Sign in to follow this  
Joe98

My British-AI soldiers performed well on their own!

This is the most successful patrol I have conducted since I got the game last October.

A British squad on patrol in Takistan.

Team Red are a 2 man MG team. Team Blue are a 2 man rifle team. Myself and the medic as Team White make a total of 6.

I have the 3 teams move by bounds. All soldiers are crouched. I have one team move about 20 meters and go prone. Then the next team move, then the third.

We in Team White are at the rear. Team Blue was on the move. Team Red was already forward and prone.

Team Red spots enemy. I order Team White to go prone!

Team Blue are vulnerable until they go prone. Realising I had forgotten about Team Blue, I look about for the enemy and at the same time look about for Team Blue.

I order Team Blue to go prone and scan for the enemy.

In the meantime the enemy is firing.

In my confusion precious seconds are lost!

Team Red has already opened fire and now I hear Team Blue open fire.

I am not yet in control of the situation and I hear “All clear!â€

The men have done it almost on their own without casualties.

We patrol to the second objective where a similar thing happens.

I am very impressed with my British AI soldiers!

This is my first patrol without casualties.

-

Oh you British AI think you SOoo superior don't you! Well, would like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of AI. to protect you? The smallest freaking province in the Russian Empire, thats where, so DON'T call our AI stupid mate, just THANK me! :mad:

:p

Still, I wanda if they are better :rolleyes:

Still, I wanda if they are better :rolleyes:

Wonder if there is some bias, if so the Czech soldiers will be like terminators. :D

Oh you British AI think you SOoo superior don't you!

A special mention should go to Wilson and Jones and Frazer.

-

Had similar experiences. The AI in this game is phenomenal and just keeps getting better.

Set up a scenario..AI chopper flies us in to clean out an enemy position.

Landed,disembarked , it took of to return to base. Enemy opened fire on it. It ran around and totally cleared out the town for us, never got to fire a shot.

Sure the AI have some problems but at the rate patches are coming I think that will all get sorted out eventually.

The AI is getting better but still has a ways to go - Especailly with CQC -

The key I find is to automatically give the "Stay Crouched" order from the begining - Also hit the "Danger" mode as soon as you expect contact -

Never letting your AI get more than 20 yards away from you is key as well. I use Tight Formations (I wish you could get an even tighter diamond formation).

The AI are getting better, and for me, I've made a some sort of 'contact drill' when leading AI squad. Actually more like muscle memory ( I guess thats what drills are all about)

Anyway first thing I will do is go down myself, then.

1. Hit tilde key (select all units)

2. Hit 1 key (Move order)

3. Hit 8 key (Hide)

This way the AI will seek cover, enter Danger mode and stop so they wont follow you, when you need to move around to Observe/Listen where the enemy is shooting from and where your AIs are shooting at

Then it's all tactics base on the ground and the enemy. So you decide to maneuver to kill the enemy or break contact or whatever

I also make a habit of dividing my squad into 2 coloured teams. And with recent patch, selecting coloured teams is easier now, making coloured teams even more usefull

I guess thats all from me. Good hunting

The AI is getting better but still has a ways to go - Especailly with CQC -

What I've discovered when AI is in CQC is that they tends to react slow, probably slow to identify a hostile target OR do not prioritize the hostile's distance. And if the AI is faced with 2 or more hostiles located maybe 10-20 meters apart, it will probably engage/fire at 1st targeted hostile, move to a new location then only target the 2nd hostile, which seems out of place instead of engage/fire 1st hostile follow by engage/fire 2nd hostile.

BUT agreed that the AI is getting better by patches.

Sometimes they do react slow but yesterday while playing Inv44 in a CQB I was really surprised when I had a standoff with a German -each of us being on opposite side of a building corner merely a few feet apart - I decided to charge with my bayonet and at the exact moment I started to round corner -he leaned out and tommy gunned me point blank :eek:

Ive been waiting for an AI to do that to me in this series since the beginning. Great job BIS.

Wonder if there is some bias, if so the Czech soldiers will be like terminators. :D

Czech!?... HA! you mean Aussie Soldiers ;P

Oh! So this is why the Finnish soldiers in the FDF campaign kill every soldier in under 2 seconds, we are superior!

:p

Czech!?... HA! you mean Aussie Soldiers ;P

This.

I discovered a long, long time ago that if you have a section with a good number of AI loons, you will do infinitely better splitting them into teams and giving them broad orders than micromanaging a blob as you charge into battle in line formation. :o