Sign in to follow this  
CriminalMinds

Hitman 5: Absolution announced

here is a video that mixes the trailer with some leaker ingame footage. If you ask me, it looks like assasin creed with guns...too much violence, too little stealth...pity

C0w21Cvuq_A

Edited by PuFu

I haven't read the article yet. Just a couple of comments. Apparently there are now highlighted routes and visual clues, which makes me wonder how much some folks out there needs a holding hand when things get a bit difficult.

It might be just like with the map in the other Hitman games, where as you turn up the difficulty it shows you less info.

Really looking forward to this one, still have good memories from Blood Money.

About damn time that Kane and Lynch crap came to an end, why they completely abandoned intelligent gameplay and went for mindless crap I don't know.

P9VY_mIK3B4

There will be stealth alot ,but theres mission where cops are looking for you - thats why there will be more action - am sure there will be missions with same stealth like in older Hitman games

WTF? They made it so 47 can READ MINDS?

It's really about making it fun. All games should be fun.

What really bugs me off with this game is not only that I am very worried that it will be dumbed down, but also the fact that Jesper Kryd won't create the soundtrack for the game anymore, aswell as Bateson won't be 47's voiceactor. Also, a members at their official forums said he mailed Bateson about this:

''From: david@davidbateson.dk

Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 12:56:32 +0200

Subject: Re: Hitman Absolution - New Voice Actor?

To: emil_beerholt@hotmail.com

Hi Emil

The absolute truth is: no one from IO Interactive is answering my calls, e-mails or sms. Feeling very let down at the moment but I haven't heard personally

Cheers

David

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 10, 2011, at 0:32, <emil_beerholt@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi David

I'm a big fan of the Hitman series and your voice work, which is why I'm writing this email. According to a recent article in video game magazine Edge, IO interactive allegedly dropped you as the voice actor for Agent 47 and went with someone else. I was very shocked when I heard about this, and I felt like IO had betrayed not only you, but the fans aswell. The Hitman fans have grown to love your distinctive voice as Agent 47, and many of them are now literally going crazy over at the hitmanforum.com, demanding an answer from IO. Is there any way you can confirm or deny this? If not, maybe a short and vague comment about it? I would really appreciate that, and I think all of your fans would too. If it is in fact true, then I can safely say that Hitman will never be the same again. I will keep this between us, if that is what you wish.

Thank you for all your work. Now if you'll excuse me, "I need to use the bathroom". ;-)

Sincerely''

Edited by Cyper

That's weird. Why would they drop a popular voice actor when he even seems to want the role?

He only needs to record about five lines since 47 hardly talks :p

Although dumbification began long time ago lately lots of producers went into extreme retard mode.I truly hope it's not Hitman case too.Did the "special" category really exploded this year or something that so many devs jumped on it?

So no Jesper Kyd(I love his work,I listen some of his soundtracks even when I'm not playing a game).

No Bateson voice

Too much action(maybe I'm wrong and it's only the trailer)

Bring on mark&execute,regen health and some visual tips that say "this npc threatens you with a gun".

I cannot understand why they didn't want Bateson as 47s voiceactor. That must eventually be the most stupid move one can make and as a matter of fact It's been causing a fuzz at official forums.

I fear the worst for the future of the hitman series....