Sign in to follow this  
.kju

Authentic Mediterranean island

No idea if I was beaten to the punch, but I believe I've found the location of the first screenshot:

[images removed for the sake of page space]

(edit: 39° 53'57.80"N, 25° 4'16.28"E in case it's unreadable)

That is awesome!

I have to ask. Did you know where to start before hand by reading previous speculations about the island of Lemnos, or did you just start searching and stumble upon it?

I'd been following the ARG, so I knew it was probably Lemnos. I brought the island up and started searching along the coast - I was looking for places with two tiny islets jutting out from a small peninsula.

The first time I searched for a few minutes and didn't find anything, so I gave up thinking it must be some other island. The second time I was actually just looking around to see what the terrain and ground cover was like, and checking out photos on Panoramio, and at one point I suddenly realized I'd found it.

Credit goes to Blu3sman too, he narrowed it down to Lemnos going off of nothing but "image no. 5" and a piece of info from earlier in the ARG.

Edited by cctoide

see...there is a link...guess what it does when you click on it? would you want to try it? promise it doesn't bite

Can i call you GLaDOS?

I am really hoping that they add some forests of various sizes... even if they are ficticiuos compared to the real island. Last thing we need is a completely de-forested landscape! :eek:

From the looks of it, it'll probably be a bit like South Sahrani.

I am really hoping that they add some forests of various sizes... even if they are ficticiuos compared to the real island. Last thing we need is a completely de-forested landscape! :eek:

I, for one hoping the complete opposite, I won't be able to upgrade my computer so I will have to run at like very low for everything, forests will lag the SHIT out of me and most people that can't get a NASA super computer for one epic game

Maybe we could play another game. :) How many things do you think are photoshopped?

I think those are unaltered in-engine screenshots.

I expect nothing less from a proud studio like BI. :)

Yes with BIS and Arma 2 you never get CGI its all 100% ingame. I think they just used an ingame color filter like the "movie day" module in Arma 2 OA

Well I hope BIS manages to catch the flair of a small mediterean town like Mirina.

But remember guys, mediterean town mostly don't have large roads. Instead of that you have really narrow roads where cars can't drive.

lemnosxenodochion450.jpg?w=450&h=468

You won't be able to drive a Tank through that (well of course you would, but not in current Arma Engine)

I'm really curious how the AI will handle that

I'm really curious how the AI will handle that

Probably like a moth against a light bulb. :confused:

Tonci87: I remember the problems we had with brand new humvees in narrow village streets of Bosnia ;)

i wonder how many residents of the real limnos are aware their sleepy little island is going to be featured in an upcoming war-game? :p

i have probably missed something, but do we have confirmation on the size of the ingame island? the real one has 477km but bis might have shrunk it down a bit...

It has been pretty much confirmed to be 380 km2, 2.4 times the size of takistan

It has been pretty much confirmed to be 380 km2, 2.4 times the size of takistan

I keep asking this...but where was this confirmed?

Damu stated that the new island in Arma3 will be 2.4 times the size of Takistan in one of the threads about the new terrain.

€: Here you go *click*

Edited by Derbysieger

Ah, Damu strikes again. Next time I see something I haven't seen confirmed, I'm just gonna search his posts lol.

nice, thats good to know. i certainly hope that he is talking about only the land portions of the map, and not including the water portions.

with ArmA1 we got the idea of "its 400km2!" wile the actual island obviously occupied a small portion of that