Sign in to follow this  
Reezo

EOD Mod

Reezo: Please update the signature to V2. :/

Alright, I watched both videos. I planted all modules along with the parameters.

I'm getting no IED or Suicide spawns what-so-ever.

To be honest the Tutorials aren't extremely in depth about the spawning itself, just setting up parameters and what they do.

What else, must we spawn civilians and synchronize them to the Ambient and Area IED's? What must we do?

How do we spawn an IED, how do we spawn Suicide Bombers?..

Been asking for documentation for ages...

This is probably me but i just cannot get this to work ?

I have put the IED area module down and added this:-

this setVariable ["reezo_eod_range",[0,1]];  this setVariable ["reezo_eod_probability",1];  this setVariable ["reezo_eod_interval",1];

But i never get any IED's?

Also tried the Ambient Module and syn to player but still nothing

Anyone got a little test mission i can test ? i have removed all other MODS but still no luck !

I am getting this is my Log if that helps any ?

11:39:46 "STUFF NEAR IED: []"
11:39:46 "reezo_eod_fnc_pressureDetection - IED 1754eaf8# 400700: ied_v3.p3d WAS CHECKED BUT HAS NO v

is there a way I can put a Debug on it ?

Edited by psvialli

This is probably me but i just cannot get this to work ?

I have put the IED area module down and added this:-

this setVariable ["reezo_eod_range",[0,1]];  this setVariable ["reezo_eod_probability",1];  this setVariable ["reezo_eod_interval",1];

But i never get any IED's?

I have been trying the same thing, but I cannot get it to work either. There aren't any other posts/guides out there that I can find to address the issue, so I'm hoping someone here has been successful at using the "IED Area" module. I managed to get the Ambient Suicide Bomber to work, and I'm assuming the Ambient IED works as well (didn't have the patience to drive around trying to find it), however there seems to be an issue with the 'Area' options. If anyone here has successfully used the "Area IED", I would love to hear how. Thanks in advance.

I have been trying the same thing, but I cannot get it to work either. There aren't any other posts/guides out there that I can find to address the issue, so I'm hoping someone here has been successful at using the "IED Area" module. I managed to get the Ambient Suicide Bomber to work, and I'm assuming the Ambient IED works as well (didn't have the patience to drive around trying to find it), however there seems to be an issue with the 'Area' options. If anyone here has successfully used the "Area IED", I would love to hear how. Thanks in advance.

I started off using the Area IED and it seems to work, although there seems to be an issue with the trigger men. Every time I approach one they completely ignore me, sometimes they say good morning, but other than that it is practically impossible to confirm it's them other than the fact that they don't move.

The modules I'm using are: Require ACE and Ambient Civilians (Expansion): with init: "this setvariable ["townlist",[sakhe, jilavur, mulladost, khushab, chakchak, huzrut, sultan]];"

I placed an Area IED module pretty much on top of the main road running through each of those towns. Default IED spawn range seems to be about 50m so it's possible that placing the module on the road helps.

Added the Area Suicide Bomber module but haven't seen any yet, haven't done a huge amount of testing for it either.

After the issue with the trigger men not responding to me I decided to give the Ambient modules a try to see if they worked better, put them down, put in the default Ambient Civilian (Expansion) module with no init so all towns would populate. Synced the ambient mods to my unit and drove around a large chunk of takistan without seeing a single IED. Going to try messing with the settings to see if it was just bad luck.

Anyone else getting the loudspeaker thing where the action "sticks" to whoever uses it first allowing them to use the action wherever they are?

I rather see this being implemented or reeving permission from Reezo to allow me modify his MOD to enable this suggestion,

Well basically - Every IED is disable able in any way, Satchel charge or a .50 fire onto it of course. But sadly enough there isn't an "realistic" disarm type, Cutting wires or an action menu to disarm IED.

The system could be easily done made as it only requires few lines and to check when you rand a number and number is below 33 (33% chance the bomb will not detonate while disarming hand by - or something like that) - You make the bomb go away or boom :)

^That is my suggestion.

Hopefully Reezo will make an update into this!

I started off using the Area IED and it seems to work, although there seems to be an issue with the trigger men. Every time I approach one they completely ignore me, sometimes they say good morning, but other than that it is practically impossible to confirm it's them other than the fact that they don't move.

The modules I'm using are: Require ACE and Ambient Civilians (Expansion): with init: "this setvariable ["townlist",[sakhe, jilavur, mulladost, khushab, chakchak, huzrut, sultan]];"

I placed an Area IED module pretty much on top of the main road running through each of those towns. Default IED spawn range seems to be about 50m so it's possible that placing the module on the road helps.

Added the Area Suicide Bomber module but haven't seen any yet, haven't done a huge amount of testing for it either.

After the issue with the trigger men not responding to me I decided to give the Ambient modules a try to see if they worked better, put them down, put in the default Ambient Civilian (Expansion) module with no init so all towns would populate. Synced the ambient mods to my unit and drove around a large chunk of takistan without seeing a single IED. Going to try messing with the settings to see if it was just bad luck.

Anyone else getting the loudspeaker thing where the action "sticks" to whoever uses it first allowing them to use the action wherever they are?

I managed to get the Area IED to work by only using "this setVariable ["reezo_eod_probability", 1.0];" in the initialization; it worked every time and the IED was in the area everytime. Don't know what I was doing wrong before, but atleast it works now. And yes, I have the same problem with the loudspeaker sticking. Still a cool feature.

Nice Mod!

My suggestion:

Add some trash on the streets, so the players cant see the difference between normal trash and an IED.

Thats also a good point for more realism in your mod, because the real soldiers in iraq got the same problem every day to see the difference between normal trash and IEDs.

Still got some issues with this mod... when i use it, the civilian module is not working. and i only see the trigger man, but never i ied.. :(

---------- Post added at 10:52 ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 ----------

Nice mod.. But still have some issues with it:

- Suicide Bombers spawn, but never attack me

- i can't get it to spawn some ieds

- some issues with ambiant civ. modul and ambiant suicide bombers i guess...

hi reezo looks like a good mod but i can't get it to work:

I have done exactly as you have said in you're videos and the script is exactly the same as you stated in this thread a few pages ago, but no IED's spawn. I am using IED area like this:

this setVariable ["reezo_eod_range",[0,5]];

this setVariable ["reezo_eod_probability",1];

this setVariable ["reezo_eod_interval",1];

But yet nothing spawns? I have set my character to spawn about 10m away, and i am running ambient civvies too. Would this be the problem?

Also is there some kind of script you have to put in the mission file to make it work? The loudspeaker works a treat i just can't get any ied's to spawn!

Only way I can IED's to spawn is while on foot. If I go in a humvee down the exact route I found one on foot with a probability of 100. There just aren't any IED's that spawn while I'm driving. Whats the deal ?

Has anyone else run into multiplayer issues with this mod running? IED and loudspeakers seem to stop working after respawn of the synced team leader..

Does anybody know how to exactly set up the suicide bomber area/ambient module? I just cant get it to work. The bomber will spawn but never move, attack or blow up himself. I used this paramters:

this setVariable ["reezo_eod_probability",1];this setVariable ["reezo_eod,interval",1]; this setVariable ["reezo_eod_range",[0,10]];

to spawn the bomber where I want him. I placed ambient civis and me as a hmmwv patrol. I drive by, civilians are walking by but the bomber never moves. Any ideas?

Hello Rezzo, I have a few question? First Great mod! Now is it possible to add a cellphone in to the inventory of spawning trigger man trigger man (I want to use it as prove that he is up to no good!) and can make spawning trigger man give our Intel? (like position of IED factory)???????? Thank you my friend!

Edited by Odyseus

Nother issue i notice is that if the trigger man has a weapon i cant find it if i search him and if i remove his weapon he keeps spawning new ones! Is there a fix?

This mod seems to have broken since a recent update.. nothing seems to work correctly...

Yeah, same Problem here... Doesn`t get it work... We have big issues in Multiplayer with this mod..

After more testing this is what I can report..

The IED spawning seems to work fine. Rendomly size'd and type IED's spawn (duds, to radio trigger'd)

The Suidice Bombers do not commit suicide bombings.. The units spawn in (depending on which module you use), however, they have nothing in their invintory.. I can approach them and they do nothing. They do say hello and what not...

When I check their inventory they do not have any explosives.. or weapons of any type.. It would seem something has broken in the suicide bombers scripting..

If I disable a radio triggered IED before finding the trigger man .. the trigger man will surrender (at least that has happened like 15 times in my testing)... So far only one trigger man has pulled a makarov on me.. (1 out of over 25-30+ tests).. So it seems that works fine

The thorIII backpack works as it is described..

It would seem that the real issue is something between spawning the Suicide bomber and equipping and enabling his scripting....

DONT USE AN INTERVAL OF ONE SECOND.. that causes issues and LAG.. every second the framework is checking and executing script, and will start to get glitchy...

Not sure if you are aware, but the DL link on this topic is very sketchy. Maybe it was me being overly dramatic, but it was asking to install some unknown software that didnt appear to be, or have to do with, the EOD mod. So I went to the ArmAholic page instead... just a note to you. Otherwise, AMAZING freaking mod!

ArmAholic page: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15127

I have respawning vehicles on my mission, when they redpawn they don't have the loudspeaker. Is there something I need to add to the init?

The EOD things are not showing up in my modules list. I have ACE enabled and the EOD enabled but it is still not showing up