Sign in to follow this  
-=seany=-

Add FXAA support to OA and Arma3- Many AA bugs fixed

I had a clan mate who was running these, and I didn't realize it. He updated his drivers today, and was complaining about the same LOD issues I was experiencing. And it was at that point that I realized that there was perhaps an old AMD driver that worked with this FXAA mod.

So if anyone has an AMD card and is successfully running this, please let me know which catalyst driver version you're running!!!

I had a clan mate who was running these, and I didn't realize it. He updated his drivers today, and was complaining about the same LOD issues I was experiencing. And it was at that point that I realized that there was perhaps an old AMD driver that worked with this FXAA mod.

So if anyone has an AMD card and is successfully running this, please let me know which catalyst driver version you're running!!!

I always had LOD issues ultil i set Objects Detail do Very High in game, the constant changing objects, trees and houses went away. ATM using latest Catalyst 11.8.

I found the over all image better with v.22b but the text fuzzyness was too much.

I always had LOD issues ultil i set Objects Detail do Very High in game, the constant changing objects, trees and houses went away. ATM using latest Catalyst 11.8.

Everything is set to very high, aside from PP.

I am using ATI HD4850 gfx card with latest catalyst, did not encounter the flickering issue you mentioned yet after playing for a few hours. Apart from the blurry text and overblown HDR/bloom effect , everything else seems ok.

I find it hard to tell if i should compare the FXAA screenshots with AA normal or high (anti aliasing quality).

1. nothing

2. FXAA + sharpening

3. AA (normal)

4. AA (high)

arma2oa2011082804051776.th.png | arma2oa2011082804052134.th.png | arma2oa2011082804053460.th.png | arma2oa2011082804080731.th.png

arma2oa2011082805160658.th.png | arma2oa2011082805160931.th.png | arma2oa2011082805161810.th.png | arma2oa2011082805162675.th.png

There are spots were FXAA does look worse then regular AA and vice versa. It also depends on the FXAA settings and if used with or without pre and post sharpening.

I noticed if you add sharpening you can increase the FXAA quality. Without the sharpening some texture may become blurry cause the FXAA does not see a difference between geometry and textures (for FXAA its just a image it does work with, post processing effect).

My settings are:

#define USE_ANTI_ALIASING

#define USE_PRE_SHARPEN

#define USE_POST_SHARPEN

float fxaaQualitySubpix = 8;

float fxaaQualityEdgeThreshold = 2;

float fxaaQualityEdgeThresholdMin = 2;

float Sharpen = 0.02; (used in screenshots above)

or

float Sharpen = 0.03;

i really like the sharpening feature, the other settings... i dunno, looks better with AA

I like to run with no AA now. Does anyone have a fix for the white outline around helicopter rotors?

I am using ATI HD4850 gfx card with latest catalyst, did not encounter the flickering issue you mentioned yet after playing for a few hours. Apart from the blurry text and overblown HDR/bloom effect , everything else seems ok.

So far, the only real difference I can tell between our configs is that you're using 11.7 opposed to 11.8, and that you need to OC your processor. :P

The hunt goes on.

I LOVE this... FXAA and MLAA are the future of anti aliasing. With all the shaders etc. not being subject of AA and tesselation creating THOUSANDS of small little polygon edges which need to be multisampled... Oh well, MLAA and FXAA in this case just works simpler. Awesome.

Hi !

I just downloaded A2FXAA V0.22b.

I use a ATI 4780 with an pretty old driver (10.3) and dont want to update because my good old games run fine with it...i just cant risk it to update. ;)

Anyway, will i be able to use FXAA in ArmA2 ?

ATI support is really sketchy. Only way to find out is to try it. Sometimes it'll work, sometimes it won't. If it doesn't, just go in and delete the .dll file that you added, and it'll be gone.

Looks like it works for me.

Looks much better then without AA but with zero FPS drop. Great !

Although a bit blury maybe...

Will this work with every DirectX game ?

Edited by Wiggum

Looks like it works for me.

Looks much better then without AA but with zero FPS drop. Great !

Although a bit blury maybe...

Will this work with every DirectX game ?

HI, my A2FXAA Files works only on DX9 Games ! As ARMA2 is a DX9 Game :cool:

DX10 and DX11 Source Files are available from Some_dude

DX10 and DX11 Source Files are available from Some_dude

Thanks.

Could you please provide a link to Some_dude's stuff ?

Uffff niiiiiiceeee.. Now fraps does not drop my fps when recording in full screen. Only 2-3 fps lost when before the tweak I got a 10fps drop :D

Uffff niiiiiiceeee.. Now fraps does not drop my fps when recording in full screen. Only 2-3 fps lost when before the tweak I got a 10fps drop :D

What? Really?

Impressive!