Sign in to follow this  
doonbugie

Merkava... IDF??

Why would real-world politics keep anyone from enjoying a GAME?

In this case I'm sure you can guess why. :cool:

IDF, US, EU (GER, FR, UK) and Islamic Republic of Iran would be awesome.

+1. Tired of people hiding behind politics to keep out possible nations out of the game that others would enjoy having added. I never saw any public out cries or protests or burning of building over PR bringing the IDF into BF2. :rolleyes:

Israel is not a NATO member. Personally I would prefer BIS steer away from any IDF portrayal, wayyyyyyyy too much "politics" in that. :(

weird isn't it ?

Pleeeze I hope I wouldn't need a new rig to run it in 2012.

I can play ArmA 2 CO+BAF+PMC on all high atm.

We want a beautiful graphics that runs well and smooth.

Why should politics matter in a game, authentic representation or no, by limiting ourselves to the real world we limit the types and places of warfare we could have and by that limit ourselves to what fun we could have with it.

Israel is not a NATO member. Personally I would prefer BIS steer away from any IDF portrayal, wayyyyyyyy too much "politics" in that. :(

The "politics" is in that because you have created it. This is a video game. It is like getting upset that chess is played between "White" pieces and "Black" pieces and that "White" always makes the first move.

I would love to see the IDF in ARMA3, it would be a nice change, and the politics its up to the mission makers to choose how the use the IDF...

Why be so sensitive, in OA we could bomb mosques and so on, and nobody raised a eyebrow, so let it be up to the community and mission makers to define the ethics and if a player don't like or disagree, just play we the US or what else there will be coming...!

Israel would do anything to maintain its security and control over Palestine. If NATO had too many commitments to continue supporting Israel and a Middle Eastern power offered a military alliance with designs on Europe, Israel would have little problem lending a hand. It's no more unlikely than Europe being at war with Turkey, for chrissakes.

Edit: Good point earlier. An armed neutrality with significant armaments sales would be more likely. The Merkava won't be all of that by the time the game takes place.

Politics have nothing to do with it. The Yanks invaded A-stan, thats politics, so why is it mentioned/featured in almost every single FPS? Politics is a problem only if you choose to make it one.

ANYWHO, according to the ArmA 3 story, it takes place in a middle eastern island (maybe Cyprus or some sort of a knock off?). We sell hardware to everyone, so it wouldn't be a suprise if you'll see Israeli hardware, but I myself would like to see the IDF as a faction (either integrated into NATO/BlueFor/OpFor). A change from current FPS prespective is always welcome. Too much US/Britan vs Russia/China in recent years.

But the french tanks only go backwards.

You killed me right there hahahha

ANYWHO, according to the ArmA 3 story, it takes place in a middle eastern island (maybe Cyprus or some sort of a knock off?).

It takes place on an island modelled after the real-life Greek island of Lemnos, nothing to do with the middle-east.

just throwing it out there, but hasn't been all the IDF doing the invading in the last 30 years?

just throwing it out there, but hasn't been all the IDF doing the invading in the last 30 years?

Oh dear...

FPDR

It's a definitive refreshing factor to have the IDF ingame.

Btw, why do the US soldiers look like Australians?:D

It's a definitive refreshing factor to have the IDF ingame.

Btw, why do the US soldiers look like Australians?:D

Aussies and yanks look the same, unless you mean the camo???

Yep, I meant the camo.

Well, if you look REAL closely, those troops are actually Australians. They just wear American flags so the enemy underestimates them.

Obviously, we're not part of NATO or the Eastern armies, we're probably just killing everyone else as part of a huge, globe-wide Sunday sesh. Business as usual.

[srs]yeahIknowwe'reanobservernationofNATO[/srs]

Just take aside any connection to real world in ArmA III. The whole setting is highly fictional with fictional forces, fictional conflict and fictional weaponry.

it is FICTION and since it is the 2020's is is Science fiction so there is no need to discuss any of it.

ArmA III is a SCIENCE FICTION shooter like Aliens: Colonial Marines. get it.

Well, if you look REAL closely, those troops are actually Australians. They just wear American flags so the enemy underestimates them.

Obviously, we're not part of NATO or the Eastern armies, we're probably just killing everyone else as part of a huge, globe-wide Sunday sesh. Business as usual.

[srs]yeahIknowwe'reanobservernationofNATO[/srs]

Maybe we´re witnessing the customized loadout/uniform feature here. The flag and the camo could be player selected. :V Just like the uniform colour for the diver in the VBS 1.50 pdf.

Just like the uniform colour for the diver in the VBS 1.50 pdf.

I expect this sums up what will be happening in this regard.

Just take aside any connection to real world in ArmA III. The whole setting is highly fictional with fictional forces, fictional conflict and fictional weaponry.

it is FICTION and since it is the 2020's is is Science fiction so there is no need to discuss any of it.

ArmA III is a SCIENCE FICTION shooter like Aliens: Colonial Marines. get it.

It's not science fiction. Being set in a near future alternate reality does not make it science fiction.

To be specific, science fiction refers to imagined major scientific, technological and social advances. There's nothing we've seen of Arma 3, so far, that couldn't be done in today, or at least in the next ten years.

Edited by Daniel

Ha, yeah ok, that's fictional. But it wouldn't require a major advancement of technological understanding to produce, would it? You just take the Hokum technology and bolt it onto a Havoc. Who knows, if it was ever produced it might prove to be an effective Russian export.