Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

Meatball0311 - WIP Thread

United States Marine Corps Special Operations Command (MARSOC)

is a component command of the US Special Operations Command (SOCOM) that comprises the Marine Corps' contribution to SOCOM. Its core capabilities are direct action, special reconnaissance and foreign internal defense. MARSOC has also been directed to conduct counter-terrorism, information operations, and unconventional warfare.

Its creation was announced on 1 November 2005 by US Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, following a meeting between him, the USSOCOM commander General Bryan D. Brown, and the Marine Corps Commandant General Michael Hagee on 28 October 2005. MARSOC was officially activated on 24 February 2006 with ceremonies at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.

The potential participation of the Marine Corps in SOCOM has been controversial since SOCOM was formed in 1986. At the time, Marine Corps leaders felt that their Force Reconnaissance units were best kept in the Marine Corps' MAGTF command structure, and that the detachment of an "elite" Marine Special Operations unit from the Marine Corps would be to the detriment of the Marine Corps as a whole. A re-evaluation following the 11 September attacks and the War on Terrorism, along with new policy established by Secretary Rumsfeld and then Commandant Gen. James L. Jones at The Pentagon, caused the Marine Corps to work towards integration with SOCOM. The establishment of MARSOC represented the most significant step towards that goal, and followed the establishment of MCSOCOM Detachment One (DET1), a small Marine Corps detachment formed as a pilot program to test Marine Corps integration into SOCOM. It was made up of mostly Force Recon Marines from 1st and 2nd Force Reconnaissance Companies along with other hand picked support men and served under Navy SEALs in Naval Special Warfare Group One. Detachment 1 conducted a multitude of special operations in Iraq alongside their Special Operations brothers of the sister services. SOCOM conducted a study of the unit's deployment, which clearly indicated success and strong performance. Detachment 1 was disbanded in 2006 soon after the creation of MARSOC.

The finalization of MARSOC's organization began in 2007, after it was realized that a MARSOC unit needed to be able to be part of a Joint Special Operations Task Force and that unit structure was unbalanced.

The first Marine Special Operations Individual Training Course began at Camp Lejeune on 6 October 2008.

MARSOC comprises roughly 2,500 Marines and sailors, and is currently commanded by Major General Paul E. Lefebvre. MARSOC's organization was finalized in 2007. The base unit of MARSOC is the fourteen-man Marine Special Operations Team (MSOT), which is commanded by a Captain (O-3). MARSOC is based at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina and is split into three subordinate commands:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to my thread! I have been working on several projects and feel that I am ready to release these to the public. I started working on these MARSOC units and think it is only appropriate to release this as my first project. I have several other things that are near completion that I will be finishing up soon. I am not the most skilled person at modeling, scripting, etc.. so there is a lot of learning that takes place making these projects. I just ask for patience and understanding that I am working the fastest I can on getting these out.

This is a WIP, so there are other things that will be added. At the moment I have modeled several units, which include:

MSOT Commander DMARPAT (0-3)

MSOT Radio Operator DMARPAT (E-5)

MSOT Corpsman DMARPAT (HM-2)

MSOT Team Leader DMARPAT (E-5)

MSOT Automatic Rifleman DMARPAT (E-4)

MSOT Rifleman DMARPAT (E-4)

MSOT Assistant Auto Rifleman DMARPAT (E-4)

MSOT Scout Sniper DMARPAT (E-4)

Marine Special Operations Team consists of 14 Marines.. so I have a few more units to add (6 more units). I will be working on these at the same time I am working on another project. So, what I would like to hope for is to get these units finished up and release them, then add the rest of the team.

I have one issue that I need to correct and would appreciate all the help I can get. The units arms twist and distort when holding there weapons.. anyone have a clue on how to fix that?

I will update as soon as I have new developments! Thanks...

Edited by Meatball0311

Can't really tell much from the screenshot, have any other shots? or even some from inside o2 that shows off the models and textures a bit more? The shadows make it hard to see anything.

I'm all for some MARSOC units so I'm looking forward to see how these actually look ;)

And I see what you mean about the arms, I am sure someone here can give you some input on a fix, I think I remember reading about that issue awhile ago on some other units.

Please check your pics regarding the 100kb limit, also the pic in your opening post.

Nice, but I think the helmet should be more brown. It looks tan'ish, while in RL it's more CB/FDE in color... And it needs da' velcroes!!! xD

@Meatball0311

check picture size (file size, not dimensions), some are still above 100kb, the one in the opening post even over 400kb.

Myke;1964045']@Meatball0311

check picture size (file size' date=' not dimensions), some are still above 100kb, the one in the opening post even over 400kb.[/quote']

Well, I believe the problem is I saved them as .png files. I will take more and use jpeg. Thanks for looking out!!

Until I do more.. you can look at them here:

http://s900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/Meatball0311/MAR_MSOT/

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

;1963967']Nice' date=' but I think the helmet should be more brown. It looks tan'ish, while in RL it's more CB/FDE in color... And it needs da' velcroes!!! xD[/quote']

I will do some tweaking.. I also must redo the normal map of the helmet. I will tone it down only a little...

Much better shots, could still use some higher res ones to check out the details of the textures.

Really digging the helm though, maybe do like Max255 said and tune down the tan just a bit.

Actually those are the exact pictures I used when I modeled this... :). I am wanting to add some optics and accessories to the helmet. You cant see it from the pics, but I do have Velcro on the helmet.. doesnt exactly look as the one in the picture. Will look into improving it.

Glad to see you're making MARSOC, it's a real bitch trying to make USMC SF missions on desert maps with regular Marines or Woodland Force Recon.

Glad to see you're making MARSOC, it's a real bitch trying to make USMC SF missions on desert maps with regular Marines or Woodland Force Recon.

Ooorah! I gotta have some high speed Devil Dogs!

you should talk to/ask Binkowski about using his marpat textures from the marines he just released. they are dead on and amazing. he's even got the combat shirts properly textured

you should talk to/ask Binkowski about using his marpat textures from the marines he just released. they are dead on and amazing. he's even got the combat shirts properly textured

Hmmmm.......

Very nice. But i m wondering, what is the name of this desert map ? thx

Very nice. But i m wondering, what is the name of this desert map ? thx

The map is in Beta testing.. a friend is having some people check it out before he releases it. Go here to follow:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=114215

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

*Added ICOM (Inter Squad Radio's)

*Added PVS-14

*FIXED FastHelmet color

buldozer2011-06-2810-18-09-60.jpg

buldozer2011-06-2810-18-24-30.jpg

arma2OA2011-06-2810-12-51-22.jpg

Back to work.....

UPDATE:

I completed the MSOT Team. It consists of:

* MSOT Commander and Radio Operator

* 3 Teams of four Marines(Assault, Support, Security)

* 1 Navy Corpsman

I want to add a weapons attachment. I am going to work on the PVS-14 (NVG) model a little more and maybe will add some more helmet accessories.

dtg9MTCAQnw

buldozer2011-07-0110-47-28-16.jpg

buldozer2011-07-0110-47-35-58.jpg

buldozer2011-07-0110-47-41-06.jpg

buldozer2011-07-0110-47-46-30.jpg

Edited by Meatball0311

UPDATE:

I totally remodeled, retextured, remapped the PVS-14. I am quite pleased with it and must say that it looks a whole lot better. What do you prior/active service members or anyone who has used them think about the scale of it? Any comments?

arma2OA2011-07-0119-12-43-45.jpg

buldozer2011-07-0121-31-52-34.jpg

buldozer2011-07-0121-31-34-74.jpg

buldozer2011-07-0121-31-21-62.jpg

buldozer2011-07-0121-30-50-65.jpg

buldozer2011-07-0121-30-43-71.jpg

They look good man. If it was my model I'd take the eye cup off, I know when I'm using my 14's I don't use. But it all boils down to personal preference.

I would have to agree, it looks good, but I don't know many people that use the eyecup, I never do.

I used it back in the day... it might look better with it off. I will check it out. What do you think about the scale of it?

UPDATE:

*REMOVED eye cap off PVS-14

*REWORKED texture, and mapping PVS-14

I believe that will be all that I need to do with the 14's. What I want to do is add an weapons attachment the would consist of:

*Scout Sniper Team (gunner and spotter)

*Machine gun section

buldozer2011-07-0223-03-10-20.jpg

buldozer2011-07-0223-03-29-67.jpg

buldozer2011-07-0223-04-05-09.jpg

buldozer2011-07-0223-09-00-47.jpg

buldozer2011-07-0223-10-06-83.jpg