Sign in to follow this  
Dibuk

They better have female soldiers...

Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?

• I would like to see female combat units for each/certain military faction(s)
    • I would prefer only civilian female characters, but with full combat animations/capability
    • I wouldn't mind seeing civilian female characters, but don't care/prefer if they are combat capable
    • I would prefer to see no female characters in ArmA 3 (downgrade from ArmA 2)

It would be nice to see someone else than almost the same looking soldiers while females in game are civvies and can't hold a gun! And yes, every gamer isn't a man!:icon_wink:

I can't imagine a male not being able to wear a woman's soldier uniform, there wouldn't be THAT much of a difference. Unless the woman is extremely petite, and the man is big and burly, I think this VIDEO GAME (yes, people need to realise it is a video game) can handle it.

If women faught in the front lines in WWII (Soviet sniper Roza Shanina, for example. Most of the best snipers in history have been women), I don't see how any other war should be different, especially if its set in the future in a fictional timeline. If this game is suppose to be based off of realism, then it's being quite hypocritical by ignoring the female soldiers and pilots of past, present and future, not to mention not doing any of them justice. History only proves that women can be just as strong as men, whether you want to acknowledge it or not. We're not asking for half men, half women, just a few to at least acknowledge the fact they exist.

Most of the best snipers in history have been women

Nope.

Most of the best snipers in history have been women.

Not being a troll but where did you get that information from?

I am for the idea of women in the game as long as its done correctly. Both civilian and military types.

Most of the best snipers in history have been women

Absolutely dumbest statement ever made, and undoubtedly the stupidest first post in internet history.

Edited by Max Power

I suppose there's nothing wrong with getting medevac by female soldier for a change? AFAIK there are plenty females serving in military, some even at front lines some at support duties

Not really important or gamechanging for me personaly either way though

@ above^^ eh, not really the nicest way to welcome newcomers is it :rolleyes:

We got options, you know? If someone is missinformed, we (who knows just about everything about anything) can always simply correct them :)

Edited by Bee8190

Sorry, let me retract what I said as it doesn't reflect what I think. Some of the best snipers in history have been women. Look up Lyudmila Pavlichenko. Official kill count was 309, so nothing to turn your nose up at.

Back then in Soviet Union, women were often put into sniper groups as they thought they had more patience, and coordination. Of course, it all comes down to the individual, but thats just how it was.

Absolutely dumbest statement ever made, and undoubtedly the stupidest first post in internet history.

If you have nothing constructive to add to a thread, then don't post at all. Increasing your postcount by spamming the forums with flamebaits and/or stupid pictures might end you up with a dramatically decreased postcount.

If you have nothing constructive to add to a thread, then don't post at all. Increasing your postcount by spamming the forums with flamebaits and/or stupid pictures might end you up with a dramatically decreased postcount.

Yeah you heard him. Take this stuff seriously...because it's serious business.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3d/The_Internet_is_Serious_Business.jpg

On the topic of female soldiers:

Only in the offline. Because if it's in the online we know what will happen, everyone will be female and it won't be realistic anymore. Or they should have a limit on the female soldiers in multiplayer. In singleplayer with a mature handling of them I'm sure it'd be great.

On the topic of female soldiers:

Only in the offline. Because if it's in the online we know what will happen, everyone will be female and it won't be realistic anymore. Or they should have a limit on the female soldiers in multiplayer. In singleplayer with a mature handling of them I'm sure it'd be great.

Not true... you are limited to choosing the unit type the mission designer has placed on the map. If we do get female soldiers in A3, we wont see bands of murdering females unless the mission designer decided to organize a "girls night out" mission.

Yeah you heard him. Take this stuff seriously...because it's serious business.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3d/The_Internet_is_Serious_Business.jpg

Jaypaul97

I see you found the 'internet is serious business' meme today. How great for you. Perhaps the next big thing for you to discover is the forum rules.

We do not permit public commenting on moderator actions. If you wish to comment, please PM one of us. Thank you.

§18) No public discussion on how the forum is moderated

If you have questions/complaints/comments about the forum or moderators please PM them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please PM the head moderator (Placebo), he will be happy to look into the matter. You may also ask your questions in the "Ask a mod" thread; however that thread is not to be used to attack/rant against specific moderators or about specific rules but more for questions/answers.

organize a "girls night out" mission.

Well I know what I'm making when I get ArmA 3 hahah

a small line of code that would allow or disallow wearing of types of clothing could easily fix that.

Yeh but why?

He'll either be mistaken for a girl and let go, or shot accordingly

Why not have female soldiers? Don't just tell me it will take up more of Bohemia Interactive's resources.

A male can do any job a female can do, and a female can do a job that any male can do. We're all human, aren't we?

Edited by Nicholas

That awkward moment when you see a chick ingame and how her lips move with a guy's VOIP/ACRE-voice. I'm not sure how I would react on that :crazy_o:

I doubt many guys would use female characters within clans and such. It would just be freaky in a game like this. Probably on public servers though, for the lol's. I'm however of course positive to have the option available, and I would especially like to see random female AI soldiers on missions.

I think the future setting of A3 is speaking for this to be an even more realistic choice compared to previous titles. Equality of opportunities between men and women are constantly being pushed forward in all countries, so how common would female soldiers be in 20 years? Many countries already allow them on any military role, and I'm sure many more will follow.

At 0:35, doesn't it look like the outline of a woman with messy hair...? It's got thinner arms, and a thin stomach area.

Why not have female soldiers? Don't just tell me it will take up more of Bohemia Interactive's resources.

A male can do any job a female can do, and a female can do a job that any male can do. We're all human, aren't we?

Is this a joke?

Is this a joke?

Why would it be a joke? It's the truth, isn't it? Anyone can do anything.

At 0:35, doesn't it look like the outline of a woman with messy hair...? It's got thinner arms, and a thin stomach area.

Hahahaha, messy hair, that would be one angry looking b*tch :p I'm certain that it's just helmets with some grass attached to them. They do look pretty thin, but are probably just some less bulky geared/dressed units.

I haven't, but I'm sure it's been done. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not real or possible. I've never seen a Ferrari, so they must not be real.

---------- Post added at 00:16 ---------- Previous post was at 00:10 ----------

Have you not heard of the power of adrenaline?

n 1982, in Lawrenceville, Ga., Angela Cavallo lifted a 1964 Chevrolet Impala from her son, Tony, after it fell off the jacks that had held it up while he worked underneath the car. Mrs. Cavallo lifted the car high enough and long enough for two neighbors to replace the jacks and pull Tony from beneath the car.

Marie "Bootsy" Payton was cutting her lawn in High Island, Texas, when her riding mower got away from her. Payton's young granddaughter, Evie, tried to stop the mower, but was knocked underneath the still-running machine. Payton reached the mower and easily tossed it off her granddaughter, limiting Evie's injuries to four severed toes. Curious, Payton later tried to lift the mower again and found she couldn't move it.

In Ivujivik, Quebec, in 2006, Lydia Angyiou wrestled a large polar bear that she saw advancing toward her son and another boy while they played hockey. Angyiou tackled the polar bear and fought it while the boys ran for help. While Angyiou suffered some wounds, the polar bear ultimately lost the fight. Angyiou sparred with it long enough that a neighbor was able to shoot the bear four times until it died.

That's just basic military training. There were lots of females doing this with geared guys much larger than themselves when I was in Swedish military. And we were all 19-20 years old at that time. It's a lot more about technique than strength though. No biggie at all.

lol, cause every woman is weak and doesn't work on her own strength. Really, if a woman is dedicated enough to be in the military, she has to be strong. So yes, a woman who is qualified for military purposes can and will do that. If you've never seen a tough woman, you need only to google.

From what I know women in the israeli army are common practice since whenever it was founded.

Since arma3 has some israeli equipment in it (don't know if they're a force) women can be a logical addition.

From what I know women in the israeli army are common practice since whenever it was founded.

Women are barred from combat roles in the IDF, and have been barred for well over 50 years.