Sign in to follow this  
bussinrounds

Raven Shield question

I will never get over how they ruined my lovely GR :(

mmm they were able to ruin GR too? didnt know that. seems like everything they touch become shit.

I always tell ppl that once UBI started making the games, instead of Red Storm Entertainment, the series went down the tubes.

that's the truth sir, pure and simple.

RS was my first fps and he was great. they fucked up the rainbow saga.

pretty much like CM tryed to do with the ofp brand, but with different result.

I loooove me some rouge spear and black thorn

Didn't care for raven shield at all

The Ghost Recons turned to utter sheeeeit. I mean seriously, they ha a great thing going. 1. Counter Terrorism and CQC 2. Special Forces Open Warfare with vehicles and cities.

Why they fucked with that combo I'll never know.

But I must say Rainbow Six Vegas 2 was brilliant

Didn't care for raven shield at all
this
I mean seriously, they ha a great thing going. 1. Counter Terrorism and CQC 2. Special Forces Open Warfare with vehicles and cities.
this
Why they fucked with that combo I'll never know.
this
But I must say Rainbow Six Vegas 2 was brilliant
and this

doesn't go together man

and no, R6 Vegas 2 wasn't great and it wasn't even a true Rainbow Six, unlike Raven Shield, which was fantastic and true to the series.

And FYI guys, the rest of the old, real Red Storm Entertainment, the guys who made these games (R6, GR) great are now known as Black Foot Studios with project "Ground Branch". Google it up, support them.

this

this

this

and this

doesn't go together man

and no, R6 Vegas 2 wasn't great and it wasn't even a true Rainbow Six, unlike Raven Shield, which was fantastic and true to the series.

And FYI guys, the rest of the old, real Red Storm Entertainment, the guys who made these games (R6, GR) great are now known as Black Foot Studios with project "Ground Branch". Google it up, support them.

what are you on about? Quoting me made no sense. I stated I didn't like Raven Shield. I stated like I liked R6's and GR and that combo of games shouldn't have been messed with. I also stated that I personally enjoyed Vegas 2.

They were never suppose to "go together" hence the separate paragraphs...

and I never had any illusions of Vegas 2 being like the old R6's. Doesn't make the game any less fun playing with a buddy.

I will check out Ground Branch, I've been dieing for a new R6.

NORG all the way mate! :)

Idk, in my eyes, Raven Shield kicks the crap out of any of those R6 Vegas games. That whole going into 3rd person view, when in cover mode, totally kills it for me.

Your hiding behind a wall or whatever, but still able to see everything out there ? Gimmie a break ! If they wanted a cover mode, they should of just done it like Red Orchestra 2 is doing it. No 3rd person nonsense.

Well for anyone who as ever read the R6 book or understand how counter-terror units are supposed to operate, Vegas (and its unjustified sequel) throws everything that was R6 out the window. I don't care whether the gameplay is good or not, it does not deserve the title of R6; no more than DR deserves the title of OFP.

Until the plannining phase is brought back and the abnoxious cover-system removed, none of them will ever pass as a proper R6 game in my eyes.

The R6 book was awesome. Really one of Clancys very best books

Well for anyone who as ever read the R6 book or understand how counter-terror units are supposed to operate, Vegas (and its unjustified sequel) throws everything that was R6 out the window. I don't care whether the gameplay is good or not, it does not deserve the title of R6; no more than DR deserves the title of OFP.

Until the plannining phase is brought back and the abnoxious cover-system removed, none of them will ever pass as a proper R6 game in my eyes.

^this^

Vegas release, is when I stopped playing the series.

^this

me too. It just wasn't a real R6 anymore

Vegas (1 and 2) and Letdown were truly awful. Run and gun stupidity with yet another unrealistic and implausible story.

I have no doubt that the upcoming R6 will do nothing to 'return to it's roots' apart from mentioning that it will be 'returning to it's roots' right up until release day.

Ubisoft are not interested in any depth, like every other major publisher it's all about false advertising, box sales and endless DLC.

I've been playing R6's since original release on PS1.

Vegas certainly isn't "tactical"

But it was still fun as a game. I also loved the customization (which ground branch is also doing)

But I used to love setting up my team members and creating plans. I used to pride myself on not having any team members die throughout a campaign.

I've been playing R6's since original release on PS1.

Vegas certainly isn't "tactical"

But it was still fun as a game. I also loved the customization (which ground branch is also doing)

But I used to love setting up my team members and creating plans. I used to pride myself on not having any team members die throughout a campaign.

Good man, I too am averse to losing anyone.

@Tonci - have you read the Tom Clancy "sequel" to Rainbow Six? Was released in 07, not a bad read either.

Dead or Alive is its name. I use the term sequel loosely because it focuses on Jack Ryan as well as Clark.

Yeah I have read Dead or alive, but I think it is a sequel to claws of the Tiger (I think it is called like that in english)

More maps with varied enviro,planning and good AI for terrorists and team,but noooooooo they had to give us that junk Vegas(Letdown was even worse).

How the fuck a zillion terrorists could escape notice and infiltrate Vegas,hmm maybe they were disguised as tourists playing blackjack and slot machines.Not only that but apparently they still had a million or two of terrorists for Vegas 2.

The R6 book was awesome. Really one of Clancys very best books

quoted for truth.

I have a questions for those who know:

Why Iron Wrath wasn't finished and ended up as a fileplanet subscriber bonus?

I guess it took too long to make and sales / MP players numbers were already going low for R6 mission disks so they thought might as well give it away for the fans.

IronWrath has some very big terrorist hunt levels, a lot to explore and sometimes you cant cover all arcs when navigating the places. Makes it really intense to clear. :)

NORG all the way mate! :)

Well we are in NORG land already, but it wont hurt if there is more NORG anyway isn't it?;)

The only thing that I would complain about RvS is the pixel aiming that force me to stop playing it, all the rainbow six game till RvS have this problem, yet it somehow get more noticeable with the update gfx of RvS.

P.S. Letdown ~ Vegas are just console ports, which will never work right on a PC.

Edited by 4 IN 1

Does anyone even play RVS anymore? I couldn't find any populated servers the other day.

Yeah I give it a go now and again, but haven't seen any servers lately, normally use tungle and play through that however. :)

SWAT still keeps a server running that usually stays full on Tues & Thurs nites here in the US.

I personally do not admin it any longer as of last summer. PB stopped supporting it, so I gave it up.

IW?

IIRC, it was quickly released early, for free (since not completed) because BF's DLC's were coming out for their 1st time.. back then.

Well we are in NORG land already, but it wont hurt if there is more NORG anyway isn't it?;)

NORG didn't hurt anyone yet, as far as I know. :D

More NORG, I say! (in Arma too)

Odd thing:

Yesterday I installed RVS gold at my brother's, Iron wrath cd-key seems to be invalid. The same for my friend that bought RVS gold just yesterday.

Does anybody else have this problem?