Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

just watched.. hmm movement looks waaaay too fast. and ovarall arma 3 look is quite "regular" for casual shooters.. i have no idea what to think now.

Well, he's been running most of the time... one would expect being fast while running... I welcome the smoothness. Doesn't look clumsy at all anymore.

Could be that headbob was set very low.

Too bad the stream was really shit quality :( The new inventory looked interesting though!

Yeah, I have to re watch the damn thing...

Do we have a link for the video and not the live stream? I was late to the party!

Do we have a link for the video and not the live stream? I was late to the party!
Krazkilla uploaded
but its not the whole thing.

edit:

the second part

edit: Argh ninja'd

Thanks!

EDIT: I just finished watching the First video and it looks like game play and over all smoothness has been greatly improved the animations look a lot more natural than in ARMA II I'm very excited to see more recorded video instead of these low quality ones... or heck even beta\alpha! I would love to help make this game better!

Edited by PvtDancer

I just finished watching the First video and it looks like game play and over all smoothness has been greatly improved the animations look a lot more natural than in ARMA II I'm very excited to see more recorded video instead of these low quality ones... or heck even beta\alpha! I would love to help make this game better!

Yes it does look very smooth and responsive. my only complaint is that the movement speed seems pretty damn fast, but maybe thats just my mine playing tricks on me. Physics still isn't done either (as you'll find out for yourself). All 3 parts are now at armaholic as well.

He was only running but I could see how you would think that. Maybe it is part of the new mechanics with weight and load out that make it seem that way. Then again it could just be the way we are looking at it through the camera.

I would like to see where they go with the physics and what they include, for instance, is it just the physics of objects? or will there be soft body damage to vehicles and some other basic objects? trees will we be able to knock them over? though maybe this has been covered I also thought somewhere I saw that they were making buildings destructible. either way this is all very exciting!

It was said that they want to allow the player to automatically download the mods of any server.

and I meant the self propelled mobile m109 howitzer! or some future model of it

Already on the list , it's the NLOS.

Already on the list , it's the NLOS.

Are you sure, the howitzer in the video wasnt that an opfor vehicle?

Are you sure, the howitzer in the video wasnt that an opfor vehicle?

To me it looked like the ones we saw in the printed version of PC Gamer last year. Anyway they both serve the same purpose :)

Hey maionaze, maybe 'smoother movements' could be added to the confirmed list.

Strange fact: Everytime I order mayonnaise with my chicken snitzel burger it reminds me of maionaze

To me it looked like the ones we saw in the printed version of PC Gamer last year. Anyway they both serve the same purpose :)

If you mean bomb the crap out of everything then yeah :D

List updated with the UAV and the AA Namer.

I'm not sure if I should classify vehicles like the Merkava NLOS or AA Namer as separate vehicles or just make a different list section for vehicle modules that can be added to the base model... :confused:

What would you guys prefer?

What would you guys prefer?

Look at the map in briefing of Supports mission and see the name for Namer AA :icon_twisted: Or ask some camera to do this for You :icon_twisted:

Look at the map in briefing of Supports mission and see the name for Namer AA :icon_twisted: Or ask some camera to do this for You :icon_twisted:

Wasn't it called the Panther in it's APC form :confused: Plus, the videos we got until now have super best #1 quality so that wont help :p

Wasn't it called the Panther in it's APC form :confused: Plus, the videos we got until now have super best #1 quality so that wont help :p

Don't forget Doupe.cz was right here in our office, they should launch their vid and article anytime soon (hopefully not Valve time) :icon_twisted:

Interrogative: Why does the supposedly caseless MX rifle throw out shell casings when being fired in the E3 preview video? It makes sense to have an ejection port to clear out malfunctions (doublefeeds, dead rounds, etc), but a caseless design should at best spit a little puff of smoke. Or is it not caseless afterall? Confused here

Sad news. In doube.cz interview Mr. Ivan mentoined they consider inclusion of ToH flight model but what you currently see is old flight model.