Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

I guess I'll be the lone voice of pessimism here...

You may believe that it seems you're the only one, but that's because I've been deleting the posts of all the incessant & impatient spammers who keep cluttering this thread saying "IM BORED PLZ RELEASE INFO SO I DUNT HAV 2 WORK ANYMOAR" with the interesting thing being that most of them haven't contributed to it at all prior to their post. With that in mind, thanks for reinforcing my point.

I haven't handed out any spamming infractions yet for stuff like this, as well as other useless posts in here, but if the cases get extreme then it will start happening. Be warned.

Edited by Zipper5

Why the numbers were in groups of three?

Also, shall we consider the last question, as it was added last-minute, probably as a clue to the community?

Hard questions...

So we're not allowed to post in this thread with anything other than praise for this easter egg hunt?

It's dead easy, don't post unless you're trying to solve the puzzles. Pick another thread to discuss to ethos behind what BIS are doing, praise/moaning included.

Also the D-Day anniversary, the largest seaborne invasion in history.

And June 6th is also Sweden's National Day :)

(our Independence day / Union day)

On topic (not) I think that Take On testing info was cool. Too bad I don't live in that part of Europe though..

Alright, well I think it's fair to assume that June 6th will be either the release of all the information, or the release of information that is significant to the puzzle.

Operative;1925688']Why the numbers were in groups of three?

Also' date=' shall we consider the last question, as it was added last-minute, probably as a clue to the community?

Hard questions...[/quote']

I don't think they were in groups of 3. I think they just did that because it was a number that they went into easily (3x7=21)

I've found this calculator. Really nice thing, but don't know if useful.

Converting the numbers in groups of three I get 43 109 187 48 6 37 114, converting them all together I get 4418735842374954.

Omg, this is killing me ;(

Ok I am not up to date! What are the numbers about. As far as I understand we need to calculate a date out of them. Am I right? :confused:

yeah praise and solutions to the puzzel and have a little bit of joke on.. in a positive way to keep spirits up! not posting negative crap to make people pissed off :)

Any news on the conference?

Well the conference/lecture was meant to finish at 20:30 Czech time (CEST?) so should be over now. Not sure if any info has come out of it yet?

do you know if somebody participated there who can deliever some information to us? ( maybe even an registered user?)

BTW who was able to visit this? was it only a party of elected journalists and people working in the bussiness?

well i searched a bit through the list of FB users who said they will join the event and there is staff from companies such as AV MEDIA, of course people from CIANT and multiple independent web designer or similar

and didnt it start at 19:00 ? FB post has this as a time in it

i think this event was very interesting also for our topic!

Edited by PurePassion

Not related well could be for future...

(Render to Render TOH) there is 2 other small bouns vids too

Operative;1925688']Why the numbers were in groups of three?

Because writing numbers in groups makes them easier to read. The actual results are: 111301511120010101310. If you can make any more sense out of them than we have, be my guest.

Also guys, don't get too hung up on June 6th - it wasn't exactly the awesome reveal one would hope for when solving such a puzzle. I simply took one road, interpreted the data in a certain way and came up with a reasonable looking result. As I said in the post, it was a little far fetched. ;)

I'm still hoping we will come up with something a little more substantial.

do you know if somebody participated there who can deliever some information to us? ( maybe even an registered user?)

BTW who was able to visit this? was it only a party of elected journalists and people working in the bussiness?

and didnt it start at 19:00 ? FB post has this as a time in it

i think this event was very interesting also for our topic!

I've been through everyone listed as attending to see if they have tweeted anything but none of them seem to have written a single word about it (the ones that have accounts on twitter).

Maybe someone has already pointed this out, but I've just noticed that the questions in the AAN article aren't numbered, which is also why I was able to interpret them as starting with zero instead of one.

Perhaps it has some other meaning though. In a quiz with 21 questions, surely they would normally have numbered them. There is even a hint of sorts to it:

The quiz is reprinted here exactly as we received it:

That is definitely a hint to the format or content of the quiz. Why else would they have stressed that part?

21 x 2 = 42

Yes yes, very nice. Now upstairs to bed, dear. The grownups are talking.

Yes yes, very nice. Now upstairs to bed, dear. The grownups are talking.

Well that wasn't called for.

I don't think the date is the final thing. There is no real payoff to the game if that is what we get from it. There has to be something else but I have no idea what it is.

Edited by Jakerod

Can someone explain why it was decided that the number should be converted from senary into decimal, rather than decimal --> senary (which would give 35253411125034034041202042 :))

If VBS2 1.50 is anything to go off of, there is at least some very interesting tech that could be moved to Arma2, even with out an engine upgrade. I hope it involves some of that at least (though a whole new engine would be much much much more interesting... :p).

from AAN homepage

so we convinced the developers to at least hint when they will shed some light onto the matter

almost clear note for the the solution being a date if we just would be able to decrypt the current result somehow

Can someone explain why it was decided that the number should be converted from senary into decimal, rather than decimal --> senary (which would give 35253411125034034041202042 :))

Because it just happens to consist of the numbers 0 through 5, meaning it could be senary. And senary numbers are mentioned in the post, which is what pointed us in that direction in the first place. Interesting thought though.

Will check that out.

Well, 111 301 511 120 010 101 310 looks rather senary. It could be decimal aswell, but it looks senary (no algarisms above 5), this is the only explanation I could find.

I found something the numbers can be long and lat grid references!

Lat: 44.187358

Long: 42.374954

See this site http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html

Karachayevo-Cherkesskaya respublika, Russia

Sorry, it turns out someone pointed this out a while back

Edited by SW1

I found something the numbers can be long and lat grid references!

Lat: 44.187358

Long: 42.374954

See this site http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html

Chechnya??

That points to a road in Chechnya (well maybe Chechnya, I saw Grozny on the map kind of close to it.) However, the road that it is on is not accurate to the satellite image.

Reversing it puts you on the side of a mountain in what I think is Georgia.