Sign in to follow this  
-=seany=-

Add FXAA support to OA and Arma3- Many AA bugs fixed

Where should I install or put this file?

Thanks!

Put the Files and the Folder in your ArmA root directory.

When you play with Beta...put the d3d9.dll in the Expansion/beta directory.

You can activate this with your pause key.

@Berliner19

What did you change to get another color effect (more dark/blue) ?

I would like to try my own version too !

With the last beta patch for OA we get support for FXAA :bounce3: source

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead

setting not available in UI. Default is Disabled ( FXAA=0). enables Anti-Aliasing technique via post processing

0 - Disabled

1 - FXAA_QUALITY_PRESET_10

2 - FXAA_QUALITY_PRESET_11

3 - FXAA_QUALITY_PRESET_12

4 - FXAA_QUALITY_PRESET_13

5 - FXAA_QUALITY_PRESET_14

6 - FXAA_QUALITY_PRESET_15

7 - FXAA_QUALITY_PRESET_20

8 - FXAA_QUALITY_PRESET_21

9 - FXAA_QUALITY_PRESET_22

10 - FXAA_QUALITY_PRESET_23

11 - FXAA_QUALITY_PRESET_24

12 - FXAA_QUALITY_PRESET_25

13 - FXAA_QUALITY_PRESET_26

14 - FXAA_QUALITY_PRESET_27

15 - FXAA_QUALITY_PRESET_28

16 - FXAA_QUALITY_PRESET_29

17 - FXAA_QUALITY_PRESET_39

Complexity of quality settings are based on default FXAA settings (revision 3.11)

Wow, thanks for the info! Was not aware of this. :)

@Berliner19

What did you change to get another color effect (more dark/blue) ?

I would like to try my own version too !

Sorry for the delay. Work is killing me (German Army is quite annoying sometimes^^)

I think it was in "Tonemap" the "#define BlueShift" value. Just check the Tonemap and play something with it.

not yet ... ya need wait

not yet ... ya need wait

Was about to post. Doesn't work yet in 86705. :)

not yet ... ya need wait

thx for info. Can we expect AToC and FXAA settings available in UI in the 1.60 patch?

thx for info. Can we expect AToC and FXAA settings available in UI in the 1.60 patch?

negative, unless You want be responsible for 1.60 after new year :D

negative, unless You want be responsible for 1.60 after new year :D

...and after that 99,9% members of this forum would like to see me:hang:

...and after that 99,9% members of this forum would like to see me:hang:

Ha ha :D . GUI is just cosmetic anyway. At least we will have it in some form :)

I do wonder what all those options will do.

Edited by -=seany=-

Ha ha :D . GUI is just cosmetic anyway. At least we will have it in some form :)

I do wonder what all those options will do.

For most non-advanced users that are NOT reading these forums for one reason or another, it isn't. If you ask me, things like AtoC and FXAA should be config based in the beta patches, but ONLY UI based for the so called final and official patched like 1.60 will be...

If i would have a dime for every single troubleshoot thread i have seen about low performance or weird behaviour related to AtoC (which again, should be disabled by default, and not AtoC=7 like it is now), i would live worry free on an island of my own bought from the insolvent Greece government...

well i think with the AToC the mistake was force it enabled (tho that's speculative cause w/o enabling it most of users would not see the nicer visuals) ...

the issue with AToC is that nearly each major generation of GPU each vendor and each 'set' of drivers handle it differently (be it performance or visuals)

well i think with the AToC the mistake was force it enabled (tho that's speculative cause w/o enabling it most of users would not see the nicer visuals) ...

the issue with AToC is that nearly each major generation of GPU each vendor and each 'set' of drivers handle it differently (be it performance or visuals)

No matter of cause, things that could deter the performance or have a high chance of not working as they should, should be left disabled by default. And i don't find it speculative at all: the user wanting to check its features and "nicer visuals" could have set it up manually (like most do anyway, i don't think there are a lot of ppl playing with ATOC set to the default 7 anyhow, no matter of the rig they have - one reason as you said it yourself would be how GFX drivers handles it differently based on GPU generation or drivers owned).

I for one think that having Atoc set to 0 by default (and same for FXAA) in 1.60 would be a wise step to take, especially since both you and me don't foresee this sort of settings making an UI appearance anytime soon ( i am certain that patch 1.61 or whatever next iteration will be will take at least 6 months if not 1 year to be released, and there is no warranty of having those settings UI based will ever have a place on the "things to do" on your priority list)...the average user will NOT open the .cfg file to set it up as he wants (or trial and error).

Edited by PuFu