Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

why would someone would hack these 3 sites??? these are sites for gamers and not really something for world/political purposes ...

all this work just for a msg nobody can understand (images) and everyone speculates about it.

sry again guys its just really sensless ...

The Army group boundaries on the map leave out Russia.

There's a strong belief that the map relates to WW3 (possible Arma 3 setting) with an invasion by Russia and it's allies (continuing on from the ArmA 2 story line)

the only thing i can figure out from the misspelled words is "presense" we either have "sense" or "pre-sense"

why would someone would hack these 3 sites??? these are sites for gamers and not really something for world/political purposes ...

all this work just for a msg nobody can understand (images) and everyone speculates about it.

It's not an actual hack. BIS designed it as a code game for use to figure out what they're going to announce. They got the community sites to help them leak the code.

From what we can figure, you have to figure out what the code is then input it somewhere to get the info.

And this is the 3rd "hack" in 5 days. It's not a real hack just the good ol' boyz at BIS having fun with us.

The "news" site Armaholic linked to in their first post about was AAN.

That's not a real news site. One of the languages it has is Chernarussian... yeah. AAN is also the news organization they use in their cutscenes.

I think you guys are going off the track too far with the YouTube references, and minutes/seconds into specific clips.

I think all that's relevant in the last hack is the image, not the content of the post, especially when the content is different on other sites.

i thought it was weird AAN had articles on obama though...

They just linked feeds from real news sites. Not hard to do.

I think you guys are going off the track too far with the YouTube references, and minutes/seconds into specific clips.

I think all that's relevant in the last hack is the image, not the content of the post, especially when the content is different on other sites.

i think the misspelled words might have something to do with it, but i know whatever the hidden message was is important. i did notice that the "message" on A2.com, is crudely shaped, its very jagged.

Wasn't there a quiz a while ago with misspelled words? Was it with the ion-Inc website? Maybe it's just really late and I'm not thinking straight.

The first youtube link "Oi3cEdaM6y4" doesn't seem to work for me...

The first "letter" O is actually the numerical 0 (zero)

I think the key is as someone said earlier

http://www.arma2.com/bin/null/thecode/

Yes, we did it.

You can too.

Just input the code.

p3R51An 8lacK Hat5 8oy5

Maybe we should think where the code should be entered?

AAN Online ? - its a news site- but i dont think so

ION ? - maybe, it has a client area- but i dont think so

I think it might be more of a link to a new site "dlc" or something like that. This is what BIS did in the past.

I agree with ghostnineone & Freeborne i think youtube is a miss

A lot of people think the code is a cypher and not related to youtube. Try going to youtube and entering a random 11 digit code. Try changing the numbers or letters in one of those codes. Each time you'll get no results.

Basically guessing a correct youtube code is 1 in a million, so the fact that all 3 codes happen to exactly corrispond with 3 youtube music clips can't possibly be a coincidence.

Bulldog is right.

Believing that it is a pure coincidence that all three are youtube video codes is just ignorance.

As trenchfeet said, we need to find out A) Where to enter this code. 2) What the code is

Basically guessing a correct youtube code is 1 in a million, so the fact that all 3 codes happen to exactly corrispond with 3 youtube music clips can't possibly be a coincidence.

Good point.

At least they didn't Rick Roll us.

I still think the Chinese characters have something to do with the codes...

fair enough...

I think until someone can crack (Below) we'll have to wait for the next clue.

0 0 1

6 9 0

7 5 9

Good point.

This forum would collectively shit itself if that happened.

Hey Guys,

I've been following this thread since page +/- 45 but I don't come here since that map was found(about that I had to buy a new keyboard because my F5 key was KIA :( ).

Well, there is something that is bugging me, and because of that I registered just to say this. xD

so: in that image with the white background and when the site was first hacked it's signed: (link)

p3R51An 8lacK Hat5 8oy5

What I don't understand is why the A in persian is uppercase but the second a in hats isn't.

So if we take only the leet and uppercase letters we get:

ERSIA BK HS BS

This doesn't seem's like nothing but it could be an anagram(swaped letters) of a sentence. IDK...

So after thinking a bit I thought it could be something like:

E(read: he), R(u)SIA BK(read: BacK or Because) H(a or i or e) BS(read: Bullshit, BackSite???) I don't know, maybe you guys know more military vocabulary and can find something useful to us... :)

Good point.

That'd be fantastic... haha

But instead of looking at Rick Astley trying to figure out what he's talking about, instead I'm watching Rhianna... much better.

If you take the first word spoken at each time code it basically comes out as :

Stone man weed. or Stone Man Have (not sure if weed fit in as he kind of says it when it's clicking over to the second)

Maybe there's a Stoneman somewhere that has the code.... or maybe that is the code.. no idea where to enter it though.

I still think the Chinese characters have something to do with the codes...

//lugiahus, The characters are just persia

so: in that image with the white background and when the site was first hacked it's signed: (link)

p3R51An 8lacK Hat5 8oy5

What I don't understand is why the A in persian is uppercase but the second a in hats isn't.

It may just be to look different... as original l33t speak did, but it may be something. Not sure.

I believe they took the name from the hacker group known as "The Iranian Boys Black Hat"

Also not sure why they're the Black Hats Boys, instead of Black Hat Boys (in the hacking community you have Black hat and white hat. Black being hacking and White being defence against hacking, but I've never seen it written as hats - plural)