Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

i think you were referring to this and this, right?

Those links take me to some facebook login screen. Can you host the pictures on a real image host please so that everyone can see them? Thanks!

ahh those were pictures from Arma 3's FB page..

sure i can! give me a minute.

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:59 ----------

ok here you go:

Number 1

Number 2

it would be really perfect if we could enjoy some :icon_twisted: here, so that i can finally tell all those whining people what they are seeing right there and stop all this "wtf!? fk arma 3 is unrealistic this is not starwars" FPDR stuff.

would really appreciate it.

I think we need some :icon_twisted: here.

Especially because there is a lot of "WTF is that?! This isnt Starwars" etc. feedback and we could really need an solid answer to stop this nonsense whining.... ;)

Names, why does everything have to have a name? Let's call it da Suit, or da Uniform, nothing else was disclosed yet :icon_twisted:

Just to make things right, remember You may be able to wear enemy uniforms (as Lord Ivan already stated) and You have seen ****loads of these on enemy soldiers. That means they probably should not have some brutal impact on Your effectiveness like making You instantly win any armed contact.

As You have already said, no need to whine yet (I know there are always many "reasons" for these, who need to whine for sake of whining) :icon_twisted:

Edith:

would really appreciate it.

Glad to help You at least a bit. And remember, there is no need to use Force :icon_twisted:

Edited by pettka
Ninja'd

Just to make things right, remember You may be able to wear enemy uniforms (as Lord Ivan already stated) and You have seen ****loads of these on enemy soldiers.

I can Imagine NATO using the suit's helmet and micro-climate unit on their uniform and camo, using their visor/eye protection.

Now I REALLY want ArmA 3!

I can Imagine NATO using the suit's helmet and micro-climate unit on their uniform and camo, using their visor/eye protection.

Now I REALLY want ArmA 3!

Note that the gear we saw the NATO soliders wearing is based on the US future force warrior program . NATO soliders will get all the micro climate unit and HUD love they need :) .

@pettka

thats it. i go for "da suit" ;)

i really like your approach. I mean what else could an artist ask for? You have the range of freedom you want, but you can still orientate yourself on certain points. :thumbsup: for that.

I am also really looking forward to how you will implement this suit swapping in particular - animations etc..

And regarding all those complaints- If people talk about your game, you did something right. What they talk is just incidential. And I mean, you cant please everyone. If you kept the setting- What would make it Arma 3 and not just another Expansion and I bet we would have more complaints saying "same sht different day etc"

Innovation is everything; and i see ( from what i have seen so far) that this is exactly the way arma 3 will go.

Thanks again pettka, youre really a fine gent!

and maionaze, time to add "DA SUIT" to the list ;)

PS: I would not like to be Dwarden ^^ I bet he is like: Somebody finally shut his mouth ;) but you know, uncontrollable dev is outta control :icon_twisted:

Edited by PurePassion

The player will be able to remotely operate mortars .

I presume that it will be something similar to the "Dragon Fire II" MFSS. Looking forward to all those animated parts and how it will be implemented in detail!

The greatest game ever, but some animations are way too fast. In the Arma3 footage again, I see grass moving as if there's a chopper nearby. Please don't do that. I haven't see animal animations yet, cattle in Arma2 seem to be on steriods. I know timing is very hard, but too slow is better than too fast. Bird and insect animations (in Arma2) are great imho.

Another thing I would welcome is an easier editor interface for some simple tasks. I've spent half a day to figure out how to spawn friendly/foe AI on certain spawn points, move to the war area ASAP and then do something instead of being sitting ducks. It still doesn't work as I'd like to see.

The editor and scripts are very powerful and I think Bohemia is insane of releasing Arma 2 Free for free, but the whole Arma could be much better. Why must I put a SOM on a map and copy-paste jibberish in an init only to be able to walk around and request some support? Arma2 freeplay with only the SOM and ambient combat are a game on its own.

The greatest game ever, but some animations are way too fast. In the Arma3 footage again, I see grass moving as if there's a chopper nearby.

They're not swaying that fast, but, they are moving in a rather odd uniform way, with seemingly little dynamic changes, but i'm gonna chalk that all up to it being an early build, and rightfully so for a lot of the things in the video.

They're not swaying that fast, but, they are moving in a rather odd uniform way, with seemingly little dynamic changes, but i'm gonna chalk that all up to it being an early build, and rightfully so for a lot of the things in the video.

The most effective grass-sway I've seen randomly alternates between two speeds of sway. About as cheap an effect as I've seen, but quite effective when seen across volumes of grass. Can't remember where I saw it though.

Since we saw

in arma 2 firing range, dont you think the chances of getting this in arma 3 are rather high?

They look like aliens

Agreed. But ... mods!

I meant about those things covering eyes.Like insect eyes.I would like a HUD you displayed but only on one eye.

To be honest, i would also prefer them being only on one eye ;)

but this is just one concept the team made and nevertheless i will wait until i can play it and then say wether i like it or dont.

Meanwhile i just enjoy the details you can see on those models

An old idea i had.Some kind of goggles like NV goggles but for day use with integrated ballistic computer and hip firing device so you can shoot accurately and know distance to your target.Crazy idea,but it's 2025 ;)

An old idea i had.Some kind of goggles like NV goggles but for day use with integrated ballistic computer and hip firing device so you can shoot accurately and know distance to your target.Crazy idea,but it's 2025 ;)

You've been watching entirely too much Ghost in the Shell lol.

You've been watching entirely too much Ghost in the Shell lol.

What's Ghost in the shell.I had this idea when i played ArmA2:OA using NVG.

Science fiction anime series and films. There's a technology featured on occasion they use for sharp shooting where they download ballistic data and locations via satellite to work out targeting probabilities and scenarios for likely-hood of success.

That's battlefield 3.

Edited by Petar

dude the thread is called "Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion".

so now explain me why you have posted a video of bf3....:(

ban request +1

Because i sucked, link corrected, sorry.

Thanks for the ban request btw

so there will be an interview the first august? ok...