sheafromme

It is so laggy it is unbelieveable

Help, my computer is a Gateway Sx2800

# Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q83003

# Windows® 7Home Premium

# 4GB DDR3 memory

# 640GB hard drive1

# Intel® GMA X4500HD

Yet, it is so laggy that even on the lowest possible settings I cannot even control it. It is even worse on my 2gb HP.

Please help and im new so don't act like you know.

lag != low frame rates (the second is what you're describing).

the X4500HD is NOT a proper (gaming) video card, but an on board one (intel).

there is nothing to troubleshoot here. You're laptop is just not gonna cut it. Moreso fact any notebook out there (minus a few overpriced gaming ones) will have a very hard time running A2 at some proper framerates. The quad i5 Toshiba Qosmio F60 i own doesn't work all that well either.

case of point, want to play (and enjoy) this game, you'll need a proper PC

edit: my bad, your CPU is desktop (q83003). Your gfx card is where i would start with

Edited by PuFu

What the heck is the last part, a motherboard VGA? :) Get a proper gfx card.

Yeah, new graphics card... it's more common for game devs to push some of the processing power to the GPU - you'll need a better one for any current or upcoming game.

# Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q83003

# Windows® 7Home Premium

# 4GB DDR3 memory

# 640GB hard drive1

# Intel® GMA X4500HD

Yet, it is so laggy that even on the lowest possible settings I cannot even control it. It is even worse on my 2gb HP.

1. *Must Have* As the other blokes said... buy a video card, Nvidia GTX260

of higher, buy ATI if you want hassles (not baiting just ATI are not as good

as Nvidia)

2. Overclock your CPU to 3GHz or higher... your cpu runs at 2.5GHz, getting

it over 3GHz wont strain it f'all (Intel® Core™2 Duals & Quads OC very well

without after market coolers)

ArmA 2 is known to run not so good on cpus under 3GHz no matter how many cores.

3. Update your motherboards chipset and BIOS (download from manufacture)

But for you its all in the video card, you cannot run any decent game with on-board graphics.

Good Luck sheafromme :)

Edited by 76

* Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q83003

* Windows® 7Home Premium

* 4GB DDR3 memory

* 640GB hard drive1

* Intel® GMA X4500HD

* Central processing unit is good.

* Operating system is good.

* Random access memory is decent, although 6GB or more would be ideal.

* Hard disk drive is decent.

* The graphics processing unit (or lack thereof) is terrible. You seriously need at least a NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti to run ArmA 2 decently. To run it well, you'd need an NVIDIA GTX 590. How about you post your power supply unit specifications too, so we can have a look. Cheers, mate and good luck with the game. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

Hint: On the box or in the manual there is a section called : system Requirements altough Arma2 & OA require more then it sais on the box its a good place to start looking!

thanks guys i will post the other stuff soon. It just makes me mad cause that game is sick and i'm used to playing older games that run well.

* Central processing unit is good.

* Operating system is good.

* Random access memory is decent, although 6GB or more would be ideal.

* Hard disk drive is decent.

* The graphics processing unit (or lack thereof) is terrible. You seriously need at least a NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti to run ArmA 2 decently. To run it well, you'd need an NVIDIA GTX 590. How about you post your power supply unit specifications too, so we can have a look. Cheers, mate and good luck with the game. ;)

You do not need a GTX590 to run it well. Someone with a budget could do very good with a gtx 260, I know I did.

I got ATI 4890 for a bargain price, I think Gigabyte did a new series for a short time in Q4 2010. Since then I don't have problems with A2 framerate, and I'm running an old processor dualcore at 2,66ghz :) so with a relatively cheap investment (2,5x price of the game) you can get a decent gfx card.

I second IceBreaker: I'm running an 4890 combined with a E8400 (dual core) pushed from 3 to 4Ghz and framerates are very respectable (30-40 fps @ 1920x1200) most of the time

Im running an old asus 2.1 g single core with 2g memory, NV 9800GTX +oc, with onboard sound and my game runs pretty well with the exception missions that have loads and I mean loads of stuff in them. Most of the time gameplay is pretty smooth. One thing to remember when setting up your game, for optimal FPS and video performance set your video card resolution to the "natural" resolution for your monitor, you would not believe how much straying from that resolution even a little can change your games performance.

I have never really had good luck with ATI video cards for gaming, Nvidia seems to be geared towards gaming as where ATI for office or photo work. Same as AMD is for gaming and Pentium is better for office or photo work. JMO.

Edited by Muerte LOL

A lot of people mistake "normal" for low or something, normal is normal! Before anyone complains (myself included) we should ask them to set everything to normal and then test. Work from there rather than thinking just because XY&Z game runs on max setting why can't ArmA. (I defiantly include myself in this one...)

I'm still trying to find the right set up for what I want from the look of the game. That said the game runs very well on "Normal" for me so maybe I shouldn't complain.