Sign in to follow this  
neilbrady

Get rid of 'tab and shoot' and get bipods in!!!

Arma is supposed to be a military simulator but some of the stuff in Arma is so ridiculous and arcadey that its not in my book a simulator.

First of all, get rid of that tab and shoot shit, its unrealistic and annoying, why not use something a bit more realistic like mando missile mod.

Second, where is the bipods? this is a military simulation game and you can shoot a m249 from the hip? OK but even when I lie down, the mg's are still inaccurate and the insane recoil is still there. Even Red Orchestra 2 has bi pods, you can even deploy your mg on sandbags and crouch while reloading.

Come on Bohemia some of the shit in Arma 2 is ridiculous, like when a jeep has one tire shot off and it starts spinning round in circles, like what the fuck?

Please don't have the same stupid unrealistic shit in the new one.

By the way I love both Arma and red orchestra and I know that the bipod thing was brought up somewhere else but it needs to be seen.

Oh and anybody that doesn't agree with one of the things I say please give a valid reason why or I will assume you are a Bohemia fanboy :raisebrow:

Constructive criticism is good.

Well, this thread's going to go well...

If I were a cynic I'd say that's the whole purpose of it...

Some good points there though. If only the attitude wasn't so fucking atrocious.

Must... not... feed...

Oh my, whatever. There's still Red Orchestra for those who think ArmA isn't realistic enough to suit their fancy, you know?

Seriously, when can we have the whole "you must be registered for at least 6/12/18 months before being allowed to post" thing enabled?

Would surely reduce the amount of spammo' tard threads like this...

I don't think the OP needs to worry about the desperate unrealism of ArmA3:

Real Virtuality Engine (arma, arma 2) sucks, we need the outerra engine on the next arma, cause if they even think of releasing arma 3 on an this engine there is no hope that I am buying it.

Well, that's a relief. I wonder why he's still posting here thouh...

or I will assume you are a Bohemia fanboy :raisebrow:

Brrr... that's frightening :pet1:

I shall refrain from posting in such topics :icon_ohmygod:

First of all, get rid of that tab and shoot

Second, where is the bipods?

+1

5 char

get rid of that tab and shoot

Second, where is the bipods?.

+1

5 char

You have successfully reduced the OP to a much more readable and likable post :D

Edited by DMarkwick

@ OP

Seriously, I had fun reading your post. But I bursted out laughing when I read the last sentence. :D

Contradiction in a perfect way. :)

OP has some great points, too bad his mother dropped him on his head as a baby.

Personally I'm happy to leave ArmA3 default with tab targeting and no bipods, since I know ACE3 will fix it. Best of both worlds really.

ye, probably ye...but take a look at these point again:

First of all, get rid of that tab and shoot shit, its unrealistic and annoying, why not use something a bit more realistic like mando missile mod.

maybe they could find a good way in the middle of mando missile and the sistem currently in function; where is the fun to be the gunner of a chopper like cobra or apache? i mean you press TAB to lock the enemy and you shoot

with the left mouse botton...:(

OT: i like the news concerning arma 3 but idont like some things: they are giving some new toy to the kids like comanche( arguable choice to put it in the game...) but they dont want to spend some hour to find a more realistic way to use missiles.

Second, where is the bipods? this is a military simulation game and you can shoot a m249 from the hip? OK but even when I lie down, the mg's are still inaccurate and the insane recoil is still there. Even Red Orchestra 2 has bi pods, you can even deploy your mg on sandbags and crouch while reloading.

agree again. a bipods for the machine guns should be welcome. like in PR when you deploy the bipods the accuracy should be increased and the lateral movements of the soldiers decreased. i guess is not so difficult to implements such solutions in the game.

Come on Bohemia some of the shit in Arma 2 is ridiculous, like when a jeep has one tire shot off and it starts spinning round in circles, like what the fuck?

By the way I love both Arma and red orchestra and I know that the bipod thing was brought up somewhere else but it needs to be seen.

Oh and anybody that doesn't agree with one of the things I say please give a valid reason why or I will assume you are a Bohemia fanboy :raisebrow:

mmm ok probably you could say these things in a different way, but you made some valid point to me.

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

Arma is supposed to be a military simulator but some of the stuff in Arma is so ridiculous and arcadey that its not in my book a simulator.

Everything you said has been fixed by mods.

Also, the second time I saw "shit" in your rant, I lost respect.

4/10 for effort.

Everything you said has been fixed by mods.

dude...come on. isn't better to have these features from day 1 :)?

So you think the BIPOD in RO2 or in BF3 is more realistic? Go to try i44.

i44.

:confused::confused::confused:?

edit: oh ok saw it, but i don't get the point, if they have implemented the bipods in a wrong way(modders...) doesn't mean BIS can't do it in a correct way...

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

dude...come on. isn't better to have these features from day 1 :)?

Yes, yes it is :D.

But I'm just saying, mods have fixed these.

OP has some great points, too bad his mother dropped him on his head as a baby

Sorry, I know this is OT, so I'll get on with it: charlie-sheen-winning-tshirt.jpg

Now, on topic:

Tab 'n click is for players, who either just got the game, or don't want to see the trouble of laser designating stuff, and then seeing the missile go past the target by 1 meter. And to point this out: When I go prone in ArmA, allmost every machinegun has decent recoil. Muzzle climb is very low when prone.

It's not like I disagree with the changes he raises, I just completely lost respect due to the provocative way he wrote his post and I knew it would do nothing but incite anger. If someone made a thread on the same topic as this but opened with a mature post then I would have taken it more seriously.

"Reality" - ctrl+c - C:/Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Arma2 - ctrl + v :D

I agree a lot needs to happen but I think since arma 2 has an expension button in-game, with Arrowhead, that they will either expend the ease of addons for multiplayer or add more from the ground up..

I'm just hoping it for the ease of everything..:bounce3:

It's not like I disagree with the changes he raises, I just completely lost respect due to the provocative way he wrote his post and I knew it would do nothing but incite anger. If someone made a thread on the same topic as this but opened with a mature post then I would have taken it more seriously.

ye you are in true. but now we can just **** ** the thread or we can forgive

the provocation and we focus on the good points.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

poll for bipods? is it an original idea?

I agree with the bipod idea, although the recoil you get while prone never bothered me , btw adding the word shit won't make your idea more solid :) .