Sign in to follow this  
paecmaker

What do you think off the "future" setting

Waht do you think of the near futuristic setting?  

293 members have voted

1. 1. Waht do you think of the near futuristic setting?

• It feels interestin with nwe wehicles and weapons
    • I dont really care
    • I dont like the near future setting

I have looked around the forum and seen both many defending and bashing at the near future setting.

If there are another poll here just close this one.

I am quite glad i wont constantly have to look at M4 and AK74 variants anymore.

Variety is fun.

I like it. It gives them at least some amount of freedom from people complaining that the soles of U.S. combat boots are modeled wrong.

Also, more modern weapons like the F2000 give a thankful break from the AR15/AK variant monotony. If they introduce the P90, I'll send BI brownies.

I like it. If anything because it allows for symmetrical warfare at all levels without resorting to capitalism vs communism. Also, it hardly strikes me as futuristic. It's just an alternate reality of what could occur given a series of fictional events, just like any other work of military fiction.

I have looked around the forum and seen both many defending and bashing at the near future setting.

If there are another poll here just close this one.

why would we need yet another pointless poll in this section of the forum.

cant we express our opinion without having to click yes/no or whatever..

there are already threads discussing this. but noo.. lets make a poll about it aswell.

how about adding in a option.. i refuse to vote more on pointless polls. or even better make a poll about it

this section of the forum should be closed for more polls.

to many stupid polls popping up in this place

why would we need yet another pointless poll in this section of the forum.

cant we express our opinion without having to click yes/no or whatever..

there are already threads discussing this. but noo.. lets make a poll about it aswell.

how about adding in a option.. i refuse to vote more on pointless polls. or even better make a poll about it

this section of the forum should be closed for more polls.

to many stupid polls popping up in this place

Well, you dont have to vote in the poll. Yes there are many polls but I wanted to see how many that really are against or like the "futuristic setting" without have to count all the posts.

@ 160thSOAR, yeah I also like that they are given some room to make new things, like the boat we seen, not to futuristic but not entirerly real either.

Edited by paecmaker

Well, you dont have to vote in the poll

i didnt vote.. i would if you added in my suggestion for the extra option ;)

"It feels interesting with new wehicles and weapons"

Nothing more to say :)

but i hope we will still have the option to use all the ARMA 2 content ( current gear ) in arma 3, even if its the exact same model / texture / sound

It allows for more creative freedom, so I'm all for it.

what I like is M16 vs AK74 but if they manage to make the game balanced then no problem. ArmA2 had big balance issues with the sides. In ArmA1 it was great.

I'm less interested in the content and setting than I am with the engine and the possibilites. I'm in :)

Basically, I would buy it whatever the setting as long as it represented a game engine improvement. WW2 would have been just as welcome :)

Please take care in creating posts like this. Spelling mistakes ! :D

yeah sorry about that I got a little, uhm carried away.

Please take care in creating posts like this. Spelling mistakes ! :D

Have you noticed his mispelled name? My guess is he's not the world's best speller.

Have you noticed his mispelled name? My guess is he's not the world's best speller.

well, Its meant to be that way :p

ArmA? Banalce issues on factions?

I...

D:

I don't know what to say... Are people really expecting war to be balanced? Seriously? Like Nato commanders yelling at OpFor: "Naaaw! Thats not fair! You can't Have Mi24 becuz iz unfairs! :("

Also, more people moaning about ArmA3's future setting:

"naaaw! I won't get 2348th variant of the colt family? Omg unrealistic lol. I joined this forum 3 minutes ago and I know everything about ArmA3 and its futuresz settings, and I are think it bad. Please make ArmA 2 DLC more thanjk. Regardsz,

-=EpIcRaNg3RSn1p3r_97=-"

Get off my internets :|

I don't really care what the setting will be, if we'll have adequate AI, good optimization & frame rates, interesting new technologies like render-to-texture or dynamic view distance (I couldn't give a crap about shooting out of vehicles though, what are we having the mounted weaponry for?), updated animations, more enterable buildings and anything more that I don't think of right now, then I won't mind if the setting for ArmA 3 would be in the pre-historic ages or in 2142. The first mods will feature M16s and AKs, I'd bet my balls on it, but gentlemen won't bet on sure things :D

I am quite glad i wont constantly have to look at M4 and AK74 variants anymore.

Variety is fun.

I somewhat agree, I'm tired of getting killed by AK's. I think its time to start dyeing by something else. :cc::cc::cc:

Don't mind the future setting, but the Comanche? Seriously? That was cancelled in 2004, it's like the XM8 in ArmA 2.

I dont mind the future setting so long as they don't tinker about with the real things. Making some random jeep type transport is fine but I would hate to see changed models like that chopper Hammock thing they mixed with the KA-50.

I dont mind the future setting so long as they don't tinker about with the real things. Making some random jeep type transport is fine but I would hate to see changed models like that chopper Hammock thing they mixed with the KA-50.

Why? If you are going to create fictional aircraft, basing them on existing ones is a pretty safe way to ensure it stays realistic.