Sign in to follow this  
PuFu

Community Questions | NO Discussion here!

Scripting

Will the delay on scheduled environments introduced in Arma 2 still be present in Arma 3 or are there any modifications on it?

Gameplay

Is getting in a vehicle full animated including opening the door and get in?

Gameplay

Do hands move with vehicle wheels/weapons?

Graphics

Do all light sources cause shadows and are blocked by objects and terrain?

Graphics

Is render-to-texture in?

Graphics

Are all clouds volumetric or you still use the good old sky-texture?

Graphics

Will smoke move with wind and/or be interactive with the environment and objects?

_neo_

Edited by neokika

Gameplay

1.Will weight simulation or loading system be added in ARMA3, which can at least impact player's activity and equipment choice? So the weight criterion can replace the traditional gear column limit.

I think it is so hard to deal with both AI and player, but can do more on player and minor on AI (he just won't run but not fall in faint if you give him overload equipment). And both AI and men have a limited loading level like what in STALKER.

2.Will player and AI can have two automatic guns instead of a rifle with an RPG? Note: the second gun is not side weapon, it can be a rifle\submachine gun\shotgun and it also can be an RPG too. But if the weight system is added in ARMA3 thouse weight of weapons and their ammo all will impact at least player's activity.

Just like other games, you can choose one major rifle\automatic rifle and a second weapon like a submachine gun\rifle\sniper rifle\shotgun\RPG. and you also can have a pistol\PDW as a side weapon

3.Will the unit of the ammo of shotgun is bullet rather than magzine?

Just like how to reload shotgun in other games, you can reload bullet one by one and there isn't a magzine for shotgun.

Edited by msy

Technical

What will be the maximum draw distance for objects and terrain

Gameplay

Will copter crash in a realistic manner or be the same like ARMA2 where it either explode or crash land without damage model.

Gameplay

Will there be SHARK! or any sort of natural danger,underwater?

Gameplay

Will there be naval battle between ships?

Edited by Muahaha

Artificial Intelligence

will you improve the ai in terms of them reacting more realistic on camo/clothes/ghillie, gras, bushes, trees & forests?

thats the most depressing thing about arma imo, the ai shoots through bushes, gras, trees and in or out of forests deadly accurate.

Edited by s4ikD

Graphics

Is gear modeled seperately on soldiers uniforms instead of pasted on?

Graphics

Is parallax mapping (3d effect textures) being applied to more than just terrain ground, like on walls of buildings?

all added to the first post

Graphics

Is gear modeled seperately on soldiers uniforms instead of pasted on?

please rephrase, because i can't figure out what you mean by pasted on

"instead of pasted on" == "instead of copied over from existing models" ??

and what is the difference? copy pasted from what existing models? existing as in from A2? Or the question refers to a larger variety of character models? or is it that pouches and alike should be modeled separatly and added on top as long as you equip those?

i don't know how hard could it be to write a simple brief sentence...

Artificial Intelligence

Will the AI make proper use of armor\vehicles in combat?

Additional information/reference

A mechanized squad for example when in contact, just dismount the troops and charge. While a vehicle usually have superior firepower and optics, it should stay in the back or proper position (or at least make some judgment regarding the enemy assets) to "snipe" most treats and then move forward

Will Arma3 continue using the current system for clans/teams. A "Squad.xml" file, same as in ofp & Arma(1&2)?

@PuFu: In the OP, under 10.Technical, the spoilered explanation has been moved to the wrong position. It belongs under the audio question. :)

added nuxil question and fixed the spoiler position :) cheers maddogx

and what is the difference? copy pasted from what existing models? existing as in from A2? Or the question refers to a larger variety of character models? or is it that pouches and alike should be modeled separatly and added on top as long as you equip those?

i don't know how hard could it be to write a simple brief sentence...

He means the last one you mentioned. It was vague but still obvious.

Modding/Tools/Plugins

Any plans on allowing users to create protected addons?

For the record, I hope not - a game where I can't peek (and poke) wherever I want has little value.

Graphics

Will HDR (banding specifically) be improved?

I'm talking about how scene can look really bad and banded on 8 bit, whereas red dot sights looks awful on 16 bit, forcing us to change it a lot. Switching to 16 bit currently also have a significant hit on performance (on my old hardware anyway).

AI

Will there be bridges, and can AI use them? ;)

AI

Will AI be able to figure out proper formation directions this time around (sorry, had to)? :)