Sign in to follow this  
OrdeaL

ArmA 2 OA Beta Build 82604

Look in Windows Event Viewer for description of NVIDIA driver error after these CTDs.

All it says is:

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Not a whole lot of information there. Also I've never had the driver crash with any other game, and I've played dozens on this setup, so I'm sort of inclined towards A2/OA as the cause rather than the driver...

This beta works again worse than 82489 (with malloc 3). First great performance feels leaking more again with noticeable stuttering and the game have crashed already twice in few hours (I sent files).

Edited by SaOk

All it says is:

Not a whole lot of information there. Also I've never had the driver crash with any other game, and I've played dozens on this setup, so I'm sort of inclined towards A2/OA as the cause rather than the driver...

Yes, all that shows you is that it was a TDR/NVIDIA driver error - better than no knowledge at all of the CTD. I also never get them with any other game but A2/CO, but, as I wrote above, they are very infrequent now using last 2 betas and 275.33 driver. Having AToC set to non-zero used to cause them for me, but apparently no longer. Fingers crossed.

Has any 1 noticed that the models are not loading the lods for close up lod i mean normally you get the higher lod when close to an object but since the last beta i now have a screen that looks like vaseline has been put over the monitor its totaly un playable like that

if i turn of the beta its fine again but then i get the ctd out of memory so any 1 getting this as well

Delete your arma2.cfg (and arma2oa.cfg) files, then run the beta again. Then set up your video how you like it.

That should fix it.

I remove these files every beta and real patch and it makes a difference.

Delete your arma2.cfg (and arma2oa.cfg) files, then run the beta again. Then set up your video how you like it.

That should fix it.

I remove these files every beta and real patch and it makes a difference.

I can´t say how much to emphasize this:

I had to delete my old beta folder and my configfiles and profile also

but after setting the game up new it´s running real smooth and imagequality is better than ever before (idk about absolute fps, though, just judging by the feel :D).

but after setting the game up new it´s running real smooth and imagequality is better than ever before (idk about absolute fps, though, just judging by the feel :D).

100% agree.

Experienced the same.

This is a little disturbing. Is deleting these files really necessary and recommended? Doesn't A2 automatically update these files as necessary, and doesn't the profile contain vital info like which missions you have completed? I've never deleted these files for over 6 months, and the game (and the betas) run smoothly.

Put another way, how easily can one's cfg file and profile get corrupted to the degree that they can hamper proper functionality of the game?

Edited by OMAC

This is a little disturbing. Is deleting these files really necessary and recommended? Doesn't A2 automatically update these files as necessary, and doesn't the profile contain vital info like which missions you have completed? I've never deleted these files for over 6 months, and the game (and the betas) run smoothly.

Put another way, how easily can one's cfg file and profile get corrupted to the degree that they can hamper proper functionality of the game?

There are separate graphics and player profile cfgs.

There are separate graphics and player profile cfgs.

"I had to delete my old beta folder and my configfiles and profile also "

There are the ArmA2OA.cfg (graphics) and the user.ArmA2OAProfile files. Are they talking about different files that they have deleted? What/where is the "player profile cfg" that you mentioned?

There are the ArmA2OA.cfg (graphics) and the user.ArmA2OAProfile files./

Yep, those are the files I was talking about (plus the beta folder).

Maybe it´s sufficient to only delete your config file; I deleted all three to be on the safe side and start from scratch...

concerning missions: the checkbox behind your completed missions is unticked again but I doubt that´s vital info :p

Edited by @ST

Got strange error message today. ARMA2 CO, no custom addons.

bugnn.th.jpg

Also... Seems that "[82484] Improved: AI helicopter attempt to land when hit during an attach run." have no effect. I just now saw how helicopter cancel landing, when he was under fire.

Edited by DAP

I do experience more stuttering in this beta, havent experience before this, and also the 1 sec artifact.

concerning missions: the checkbox behind your completed missions is unticked again but I doubt that´s vital info :p

It's vital for me - shows all the work I've done!

It's vital for me - shows all the work I've done!
Interesting use of the word 'work' :D

If you copy over the activeKeys[] section from your old ArmA2OAProfile to the newly created one, you'll have your missions unlocked again.

Sometimes I notice that fences near foliage clumps have a "strip" flash in chernarus ... IE where the fence is obscured the length of it can flash over and out quickly esp where foliage clumps are.

Also semi overcast for me seems to create a head turn flashing of sky texture on different occasions this has been through betas and last patch though / GTX260 nvida / vid mem normal textures normal OA 1.59 / betas A2 1.10.

Interesting use of the word 'work' :D

If you copy over the activeKeys[] section from your old ArmA2OAProfile to the newly created one, you'll have your missions unlocked again.

Thanks - that may come in handy. But I'm wondering if deleting the profile is really necessary to ensure proper game function in terms of graphics, etc. I don't think it is.

A2 campaign, especially Dogs of War and Badlands, plus the dreaded Freedom Fighters, are definitely WORK, at least on higher difficulty settings. :D

@mrcash2009: Can confirm the overcast thing. Was starting to think there was something wrong on my end (mission wise).

But I'm wondering if deleting the profile is really necessary to ensure proper game function in terms of graphics, etc. I don't think it is.

Fully agree with you,

it´s more kinda last resort if everything else fails...;)

I've always just deleted the ArmA2/ArmA2OA.cfg and the beta folder...never had any issues. Deleting your profile every time would be a pain in the ass if you have custom key bindings.

ArmA2/ArmA2OA.cfg
Yes this is all you need for a graphics value / memory adjustment "config refresh" per beta / patch, everything else is only in game values for controls, last visited servers/profile info binding and those things, no need to wipe that at all. All mem handling and screen res values are in ArmA2OA.cfg, so thats the one to have re-made and re edited each time.

I remember having redraw distance issues with beta and patches and tried removing the ArmA2OA.cfg and it worked a treat after re setting, also the values for mem handling I notice changed each beta and patch when it got re-created so its worthy to remove and have re create once a new beta is added or patch for sure.

Edited by mrcash2009

Performance - is good. But let's don't forget about this:

gPbvPLJR6T4

ARMA 2 CO 1.59 - beta build 82604. No custom addons.

Situation:

Generated town and vehicle with "Seek and Destroy" waypoint.

Edited by DAP

All mem handling and screen res values are in ArmA2OA.cfg

Well, that´s not entirely correct, there are several graphical settings (ie texture quality, shading quality, scene complexity, terrain grid and so on...) in profile folder also.

Performance - is good. But let's don't forget about this:

gPbvPLJR6T4

ARMA 2 CO 1.59 - beta build 82604. No custom addons.

Situation:

Generated town and vehicle with "Seek and Destroy" waypoint.

Cripes! Not good.