Sign in to follow this  
NoRailgunner

[Resolved] Flashing rendering artifact

What HW is needed to see the artifact?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What HW is needed to see the artifact?

• I have nVidia and I can see the artifact
    • I have ATI/AMD and I can see the artifact
    • I have nVidia and I have never seen the artifact
    • I have ATI/AMD and I have never seen the artifact

Still getting those weird one/two-second flashing artifacts... or it just a video-memory buffer issue with latest beta builds or just something wrong with helmet/headgear? Stable + Beta 79600 build don't show such artifacting/flickering/flashing. :confused:

Edited by Dwarden

Still getting those weird one/two-second flashing artifacts... or it just a video-memory buffer issue with latest beta builds or just something wrong with helmet/headgear? Stable + Beta 79600 build don't show such artifacting/flickering/flashing. :confused:

Ya, got 'em too - disappear with 79600. PITA, but hardly game breaking.

Ya, got 'em too - disappear with 79600. PITA, but hardly game breaking.

I don't think I've seen any of those recently, though I haven't really been playing much.

Do you guys have any idea what kind of situations they pop up in, or is it completely random for you?

I don't think I've seen any of those recently, though I haven't really been playing much.

Do you guys have any idea what kind of situations they pop up in, or is it completely random for you?

Mostly random in our MP coop games , like in Tforce or some other coop missions

They look like your own soldier model rendering bugs. As if polygons of your head extend covering the upper part of the view.

They look like your own soldier model rendering bugs. As if polygons of your head extend covering the upper part of the view.

its happens not really often, but i also see it sometimes. its like the neck getting a blink of a sec in your view. its randomlike. eventually the eyeposition is in some point too low ?

can´t reproduce , happens to randomly.

Ye, sadly still there, albeit less frequent for me since reinstalling beta-, config- and also profilefiles.

I would like to ask which is the earliest build in which those of you who did not see this artifact with 1.59 can reproduce it?

I can reproduce it, but only very rarely, and not when running debugging tools, therefore if the community is able to help me pinpointing when the problem appeared, it would help me a lot identifying the underlying cause.

I´m pretty sure it first appeared in build 81921.

No, it has nothing to do with that issue.

You simply see, well artifacts is maybe wrong, the camera is somewhere else for a short time. Instead of it beeing right in front of your eyes it looks like it is in your head or behind it. Doesn't happen always.

All betas after 79600 are a step back instead of going forward, sadly.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

79600 is completely artifact clean.

The next beta started having it.

82407 was the last beta where artifacts were at least somewhat bearable (e.g. appeared only 1-2 times when the game was launched - but not anymore afterwards)

Now they are constant and annoying. They get worse when FRAPS is recording.

We have two statements here:

I´m pretty sure it first appeared in build 81921.

The 1-st says the first with artifact is 81921, the last without it 81867.

The 2-nd says the first with artifact is 80955,the last without it 79600.

Anyone else can report which is the earliest build you can reproduce the artifact with?

Idk, the first betas after 79600 had serious problems like constant crashes because of memory leak (highly experimental etc. :p) but this bizarre artifact bug appeared later imo.

ps went through all the posts again, first mention of flickering/ artifacts is in 81921, too. (might be related to that 'interpolating visuals' thingy)

Edited by @ST

For me it was in build 81921 , when i saw it first time

Same here.

Some people made the assumption it is related to looking at head models/infantry.

As I had the issues only very few times I cannot judge this.

Some people made the assumption it is related to looking at head models/infantry.

I don´t believe it has something to do with head models because it happens in 3rd person view/ when driving vehicles, too.

I think we can confidently say 81921 is faulty. Could some of you try build 81867 to check if you see the issue there or not? Knowing if that build is "good" or not would save me a lot of work, as I would know what areas of code should I concentrate on when inspecting the problem sours.

I don´t believe it has something to do with head models because it happens in 3rd person view/ when driving vehicles, too.

Yep, happens in 3rd person and in "tactical" view also.

No, it doesn't have anything to do with head models. I captured a video of the bug, the polygons are (in that case) from one of the rusted truck or APC wreckages.

If someone at BIS needs the video, I can provide the footage. I have a mission that I made with the "B01: Combat" template that I used to capture this video, right at the beginning when my chopper had touched down.

While knowing what types of objects do it is also interesting (I have a screenshot which seems to show a tank to be a likely cause), the most important is to know which build is the first one to show the issue. I understand testing several betas takes long, as the repro is not quick, but if someone can do it, it will help me greatly.

I've tried 81867 during my coffee break (good thing about being self-employed is that you are always near your own machine ;)) and I haven't seen any artifacts in about 45 minutes of playing. It seems to me that this version is bug-free, I'll try 81921 tonight and see if I get the artifacts there, but I think it is safe to assume that 81921 is the build that introduced them.

Played with 81867 for quite some time and didn´t notice any artifacts;

I think it can be confirmed that 81867 is the last good and 81921 the first faulty one.