Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

Ghost Recon: Online

What about DR/RR? Ambivalent thinking at is best... or just forget about the GR origins for the sake of beeing potential as a decent arcade MP shooter. Low expectations or just comfy with the mainstream? :rolleyes:

What about DR/RR? Ambivalent thinking at is best... or just forget about the GR origins for the sake of beeing potential as a decent arcade MP shooter. Low expectations or just comfy with the mainstream? :rolleyes:

Both I guess. I'm past the crusader part of my gaming career :) I do take the occasional crack at the mainstream, but it does not bother me as much now.

For every dumbed down iteration of a gaming franchise I loved (splinter cell :( ), I got ArmA :)

I got ArmA :)

I'd still rather have some sort of variety than just Arma, now matter how good it is.

I'd still rather have some sort of variety than just Arma, now matter how good it is.

Agreed. I think the whole Codemasters debacle probably helped motivate BIS to make the vast improvements brought in by Arma 2 and subsequent releases. Arma 3 looks like it's going to be a winner, genuine competition could only increase interest in the genre. I don't see any on the horizon though. Other developers just don't seem to have the vision or backing to make real sand-box military games anymore.

So do I. What I meant by that is that ArmA gives me all I need right now and I tend not to bother as much on how dumbed down a game is nowadays.

Agreed. I think the whole Codemasters debacle probably helped motivate BIS to make the vast improvements brought in by Arma 2 and subsequent releases. Arma 3 looks like it's going to be a winner, genuine competition could only increase interest in the genre. I don't see any on the horizon though. Other developers just don't seem to have the vision or backing to make real sand-box military games anymore.

True that :mad:

The Problem is that other companys aim to release a title per year, impossible with a game like Arma.

The Problem is that other companys aim to release a title per year, impossible with a game like Arma.

BIS seem to be making some inroads to this idea, witness the BIS engine licensed WW2 game discussed elsewhere on this forum :)

Yeah that WW2 game could be interesting, but time will have to show how successfull it will be

Why would they want to raise standards for practices that are raking in millions.

Why would they want to raise standards for practices that are raking in millions.

Exactly, it would have to be for the love of the genre. I think for that reason, if anyone is ever to make something military, realistic and open world, it's either going to be a talented indie developer or a successful mod team.

Nice after the whole "you're all filthy pirates and not worthy for our 6 months later+das uber DRM ports" now they changed their mind.

They can shove their games up their ass for all I care.

There are still indies out there. There's Tripwire and RO, BIS and Arma, mod communities and teams. Hope remains as long as the realism fan(atic)s do.