Sign in to follow this  
bestrangerdx

Most strangest, funny or wierdest things that has happened to you in arma 2

I was playing insurgency in multiplayer. My squad and several other squads decided to invade the refinery near the oil fields. We had 2 HMMV's for backup.

I was standing next to the HMMV engaging an enemy soldier when all of a sudden, I heard an RPG shot. I looked to my right and it was heading straight towards me. The AI RPG soldier had fired one at the HMMV, which was right behind me.

It scared the shit out of me and ended up dying. All I could think was "Ohhhhh shiiit!!!" when I seen it coming, I had no time to react.

Activated ambient civilians module, watched a woman come out of a house, repeating "Auto, auto, auto, auto, auto..."

We were playing a coop mission "Battle: Duala" (not public) where we had to take the town and destroy all alien forces inside... we took a nice hillside positions and started sniping and shelling the enemy positions from AT jeep. We didn't secure the flanks as we were down to few men... me supervising this great offensive I turned back for a moment... and there were like 6-7 aliens unarmed watching the whole show just couple meters behind us :)

Gotta love that AI FSM that disabled agressive zombie behaviour, ... we started yelling and dispatched all of them in few seconds, then laughed out asses off ;)

I was playing the Chernarus Apocalypse co-op mission online with some people on a server, when a zombie dressed in a ghillie suit jumped out of a lake and started running towards our hunting party. We all dispatched it quickly.

Edited by Laqueesha

What the hell are you guys talking about? We "dispatched" them? Is this some new ArmA slang I'm not aware of?

Last week on a Chernarus domination public: a group of players clears a town from enemies when an enemy chopper comes in to drop reinforcements. I was a bit more outside and "luckily" i had a stinger with me and fired at it. The chopper was starting to burn and went down in a long 180 turn finally crashing into a house.

Sadly a group of 6-8 friendlies were just gathering behind that house to care for wounded and reorganize.

They were good and brave men, but at the wrong time at the wrong place. No one survived.

Hahaha, im still so sorry for that.

last night funnily enough, had a squad of about 20 of us halo'ing from c130, but when we jumped out, all 20 of us were just standing in an upright position facing each other plummeting to the ground!

I've never in my life heard someone say "I dispatched him!" Is it a European thing or something?

It's an English thing.

last night funnily enough, had a squad of about 20 of us halo'ing from c130, but when we jumped out, all 20 of us were just standing in an upright position facing each other plummeting to the ground!

I can picture that in my head. :D

It's an English thing.

So... "English" as in British-English? I live in the United States. I can't help that I wasn't taught the "correct" way to speak.

"English" as in British English? I live in the United States.

English as in the English language.

English as in the English language.

Well, where are you from? Because, like I said, I live in the States and have never heard anyone use that term in that way.

I've always thought of it as dispatch...like a radio dispatcher does...

You learn something new everyday!

Edited by Nicholas

I live in the States and have never heard anyone use that term in that way.

Depends on where you live in the U.S.A. The U.S.A. is a very large country with multiple accents and dialects.

I've always thought of it as dispatch. like a radio dispatcher does.

Words in the English language usually have more than one assigned meaning. Same can easily be said for other languages.

You learn something new everyday!

You most certainly do.

Activated ambient civilians module, watched a woman come out of a house, repeating "Auto, auto, auto, auto, auto."

I've had a similar experience, only in my case, a man comes out of a house saying: "Muschina, muschina, muschina, muschina, muschina", which is the Russian word for man.

I was playing my own Takistan version of Cipher (non-public) in co-op one day. Got out of the car, waiting for the team to assemble, when two Takistani civilians zoomed by on a motorcycle. The weird part - it was driving on its hind wheel only.

I was so baffled I even forgot to make a screenshot. It looked hilarious :)

1 in a million, where i jumped out with my chute open to then land on a mine at our ambush point and got blown to smithereens :o

Everytime I break the Geneva Convention and hit a person with an AT launcher, or watch the AI do the same thing, it makes me giggle when said person goes flying 300m into the air.

That and flying BMPs.

What the hell are you guys talking about? We "dispatched" them? Is this some new ArmA slang I'm not aware of?

Look it up in the dictionary. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dispatch - under #2

I guess I need to stop reading all those british soldier books ;)

To stay on topic, another funny moment:

My team played a mission War on Duala and we were on a mission - to disarm a reported IED in Kirabo. We eventually pinpointed the bomb and took safety precautions. And send a friend with "Engineer" class in to deal with the bomb. Unlucky, he wasn't an engineer (bug in mission in selection screen names):

ieddisarmmission.jpg

We laughed so hard when message "Mission complete" came up.

Edited by IceBreakr

The video of the bloke killing himself with the M47 Dragon is hilarious

Fudging an IED script so a fireteam walk into a building and an explosion the size of three LGBs goes off, flattening half the town

Seeing an enemy soldier fire an RPG at my Jackal far enough away that I can radio it in, get out the vehicle and take maybe three or four steps before it hits