Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

CWR² Demo

oh hai-lo i dloeded this addoff and xpected to fynd sum grate FLAGFIGHTGUNZ action, but couldnt halp but know-tice that there woz no FLAGFIGHTGUNZ mishun.

this z a travesty n i am leefing the A2(3) communitah becoz i've bin trolled

Hello, i'm really liked this demo, but i'm find some errors ;)

1. Thermal imager in M1A1 Abrams
  2. Don't work Mortar Shell on M16A2

theres a hotfix for the Mortar Shell check the first post, regarding thermal imager i would imagine as we never had thermal imaging in OFP that's why its not on the m1a1.

Played through the first 3 missions so far. Quite an authentic experience and a nice present for 10th anniversary. However still needs some polishing as sometimes it feels rough around the edges

In the second mission it took like half of a minute before the attack on the village started (probably not all squads getting to their waypoints as synchronized as they do it in OFP) and I think I saw T-80 far on the hill in the distance just staying there and firing on incoming US vehicles while they seemed to have been ignoring that T-80. In the third mission when riding on a road in convoy and when encountering another convoy that should've passed us by - it caused quite a problem for AI to get through. But I guess that's AA2 AI thing.

Everon forests are great. Good FPS and that good old "OFP-jungle" feeling

Wow, how could i miss that yesterday :eek:

Congrats to the CWR team on this great release, cant wait to coem home to play it.

Those were the days... the demo back then was a pure blast for me as it was so different and new, yet my PC back then was crap and so i played it over and over at a friends house who was quite annoyed till i finally bought my own new PC to finally play it at home all day.

Including save and load times of over 5 minutes with the Ram i had back then :p

Edited by Shadow NX

Hi, in the clean sweep mission, there's a "truck" (i guess) which is a place holder (only some geometric forms such as a geo lod).

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

I know I'm late only seeing the announcement now, but...

Watching the trailer I was set back to 2001 immediately! :)

Thank you so much, CWR2 team!! :yay:

Hope to see some people on the CWR2 gaming events (24th and 25th at 20:00GMT)

Anyone getting CTD with latest beta 82128? Just want to confirm whether it's me alone.

Yes, had CTD at the end of the first cutscene of the campaign.

With non-beta version everything has worked ok. (Only played couple of missions in campaign so far.)

Hello, i'm really liked this demo, but i'm find some errors ;)

1. Thermal imager in M1A1 Abrams
  2. In AKS-74 not shadow of butt
  3. Bad reloading animation in 6G-30
  4. Not reloading animation in MM1
  5. Don't work Mortar Shell on M16A2

Thanks.

1) I'm not sure what you mean here. If too difficult send me PM with Russian description and I let our translators check it.

2) Acknowledged

3) The two grenadelaunchers are not finished, they were added only because Celery wanted them for his missions

4) as 3.

5) Rifle mortar works when you replaced the weaponcfg.pbo with the one from the hotfix.

@ProfTournesol

I think you mean the "Paper car" which serves normally as a practice target. Somehow it made it into the list of usable cars and every here and then gets spawned by the Civilian Cars Module. :D

We're working on that.

With that Thermal imager in M1A1 Abrams - he probably mean the CWR2 M1A1 have a Flir ,while in OFP or in reality it did not have it

Maybe you understand this?

1 Thermovision optics on M1A1 Abrams.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

RobertHammer, yes I meant it!

Is the Six updater version the most up to date source?

Dunno if this was reported yet but

in "After Montignac" mission when Armstrong gets captured by russkies and resistance strikes the camp it takes them way too long to kill off russians. Not only for Armstrong to get killed but for him to run off into the woods and simply wait there. Had to end mission with "endmission" cheat after waiting for several minutes.

Is the Six updater version the most up to date source?

Doesnt seems like it's the latest version with the fixes. Still need to manually patch up the mortar issue and the campaign.

Also,

In the mission "alert", my truck driver near the end of the mission decided to stand still and enjoy the scenery instead of driving back to camp. I need to shoot the tyres of the truck to get the troops on foot to end the mission. Happens on my first try, have not retry the mission yet.

For the mission "montignac must fall" mission, alpha1 got stuck on pistol. Should be due to the pistol bug from Arma2

Edited by Muahaha

Thank you for the continuing comments!

Regarding the m1a1 and thermal sights, I believe it did have them for the gunner. The M1a2 introduced a Commander's Independent Thermal Viewer (CITV), but previous versions had thermal sights. The flir sights that existed on the m1a1 abrams was called the Thermal Imaging System. The m1a2 has had that upgraded to what they call I think a block 1 Second Generation FLIR set. In fact, the m1 had them too, the tank was designed with them from the start.

Edited by Max Power

Mission issues forwarded, TI view in M1 gunner view removed. :)

AKS-74 shadow LOD fixed, too.

Edited by W0lle

idk if this is the right place to say this, but i just wanted to say thank you guys for this wonderful mod. I played through the campaign so far right up to the part where armstrong joins the militia, no bugs and thanks to the new beta patch runs smooth. And it just brings back so many memories. It's incredible. I haven't had this much fun since, I've never had this much fun lol. But thanks guys. Long live CWC

Another thing - In "Rescue" mission as soon as we loaded into a truck the BMP jumped us and made a short work of resistance.

I don't really remember this happening in OFP though.

Edit so I don't lose track: Fixed by removing that nasty BMP, but afaik it was present in OFP too.

Edited by W0lle

In "rescue" mission debriefing, all three debriefing messages appeared even if mission is a success (Mission complete : blabla ; mission failed : blabla ; mission failed : blabla). Well, not a big deal though :)

Edit so I don't lose track: Fixed in the next Missions update.

Edited by W0lle

Anyone getting CTD with latest beta 82128? Just want to confirm whether it's me alone.

I am in the mission Camping. It keeps CTD during the first part of the mission.

Sometime at or before the point where I get back to my squad to pick them up in the truck. The furthest I've got is just after the squad loads the truck.

It's crashed about 5 times now. I'm just using the newest beta 82128, no other 3rd party content.

Ok, finished the demo campaign, no game breaking bug, difficulty level is ok compared to the original one. When i look at the credits, i see the whole community(well, almost..) is involved, that's great !

---------- Post added at 21:08 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

I am in the mission Camping. It keeps CTD during the first part of the mission.

Sometime at or before the point where I get back to my squad to pick them up in the truck. The furthest I've got is just after the squad loads the truck.

It's crashed about 5 times now. I'm just using the newest beta 82128, no other 3rd party content.

Yep, got one crash here too. But then i could finish it.