Sign in to follow this  
Boats

Hand to Hand Fighting

Okay, so I come up behind this guy and go to waste him with a quick burst, when I realize in the heat of battle I have already emptied my magazine and have an empty weapon! Filled with battle frenzy I would jump on this guy and open him up with my k-bar or just but stroke him to death ("Did you see that f***ing head come apart man! I ain't never seen brains like dat before!")

Great game, no... OUTSTANDING game, but where is the hand to hand combat?

this thing has been discussed a lot of time , ofp is not tekken or street fight AND not counter strike with the jumping knives armed terrorists

I am not comparing this to any other game when I suggest at least limited hand to hand engagement. But it definitely is a natural reaction for a soldier when confronted with a all up in your face enemy soldier and you're out of ammo, at least a butt stroke should be available. I wouldn't think it would be that hard to implement, if equipped weapon is out of ammo and enemy is withn x amount of yards, then the fire button automatically goes to a butt stroke. But then again, a programmer I am not. Still this is an awesome game smile.gif

try a face upercut with a ak74 armed soldier........

you CAN hit with fist or rifle in the game already..but you need to arm your soldier with "fists" in the editor.

i tried it out, works well (im not kidding)

im having trouble with (this addweapon "StrokeGun"; this addmagazine "StrokeGun"; this addweapon "StrokeFist"; this addmagazine "StrokeFist" ) they seem to work with (removeallweapons this) or with a civillians, but b4 1.30 i remeber i could use fists when gun was on back and the butt ofthegun when it was empty with those comands, but now they only work if you got no weapon...oh-yeah if ur a civ strokegun kills in one hit, fists take like 3-4

(Edited by Global Enforcer at 2:13 pm on Nov. 17, 2001)

I'd rather shoot him. They don't add the take gun option for decoration you know.

I don't know how BIS designed their character models, but I do a little 3d modeling & It would seem to me that the only hard part about implementing side arms would be making it fit to the character model. If you notice in the game, all they guys are right handed. It would be nice to have some leftys but since there arn't any it should be a little easier to implement on top of all the guys holding their weapons the same way. If you think about it, the right hand could be moved closer to the body just few degrees to cup the left palm making for a nice position to hold a hand gun. Running with it would be like how you see unarmed models sprint. Anyone else have any thoughts?

yeah every soldier in the new patch should have a knife on there ankle as a last defense.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from ran on 8:28 pm on Nov. 16, 2001

this thing has been discussed a lot of time , ofp is not tekken or street fight AND not counter strike with the jumping knives armed terrorists

<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm. In the army we practised close combat with bayonets, bare hands and shovel.

CS etc. sucks, but in the name of reality you should have something to defend yourself, in case you run out of ammo for example.

Yeah, I remember too from combat training using knives and shovels, as well as the back of my gun. It's very dissapointing that I cant do the same here...

like i already said :

try hand to hand combat while facing a guy armed with an ak set on full auto

i was also formed to hand to hand combat during my basic training and i surely wouldn't use my skills as last resort against men that are armed with automatic weapons

Knives or unarmed combat wouldn't be out of place in OFP...no, you wouldn't like to take on a guy with a gun, but as a last resort or stealth measure, it would be nice.

as last resort i would surrender smile.gif

in ofp and in the reality

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ June 11 2002,16:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">like i already said :

try hand to hand combat while facing a guy armed with an ak set on full auto

i was also formed to hand to hand combat during my basic training and i surely wouldn't use my skills as last resort against men that are armed with automatic weapons<span id='postcolor'>

Depends how close you are. In close quarters combat even with ammo when you run into an enemy and your rifle jams you have no choice often. If you try to retreat out of a room you get shot usually, and if you hesitate you get shot. However, especially when you're followed by other friendly troops, if you slam into them good and hard with your rifle or with a bayonet it gives your buds time to take them out firing their rifles. In OPFOR training excercises people ususally get hurt in urban combat training when these types of run-ins occur before the training NCOIC's running the facilities can split them up. That and from those damn flash-bang grenades which often send off pebbles and stuff when they explode (and can seriously injure you if they go off in your foxhole). But yeah at normal engagement ranges you don't attack with the butt of your rifle or with a bayonet. That's purely for extremely close ranges where your only option is to fight with any means possible or to die. The other time when you might want to do this is if you want to do a silent kill. However silent kills are better done with a silenced .22 to the head, or with piano wire... people often scream like hell when stabbed incorrectly with a knife. The best manuever with a knife is hand over mouth pulling head back in an aggressive manner the knife hand moves under his arm and around in front to then thrust the knife under the sternum and up into the heart. That results normally in a very quick death with minimal noise unless the opponent has extremely quick reflexes.

There is also of coarse breaking necks with your hands but that requires a lot of strength and a lot of training to do well (practicing on animals unfortunately)...and hopefully the opponent doesn't have thick neck muscles. sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I'm with you Ran, have any of you actually got close enough to an armed soldier in this game to be able to use strokefist etc, i for one haven't, it usually goes, "Oh **** i got no ammo left" "Clack Clack AK47" i'm dead.........

wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HK (HunterKiller) @ June 11 2002,18wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm with you Ran, have any of you actually got close enough to an armed soldier in this game to be able to use strokefist etc, i for one haven't, it usually goes, "Oh **** i got no ammo left" "Clack Clack AK47" i'm dead.........<span id='postcolor'>

Really can't se any use of such short range attacks.

Have been close enough to use it in Black Op missions though. Of course then I had a silenced weapon to finish him of with (If you run out of ammo in a stealthy mission like that you're probably in really deep shit already biggrin.gif)

Pistols on the other hand.... Good idea.