Sign in to follow this  
Sumrak

Arma 2: Namalsk Crisis

Can we keep all parts of this active with our regular launch/addons or should we create a seperate launch for it?

I will recommend you separate launch, mod have for better access Namalsk as default island (so it will load Namalsk every launch), but it is up to you.

Yes this really is an awesome effort so far im loving it!!!

Sooo much atmosphere, it's crazy!

The music for the intro of the first mission 'Coast 1' is brilliant!

I love the way it interacts with the lighthouse search light!

What is the name of that song?

Thanks ;)

I think, you mean Vegas by Jesper Kyd.

To all:

I have discovered unfortunately some really basic mistake in mission 10 :(

I really don't know what happened, but I'm on it and I will bring fix as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

Sumrak

One question. I love the ambient sounds but some of them sound like a dream sequence. Like the kids playing, it sounds fantastic for a sort of creepy atmosphere but when playing it like a normal milsim, it just sounds weird and out of place. I know this may sound far fetched, would it be possible to include all the ambient as a module? As I said, love them but not for every occasion. Perhaps tone down the reverberation / echo effect?

Also, possible to turn down the volume of it? It deafens everything else, I can hear birds chirping, kids playing and some industrial noise humming over my gunshots, it's coming on a bit strong :)

Once again, thanks for a fantastic map.

Namalsk Crisis, v1.00 hotfix

Changelog and details:

* Fixed

- Problems with mission 10 after calling support

List of files:

ns_missions.pbo

ns_missions.pbo.NST.bisign

Installation:

Extract following archive into @NC\Addons\ folder or just into your custom folder, where are Namalsk Crisis files located and confirm overwrite.

Download:

I'm apologize, just really stupid mistake caused by wrong brackets (I should not to write c#, sqf, php at one time), I have really no idea how it passed through testing, anyway, it should definitely be fine now ;)

Thank you for your patience!

Sumrak

Please, use the Update 1 here http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1958380&postcount=125 , thanks!

Edited by Sumrak

Remember: thinking that putting 20 soldiers at once against a player without any auto-save points is a challenge - is wrong, it's a bad design

thinking that putting enemies 5 meters behind aiming at your head is challenging - is wrong, it's a bad design once again.

And I'm not talking about stealth missions. I'm talking about missions like that with Tunguska where everyone just jumps on you the moment you kill a dude in Vorkuta to grab his weapon

Anything that forces you to play a save/load game is a bad design

and noone is forcing you to play, you seem like a COD player, but that's just my opinion, again noone is forcing you to play. if you don't like it don't play it. Congrats on the release sumrak it's been a long time :)

Then one might argue "Turn them off" but ArmA without AI addons is terrible.

Yeh vanilla arma maybe. This is a mod. It will affect the overall game.

Remember: thinking that putting 20 soldiers at once against a player without any auto-save points is a challenge - is wrong, it's a bad design

thinking that putting enemies 5 meters behind aiming at your head is challenging - is wrong, it's a bad design once again.

And I'm not talking about stealth missions. I'm talking about missions like that with Tunguska where everyone just jumps on you the moment you kill a dude in Vorkuta to grab his weapon

Anything that forces you to play a save/load game is a bad design

Mate all I can say is take a different approach. All out war doesn't always work.

I have finished the entire campaign. The only times I was stuck like this was because of the line I had chosen through the mission, or because I was being really dumb :p

Yeh vanilla arma maybe. This is a mod. It will affect the overall game.

It will effect the visual, the AI will still be toy soldiers with not a care in the world. Doesn't make for fun scenarios.

It will effect the visual, the AI will still be toy soldiers with not a care in the world. Doesn't make for fun scenarios.

Do you mean the AI will still not care without the mods running? From my experience they will only ever mess you up the moment you look away? :confused:

Rule of thumb, when playing a user campaign, don't us AI/conversion mods unless specified, as it will affect things.

If you've ever made a mission yourself you'll know that some units have been told to do certain things, mods will often break that command.

I've played about 5 mins of this and I am really impressed with the quality already. Amazing job!

The campaign is quite good insofar, few grammatical and spelling errors here and there, but excellent for a non-native speaker.

One gripe I have is with 1.11 of Namalsk. I enjoy making missions for Namalsk, and am hoping to make more in the future. However, the new ambience sound is driving me nuts when I'm going for the "Namalsk the empty and run-down ex-Soviet island" feel rather than the "spooky Namalsk crawling with Stalkers, mutants and zombies" feel that the new sounds evoke.

I humbly request that in a future patch the current ambience be made a soundfile used in the campaign only and that Namalsk gets back the ambient noises it had in 1.10. :)

Namalsk crisis = 22 missions. How long is this campaign 6-10 hours or more?

Namalsk crisis = 22 missions. How long is this campaign 6-10 hours or more?

If you hit it hard yeah. Some missions allow you to wander a bit though, so it can take longer if you like to peruse your environment and go for all the secondaries.

The mission where you have to take out the radars for example. I found a UAZ, then a BRDM or something and stocked it up with gear I found. I spent a while cruising around in that checking out different places. Of course radiation stops you getting everywhere :D

@Grub

Thanks for info.

I like long campaigns and missions :)

Thanks all :)

Rule of thumb, when playing a user campaign, don't us AI/conversion mods unless specified, as it will affect things.

If you've ever made a mission yourself you'll know that some units have been told to do certain things, mods will often break that command.

:yeahthat:

To ambient sounds:

Actually, ambient sounds were not changed much since 1.10 - the main change came in location, where are some buildings (aka "houses"), there is a fresh new sound (in 1.10, it generated very strange issue with sometimes double playing ambient).

Arma itself is generating very strange issue (at least for me), when I'm using alt + tab or just in window mode switching windows, volume of ambient sound is greatly increased...

Do you mean the AI will still not care without the mods running? From my experience they will only ever mess you up the moment you look away? :confused:

I already said that exact same thing, why do you keep quoting me, trying to correct my ways? I know AI addons change the, uhm, AI in waypoint based missions - Derp. I just commented on his work and said it was a shame I won't be able to enjoy his campaign because of it. That's why I also only make and play missions where they are based around open combat and lightly scripted / waypointed AI, so improved movement won't hinder the mission structure, only make it more fun and challenging. I'm saying it's a shame because what I saw from the start of the campaign was very good, a lot of work has been put into and I really enjoy solo-ops missions, like the first one.

Once again Sumrak, thanks for a brilliant map and it wasn't to rain on your parade. It's a quality map and I'm already in love <3 Thank you for the comment on the ambient sounds.

Edited by Sethos

I just wanted to say thanks for bringing us this mod. The atmosphere is amazing and the campaign is very challenging. I love that it partially feels more like a survival horror rather than mil-sim, which is great for playing it at night ;)

yay , you fixed that problem very fast :D, now i'm going to kill some NAC dudes

I have a question, i like shot to zombies :). In how many missions in this campaign i will fight with zombies and bloodsuckers?

I can not download this campaign before sunday wenn i gona back in home so i need litle info about this.

By the way, love your zombies, is it possible to add them as a group in Mission Editor in your next release, perhaps even a spawn module ala Undead Mod, so you can have them spawn at random in a set zone? That would be so awesome :)

Sumrak congrats with your release.

Already played first 3 missions and they are good, nice enviorment. The only thing i mis a little is the voice acting, it will add a lot of dialog towards the story if you could manage voice acting in this campaign.

Everything else +10 ;)

tom3kb:

If I'm not wrong, it is about 6 missions ;) But trust me, it is not going to be easy :p Zombies are dumb, they usually get known about themselves, but bloodsuckers, they are pretty fast and you need to listen carefully to the environment :)

Sethos:

I have the goal to have my mutants much simple as possible, anyway, I will think about it, what can be done for them more. Spawn module is already done, although you cannot set exact area, spawning can be controlled (on off) and you can also use some item to protect important people. ;) (check modules section, it is described there to the details)

Sumrak congrats with your release.

Already played first 3 missions and they are good, nice enviorment. The only thing i mis a little is the voice acting, it will add a lot of dialog towards the story if you could manage voice acting in this campaign.

Everything else +10 ;)

Thanks, yeah, I miss it little too, but, because of an amount of radio texts there, I was not able to do it in some normal time :(

Maybe in my next project, I will try to create something easier for me, so, even voice acting would be possible :)

Just little reminder for all,

Having problems with support of Michael in mission 10? Click here for small hotfix!

Nice work Sumrak. I started the campaign last night...all went very well (I completed up to mission 3).

The campaign is very atmosheric, ...brilliant like all of your work.

Thanks very much for your time in making this...I will very much enjoy my time playing it.

A few typo's in the briefing are the only faults to report.

Thanks

Frosty

Nice work Sumrak. I started the campaign last night...all went very well (I completed up to mission 3).

The campaign is very atmosheric, ...brilliant like all of your work.

Thanks very much for your time in making this...I will very much enjoy my time playing it.

A few typo's in the briefing are the only faults to report.

Thanks

Frosty

Really? :o

Really? :o

Yeah please don't report the problems you are having, just indicating you are having them is just... great!