live in?

I live in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada.

BurgoyneBridge.jpg

The tower in the background is the Library of Brock University.

DalhousieBeach.jpg

St. Catharines is a city of about 130,000 people that is on the southern shore of Lake Ontario on the Niagara Peninsula. St. Catharines is about 15km West of Niagara Falls. Historically, it was the last leg of the 'underground railroad', the route that black slaves took to escape from the U.S. to Canada.

RodmanHall1.jpg

Rodman Hall, Art Gallery.

I was surprised to find this one:

Canal3-TrainTunnel-WestEnd.jpg

This is the tunnel where me and my freinds used to play around, it was a good paint-ball site. About a 100m from here, there is a giant flood control gate that is very narrow and about 150 feet high. Me and my buddies used to drop jack-o-lanterns and assorted crap from here and watch it go, splat. smile.gif

Map

Tyler

I live near Kitchener in a smaller town <I'm not going to say which one>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No way!, me too. What city/town/village/butthole do you live in?<span id='postcolor'>

I tend to carry my own butthole around.

As for pics I could take pics of the most interesting things in my town but most of them would include pics of the local hics passed out on the ground, or me riding around on a lawn tractor, or the public library that someone accedently painted red last year so now it looks like a barn, or that time when my neighbour gave new meaning to the term "frog squash", of the marajuana plants that grow in the bushes around here "how did those get here?" or the old man that lives down my street that complains about every little sound he hears, or that girl at the corner store with the big hooters <I think she used to go to my old school>. Thats about all my town has to offer, oh but it has 3 bars which is amazing considering the population is just over 1000.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thats about all my town has to offer, oh but it has 3 bars which is amazing considering the population is just over 1000<span id='postcolor'>

So the term 'butthole' or 'buttf*ck' town would be more applicable in your case. biggrin.gif

I pass through towns like that all the time, and to be honest, they all look the same.

Tyler

Whittier, California

Its about 20 miles SW of Los Angeles and as boring as hell. If you've ever seen a typical boring American suburb you'll laugh at the resemblence.

The good part is that the beach is close (about 20miles) and so are the mountains(60miles)

The weather here is kinda unpredictable though. Rained all last week and was as cold as hell. Next day it was 92 degrees F.

heh, how about I post a list of all the towns I've lived in? (this may get long)

Cotorro, Havana Province, Cuba

Old Havana, Havana Province, Cuba

Krivoii Rog, Ukraine

Moscow, Russia

Gander, Newfoundland, Canada

St John's, Newfoundland, Canada

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

Nepean, Ontario, Canada

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

In case anyone's wondering I hope to add Miami Florida to the end of that list as soon as I finish college, Ottawa's nice but I'm sick of freezing my balls off tounge.gif.

Vancouver Island, Canada..... in a small town where goats on the roof are the main tourist attraction.. smile.gif

Greaaat, now it definetly looks like my intended from Estonia to France vacation is screwed. (I am simply stopped over in New Deli cause my folks are posted here and I need their money, lol)

Most non-essential personnel are gone.

Looks like I am going to spend the rest of the summer in France.

Hell, maybe i can visit some of the surrounding countries while I am there.

Like Switz, Germ, Brussels, England, maybe Denmark.

Oh well, since the we are basically being forced out of here, uncle sam pretty much pays for it all.

Any suggestions?