Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

i dont understand where youtube came from in the first place...i dont see anything that leads there, and nothing ive seen about it has anything that will help with that cipher...im guessing that group of numbers at the bottom is either a. the key or matrix to the stuff above it or b. a separate cipher.

i dont understand where youtube came from in the first place...i dont see anything that leads there, and nothing ive seen about it has anything that will help with that cipher...im guessing that group of numbers at the bottom is either a. the key or matrix to the stuff above it or b. a separate cipher.

http://imageshack.us/f/638/hackedno.jpg/

Three columns corresponding to 3 YT vids, each with 11 symbol ID; second part in digits = time stamp in seconds. Now go look at the third one, I can't access it.

Something tells me it has to do with the espionage-scene. hacking is a form of spying, obtaining intel has to do with espionage, de-information also has to do with espionage.

Now it appears somebody has broken loose from prison, and is on the run again? And no, I do not know excactly whom you refer to Iroquois Pliskin... Bardak perhaps?

095 - "is he cheating? Man I don't know"

yeah, looks like it actually comes in at "Man, I don't know"

so we have :

Stone and Chain, He broke out of every prison..

Man, I don't know. I'm looking 'round for something else to throw..

Have you ever seen that scarecrow then you've seen me (in fact it may just fit in "weed" at the start of the line)

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

So basically we've got "stone" which roughly translates to "Kamenyy" as in the town on Utes, but that's as far as I can follow the links.

yeah, looks like it actually comes in at "Man, I don't know"

so we have :

Stone and Chain, He broke out of every prison..

Man, I don't know. I'm looking 'round for something else to throw..

Have you ever seen that scarecrow then you've seen me (in fact it may just fit in "weed" at the start of the line)

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

So basically we've got "stone" which roughly translates to "Kamenyy" as in the town on Utes, but that's as far as I can follow the links.

Waaaait. Any scarecrows on the premises? Possible sub base location? :eek:

P.S. And yes... I'm running around Utes this very moment.

Also, http://www.metrolyrics.com/the-wrestler-lyrics-bruce-springsteen.html

If you've ever seen that scarecrow then you've seen me

Have you ever seen a one-armed man punching at nothing but the breeze?

Someone escaping from somewhere on a sub. Spuk? ;)

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

http://imageshack.us/f/638/hackedno.jpg/

Three columns corresponding to 3 YT vids, each with 11 symbol ID; second part in digits = time stamp in seconds. Now go look at the third one, I can't access it.

i dunno, i cant help but think that has nothing to do with anything...especially when were trying to get a code of some sort...which is why i think that picture is some type of cipher instead...

Maybe if we found a DAY a MONTH and a YEAR we use in arma2.com for enter in website and maybe we could find a secret page.

Someone find a suspicious date with day, month and year?

i cannot try lol i try one but i'm too young now :)

or usi it http://www.arma2.com/bin/null/thecode/ for enter on website like a login and pass.

Edited by Dalia

Videos set to jump directly to timestamps reported by Yegor and Iroquois. (Right Click -> Copy Video URL at Current Time) If they aren't set to the proper digits change the last digits before the 's' in the URL.

Replace 'thecode' in the following link with whatever the code word is when you decipher the numbers/letters in the magic eye camo picture.

http://www.arma2.com/bin/null/thecode/

Hack 1 and 2 did not need to be solved in order. I'd say it's same for this hack. Each one will only give us a clue to what BIS is up to, but not unlock anything for the next hack.

So I'm going to assume all the info we need to find out the codeword is in the image.

Videos set to jump directly to timestamps reported by Yegor and Iroquois. (Right Click -> Copy Video URL at Current Time) If they aren't set to the proper digits change the last digits before the 's' in the URL.

If you're going with the same as the others (counting the numbers as seconds) then the last video is 109s (1:49s)

I've tried to translate word "persian" but it looks like 波斯语 in chineese

and "Persia" looks like the words in the code: 波斯

not a big difference but....

波斯语 = Farsi language in chinese.

Can some one sum up the 3rd hack for those of us who just woke up from slumber ? :P So we may continue on the investigation taking over from those going to slumber?

If you're going with the same as the others (counting the numbers as seconds) then the last video is 109s (1:49s)

If you take a margin of error of 1 second, you can then include "man is he cheating? I don't know." from Rihanna's clip, and that makes sense along with the escape from prison(s).

Where does this fit in - http://www.arma2.com/bin/null/thecode/ Could be a later task.

I'm now suspecting Spukayev to be MI6 on board HMS Astute. Ordo ab Chao. :yay:

波斯语 = Farsi language in chinese.

Can some one sum up the 3rd hack for those of us who just woke up from slumber ? :P So we may continue on the investigation taking over from those going to slumber?

3 community sites were hacked, and leaving the same image on each site during this hacking attempt. On the image itself appears to be some type of camo pattern, but closer inspection reveals that the image is one of those "magic eye" puzzles where you cross your eyes just right to see something else.

As seen here thanks to a user earlier: http://imageshack.us/f/638/hackedno.jpg/ There is a code.

Also in the image's properties is a link to here: http://www.arma2.com/bin/null/thecode/

Currently this forums ragtag team of internet detectives is figuring out how it goes together, or just what the hell exactly it's supposed to mean.

EDIT: Also right now popular theory believes that each column in the picture is related to youtube links, which results in 3 music videos, and the numbers under is a possible timestamp (measured in seconds).

EDIT: also PAGE 200 WWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by Steakslim

3 community sites and 3 column of alphanumberic... interesting...

Can I know which 3 sites?

3 community sites and 3 column of alphanumberic... interesting...

Can I know which 3 sites?

Armaholic.com

ArmedAssult.info

Ofpec.com

Looks like there's more to it.

If you read the Armaholic news on the hack they write both "luckely" and "presense" in quotation marks. Both the only mispelt words in the news too.

Looks like another piece of the code

ugh...if this is a cipher its pissing me off...i dont think its a hill cipher because you would need 4 rows in the matrix not 3...

it doesnt help that i suck at math either, and im not seeing how the youtube links are relevant either...i dont understand why they would mention entering a code and then post the same image on 3 different websites just to lead us to youtube with nothing relevant to a code or anything else that i can see...

edit: ^ i never noticed that...good find

Looks like there's more to it.

If you read the Armaholic news on the hack they write both "luckely" and "presense" in quotation marks. Both the only mispelt words in the news too.

Looks like another piece of the code

The Krasnostav screenshot didn't get us far back then, either. I'm throwing in the towel for now, take care. :cc:

OK, let's start by translating the Chinese letters at the bottom of this image.

Did anyone go to that time in the videos, were there lyrics? I'm going to do it ASAP.

So the hack happened and I AM AT WORK!! Arghhhhhh!

So the hack happened and I AM AT WORK!! Arghhhhhh!

ArmA3 was announced and it's being built on the Unreal engine.

The Army group boundaries on the map leave out Russia.

Here's the info we've gathered so far....

If you follow the code as youtube links and time codes you get :

Stone and Chain. He broke out of every prison...

Man, I don't know. I'm looking 'round for something else to throw...

Have you ever seen that scarecrow, then you've seen me...

There are two towns on Utes. One translates to Stone, the other Needle (stone being the first word of the first youtube link).

The Armaholic website has two deliberately mispelt (and deliberately pointed out) words "presense" and "luckely".

The other websites have possible codes with talk of clock site slowing down, and the other one has a mistake in writing "stop" instead of "stopped".

The Chinese symbols on the codepage translate to "Persian"

If you search for "Scarecrow" and "Arma 2" you get a voice actor who did the voice of scarecrow in ArmA 2 (don't remember that character myself)