Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

I pray that BI's announcement today, if it is really Arma3, will state what engine it will be built on and make it very clear what kind of technology they are using. Just so all the new engine / Outerra speculation finally stops.

We will get well over 1000 pages thats for sure ^^ its going to go wild, of course thats if they do release any information or if its really ecxiting information lol

do you really think Ondrej will give up his baby (Real Virtuality) for something fresh for the COD kiddies that seem to be filtering over here?

Hell no they will lose the mayority of their real fan core i bet :eek:

You seem to forget that Take on helicopters will be civilian based and maybe 5% of it will have links to the military. Secondly, how do the hints we received in the hacks corelate to the ToH? E.g. the ball breaking the wall, "the world will change", submarine picture etc etc.

I am sure it is NOT related to ToH besides that the developer is the same...

You seem to forget that Take on helicopters will be civilian based and maybe 5% of it will have links to the military. Secondly, how do the hints we received in the hacks corelate to the ToH? E.g. the ball breaking the wall, "the world will change", submarine picture etc etc.

You seem to forget that they can expand the game like Take on Tanks ships and so on? The game it selves has a lot more possibilities then only civic related content. Maybe it is just a part of something bigger and that does not mean that they can not build the next armaverse on the upgraded RV3

Kind regards

I pray that BI's announcement today, if it is really Arma3, will state what engine it will be built on and make it very clear what kind of technology they are using. Just so all the new engine / Outerra speculation finally stops.

I'm with you. Hopefully maybe a screenie or 20. And a teaser video... :)

I'm with you. Hopefully maybe a screenie or 20. And a teaser video... :)

20 Screenshots > 15 second video.

Wait, both of them would be amazing.

What does it being "civilian" have anything to do with it? The RealVirtuality engine has fantastic simulation of everything "military".

Just about anything else has no direct correlation to "civilian/military". Apparently anything civilian don't use engine optimizations, physics, realistic flight models (yeah i know its a helicopter sim but thats military stuff right?), audio enhancements or a thousand other things that could be improved for that game and filtered over to the ArmA series.

I'm willing to bet your made up "5%" statistic is far from reality. You seem to not have been around long enough to understand the ways of the Spanel brothers and Bohemia Interactive.

PC Gamer Interview

PCG: I’m being dumb here, but: will I be able to shoot things? There’s nothing especially military that’s be shown in the trailer or screenshots, but with the damage and ballistics modeling that you already have in place, it’d be a shame if it went to waste…

JC: Take On is certainly a civil-oriented game, but–given our experience with military-based gameplay–we can’t help it if a few scenarios sneak in around the side! It’s a little early to talk about specifics, but I can confirm that Take On Helicopters exists within the context and operates within the rules of the Armaverse–and we all know that a war or two broke out.

e5030220.png

I'd prefer 20 :p

Here is the ironic part about your statement. It IS unrealistic for them to make a new engine.

Everybody seems to forget about that "Take On: Helicopters" game. You know.. the one with the upgraded RV3 engine that will propagate upgrades/features/changes to the [rest of?] ArmAverse.

First, why would 1 developer want to use two completely different engines for development at the same time? But most importantly, do you really think Ondrej will give up his baby (Real Virtuality) for something fresh for the COD kiddies that seem to be filtering over here?

Well its no secret that CQB is frustrating in Arma, and theres no evidence as yet that RV has done anything to address this.

I think its more got to do with RV not being well optimised since not everyone can afford to build a new rig (i know i can't). If TOH is a upgraded engine, all we know about its abilities is that it has a higher draw distance, more detail and a better physics engine. However for some of us that implies even harsher system requirements.

We've all been raving about Outerra because its system requirements are lenient, it has seamless orbit to atmosphere capability and the best thing of all? Looks FANTASTIC even at alpha stage, and since we're all arma addicts, we can see the implications of these features.

I also hate the way that aircraft and helos simply look too big for the landscape, so a better sense of scale that still provides core Arma infantry gameplay would be a plus for us pilots. We just don't know what the TOH engine will do.

Which is why an engine confirmation on the announcement would be a relief to us all.

@MadDogX or anyone that updates Arma Enigma wiki

Make sure you write down the announcement on the Arma Enigma wiki, I will go to sleep and wake up with hundreds more pages and it will take ages to find what they say

Good night m8... you will miss the moment when the world will colapse :)

How about "both" a new DLC/expansion pack for ArmA2 and an new ArmA3 in the pipeline a few years later?:D

Make sure you write down the announcement on the Arma Enigma wiki, I will go to sleep and wake up with hundreds more pages and it will take ages to find what they say

It's the Groundhod day, tomorrow you'll wake up on the 18th again !

I'd prefer 20 :p

Well its no secret that CQB is frustrating in Arma, and theres no evidence as yet that RV has done anything to address this.

I think its more got to do with RV not being well optimised since not everyone can afford to build a new rig (i know i can't). If TOH is a upgraded engine, all we know about its abilities is that it has a higher draw distance, more detail and a better physics engine. However for some of us that implies even harsher system requirements.

We've all been raving about Outerra because its system requirements are lenient, it has seamless orbit to atmosphere capability and the best thing of all? Looks FANTASTIC even at alpha stage, and since we're all arma addicts, we can see the implications of these features.

I also hate the way that aircraft and helos simply look too big for the landscape, so a better sense of scale that still provides core Arma infantry gameplay would be a plus for us pilots. We just don't know what the TOH engine will do.

Which is why an engine confirmation on the announcement would be a relief to us all.

Sure, its orbit to atmospheric capability and low system requirements are all valid points. But theres the whole thing of Outtera has NOTHING else implemented feature wise that would be required of the ArmA series.

Okay... they do have driving implemented. As for your CQB and such? Only plus side is they have a clean slate to work with to implement whatever. Downside is that same fact, they have nothing yet.

@ArmAriffic

How can you sleep at a time like this oh mighty Thread Starter!?? :D

Edited by ]NTRUDER
@

im sure that armaholic and bis homepage will tell you about the anouncement too :)

i definitely put all my money on an announcement of arma 3, thats for sure.

but iam also sure that it will just be an announcement, screens and a trailer will be shown at E3 and the final game will propably be very far away...

i still think that this nvidia driver profile is the best avidence.

We've all been raving about Outerra because its system requirements are lenient

How would you know that? Because its developers said so?

PLUS, i am certain A2 without buildings and only 4 faced trees would run even on my laptop...

How about "both" a new DLC/expansion pack for ArmA2 and an new ArmA3 in the pipeline a few years later?:D

Something is whispering in my ears that it is unlikely, They have carier command and Take on hellicopters. It is said already before that they had unnanounced content for ArmA2. So with all the info the community found with the hacks and some post i have being backtracking i am more a believer that it will be a DLC/ Upgrade or a Expantion of the current game with some extras on the engine we already have.

I also think it would be to soon and to fast to think of ArmA3 already, but who am i hey :rolleyes:

kind regards

but iam also sure that it will just be an announcement, screens and a trailer will be shown at E3 and the final game will propably be very far away...

BzzzzzZZZZzzZ! How can you say that?!

There have to at least be screens. Have to... screens... must see...

Sure, its orbit to atmospheric capability and low system requirements are all valid points. But theres the whole thing of Outtera has NOTHING else implemented feature wise that would be required of the ArmA series.

Okay... they do have driving implemented. As for your CQB and such? Only plus side is they have a clean slate to work with to implement whatever. Downside is that same fact, they have nothing yet.

It also has a decent fixed wing flight model, and as much as i love Arma and flying, its crap. As i said, all we can see with Outerra is potential. Just because we haven't seen it from Outerra devs doesn't mean BIS could have had a stab at it.

As has been stated, its still in Alpha. My understanding of their mission statement is to provide the base world in which the developer can modify whatever the hell they like, including modifications to the engine code.

PLUS, i am certain A2 without buildings and only 4 faced trees would run even on my laptop...

Got a better idea then? Besides last time i checked this wasn't being made by CM/EA/Acti, so i'm inclined to trust them.

Edited by Innomadic

ArmA2 in minecraft engine! Who would have though that?:p

Edited by 4 IN 1

im sure that armaholic and bis homepage will tell you about the anouncement too :)

i definitely put all my money on an announcement of arma 3, thats for sure.

i still think that this nvidia driver profile is the best avidence.

Perhaps just an announcement, how boring it may sound at the moment...*spoiled*

Question though:

Why would Nvidia create a driver profile for a game that is to be released 1-2 yeards from now? (I don't know how that stuff works so I'm curious)

its only 8:11pm :confused: :p

its only 8:11pm :confused: :p

When I go to bed, i go to bed around 10:30

Edited by ArmAriffic

NTRUDER;1927626']Perhaps just an announcement' date=' how boring it may sound at the moment...*spoiled*

[b']Question though[/b]:

Why would Nvidia create a driver profile for a game that is to be released 1-2 yeards from now? (I don't know how that stuff works so I'm curious)

Maybe those setting were meant to be inhouse testing for BI but somehow left there when nV release a public version of that driver?