Sign in to follow this  
Cumboy

Red hammer is amateur and s*BLEEP*t...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ May 21 2002,15:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ May 21 2002,15:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Damn no Vikings<span id='postcolor'>

Whatever makes you happy!

560870.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

THAT´S HAEGAR, THAT´S HAEGAR!!! I KNOW HIM, I KNOW HIM!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ May 21 2002,16:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">THAT´S HAEGAR, THAT´S HAEGAR!!! I KNOW HIM, I KNOW HIM!!!<span id='postcolor'>

You're a regular art connoisseur, aren't ya now?!

i'm going to take a wild guess here on why they might use smoke

IT'S USED IN REAL LIFE?

did your other 2 accounts get their posting rights disabled or something?

Cumboy a couple of points.......

1. Use one account and one account only on here, I've removed the posting rights for "The_Pheonix" you can stick to cumboy, or if you prefer the other name PM me and I'll switch it around.

2. If you have a point to make then that's great, however please make it in a slightly more constructive way, saying stuff like "Bis can't make missions for shit" is simply inflammatory and frankly rediculous, however if you think you can make missions much better than Bis then feel free to show us your work smile.gif

It's much less impersonal than a full stop wink.gif

Ok, the thing with marking LZs with smoke. The only way there could be smoke is if there's a guy on the ground before the chopper lands to throw smoke, or if another chopper (or aircraft) flys by and drops a smoke grenade to mark the location. Smoke being thrown by "triggers" isn't exactly realistic.

-=Die Alive=-

Cumboy!!! Well, well, your reputation preceeds you. I have not followed your history but it seems clear that everyone hates your guts. Even in the download secion where I got your 5th Aviation mission (I don't even remember the site, it was a long time ago) there were some hateful remarks against you.

I remember your 5th Aviation mission though. Very well done. probably the best air mission I've played for OFP. Do you have any more like it?

I think we all know his history, but as far as I'm concerned people who use this forum will be judged for what they do and how they behave on this forum only smile.gif

Thankyou placebo.....

Yeah I have just finished my lastest mission 'Hunter-Killer'....

Quite thorough really.......fly the OH-58D scouting for enemy base camps, directing artillery (with a script i wrote) and airstrikes......I think its quite good....I can't seem to find a place to post it now, but if anyone wants it i'll be happy to mail it to them.....

Why not sign up with sphosting.com for a free account and put it on there? at least you'll have a url to share with people smile.gif

Anger- falling...

Urge to flame- fading...

Damn you Placebo, your smily faces have mellowed me out! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! wow.gif

Cumboy, didn't your missions get really shitty reviews from OFPEC? just wondered, because they are pretty accurate.

I still have respect for CumBoy.

But since I'm a nobody... wink.gif

If I remember right, CumBoy and DevilChaser had disputes.

And since DevilChaser had unlimited respect from everyone in the community, at the time, CumBoy lost the arguements. And then he deleted most of the files on the OFPEC servers.

And that's where my memory stops.

Oh well. smile.gif

i thought red hammer was quite good

it held my attention for the entire campaign quite easily, even if it was unrealistic

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FetishFool @ May 22 2002,02:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If I remember right, CumBoy and DevilChaser had disputes.

And since DevilChaser had unlimited respect from everyone in the community, at the time, CumBoy lost the arguements.  And then he deleted most of the files on the OFPEC servers.<span id='postcolor'>

Still, not a mature way to go after loosing an argument. Even though it would have been unfair (which I got no idea about).

Its kinda like.. "Oh crap, I lost the argument.. oh well, as I feel pretty shitty, I'll just destroy the fun for all the other ones on the forum."

I'm not saying to suck (I'll leave that to other people) but I'm saying that you could have handled things diffirently.

FatJoe  wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MHSJROTTCADET @ May 21 2002,17:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cumboy, didn't your missions get really shitty reviews from OFPEC? just wondered, because they are pretty accurate.<span id='postcolor'>

i believe it was suggested to download it just to rip off the source code biggrin.gif

A lot of people still think that 10th Air Cavalry is good smile.gif

I think 1985 campaign was slightly more realistic relative to RH, but RH used more custom scripts. They should have merged to two together to make a kick ass campaign. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cumboy @ May 21 2002,13:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...like using smoke to mark an LZ.......which had NEVER been done before my mission '5th Aviation'.....and definitely NOT in the original campaign or official missions......(oh and one of the single player official missions with the CH-47 has also copied dialogue)...<span id='postcolor'>

The official scripting reference contains this example:

soldierOne fire ["throw","SmokeShell","SmokeShell"] tounge.gif

Looks like you didn't even have to come up with the script.

And what part of the mission with the Chinook contains "your" dialogue? That missions's dialogue is somewhat the same as one of the missions from the campaign (where you fly a UH-60 and have to rescue some troops)

In case you havent noticed, smoke is used to mark helicopter LZ's all the time in real life.

Here are some pics of a couple guys from my unit doing some helicopter marshalling in Meaford Ontario in August of 2001:

helo-1.jpg

helo-2.jpg

helo-4.jpg

There, happy?

Tyler

Hey, I never said it hadn't been done in real life! I just said it hadn't been done in an OFP mission before i.e official missions or campaign (or any user mission i saw)

Just seems strange they didn't do it the first time, then they did it. It's just a theory anyway.

Never liked RH either, I reckon it was total shit, I just bought Gold Upgrade and had to finish it!

maybe because it didn't fit in?

i haven't played the 1985 campaign since december or so but i don't seem to recall any situations where it fit in.