Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

Hey everyone, gonna go a little bit off topic here but its for a very good cause...

A good friend of mine's brother was recently in an accident overseas in Thailand and is still in very critical condition, to make matters worse his travel insurance had expired and the insurance company was unable to renew it as he was still out of the country prior to the accident. This means that the full cost of the medical care, as well as the cost of returning him to the UK has to be covered by his family.

We're doing everything we can to get the word out and help raise the money to bring him home but with the daily costs of the private hospital and his poor condition the cost is quickly building up to a small fortune.

If anyone out there can help with a donation of any amount it would be hugely appreciated, for more information and details on how to donate you can visit the website the family have setup to help support the cause here:

http://www.supportcarlbart.com/

Thanks for taking the time out to read this! If you have any questions not answered by the site you can send me a private message.

Thanks again!

Shouldn't that be in the off topic forum

Edited by ArmAriffic

... no postal adress is given.

Is Carls mother a person that does not even want to give her true postal adress?

I am warned by that.

I think its more a matter of it not being a great idea to post personal information like that online, considering how some people on the internet behave... the fact you'd think I'd post this as a con of some sort on my mod's thread, is quite saddening.

Shouldn't that be in the off topic forum

It could have had its own post on the off topic forum yes, but I checked a forum moderator to make sure there wouldn't be a problem. I had hoped by posting it on the thread for the mod I work everyday on for free, perhaps some of the kind souls that have offered to make donations to our team for the hard work we put in developing the mod (not that we've ever recieved a penny so far) may be able to help someone truly in need of it.

As I said before if you have questions or even concerns about the site, PM me, I didn't want to start a discussion on here, I was hoping to help get the word out to as many people as possible, and most of you (for various reasons, I for example never browse the off-topic forum) would never have opened a brand new topic relating to it, whereas here you will at least see it. Whether you take the time to read it or act upon it is then up to you.

So again, I've not put the information up for discussion, its just a plea for help, and if you can, fantastic, if not fine but leave it at that please.

Dragging us back on topic again, here's a small preview of some German's and their snowed up Hanomag braving the cold weather.

hanopromo.th.jpg

hey all im not very good with scripts but im trying to recreate the invasion of normandy with c 47s and everytime the flak guns start firing the c47s break from their flight path and start going around in circles. is there any way to disable this? ive tried disableai but it does not work :/ help appreciated

I had a similar problem in Aloft with planes drifting off and so forth. Depending on exactly what you want to do (e.g. singleplayer or multiplayer) you might want to try out ArmA2:CO/OA's UnitCapture & UnitPlay functions. These allow you to record a vehicles path and have it play back via a script.

There's a few downsides though, the main one being in multiplayer you get a rather nasty stuttering effect as the information is transferred between server and players (as seen on D-Day's landing and Aloft's airdrop) and the script file with the recorded co-ordinates of the movement quickly mount up and increase the mission size (which isn't ideal for multiplayer missions being transferred by a server).

There's a number of threads out there dedicated to it but this is the one I used:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101421

There's of course many other alternatives out there to this with varying degress of success depending on exactly what you want to achieve, best bet is to use the search function in the mission editing forum, and examining existing missions to see how they've done it.

Hey, for some reason, the I44 snow module won't work. I set it for heavy snow, and nothing happens. Any ideas?

Your Addon for Arma 2 is great thanks. When I downloaded the addon & begun playing around with all the units all of the Inf. weapons don't have aimpoint Crosshairs at all is it a bug or did you guy do that from the start. Is there a way to get the Crosshairs to show up. Cause I like fighting in 3rd person.

When you choose a tank unit as a commander there is no option able to be driver.

Just gunner , loader and commander is it possible to be able to have the driver option in place?

Sometimes AI is very slow and it would be good to jump to the driver position to be faster and more flexible.

Inf. weapons don't have aimpoint Crosshairs at all is it a bug or did you guy do that from the start. Is there a way to get the Crosshairs to show up. Cause I like fighting in 3rd person.

Heh well one person that I recall requested them to be removed, now one person is asking for them. But yes there are crosshairs, you must be playing on a higher difficulty or disabled them manually in one of the lower settings. If playing single player, press Escape, go to Game Options, and Difficulty and you should be able to customise your settings there for things like crosshairs and 3rd person views. However in higher ones some are always disabled without the option of re-enabling them.

When you choose a tank unit as a commander there is no option able to be driver.

Just gunner , loader and commander is it possible to be able to have the driver option in place?

This is due to the compartments being structured as they were in real life so you can only move between points within the same area of the tank. Just as in real life you'd have to get out of the vehicle and climb back in through another access hatch to reach the different area. Different vehicles have different structures so some tanks like the StuG allow you to move freely between all stations.

This is due to the compartments being structured as they were in real life so you can only move between points within the same area of the tank. Just as in real life you'd have to get out of the vehicle and climb back in through another access hatch to reach the different area.

Well, in real life there are no stupid AI drivers that will slow down and take several minutes just to drive around a small bush. When that happens you want to quickly switch to the driver position, drive over the obstacle and then switch back to commander. This feature may enhance the realism a bit if there are only human crew members present, but it makes it extremely annoying to use a vehicle with an AI crew.

Is there any chance this feature could at least be made optional for SP?

Edited by Johan S

Yes I agree with Johan it will make this mod even better if this option is added .

Why you made tanks in this mod, when there is no sense to put them in any mission? extremely annoying...

Why you made tanks in this mod, when there is no sense to put them in any mission? extremely annoying...

What you mean? Why no sense to put them in mission?

You just need organized crew in tank. (MP)

Because of hit(shit)-point damage system of course. M4a3 detroyed my Tiger II with about 3 shots in my front. Or just try to have fun commanding Tiger tank against ANY us tanks/guns. They will destroy you with anything after really short while.

Im talking about armor penetration, baby! That's what this mod need. And faster small arms aiming. It's not realistic now. If you done this, it will be almost perfect, imho.

Because of hit(shit)-point damage system of course. M4a3 detroyed my Tiger II with about 3 shots in my front. Or just try to have fun commanding Tiger tank against ANY us tanks/guns. They will destroy you with anything after really short while.

Im talking about armor penetration, baby! That's what this mod need. And faster small arms aiming. It's not realistic now. If you done this, it will be almost perfect, imho.

You could try it with ACE Vehicle Damage Simulation system; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Vehicle_Damage_System

But I suppose first someone will have to get down and dirty writing some configs with properties for setting up the system on the vehicles and ammo.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Vehicle_Damage_System+notes#Addon%20Makers

Edited by Sickboy

...switch to the driver position, drive over the obstacle and then switch back to commander...

Is there any chance this feature could at least be made optional for SP?

No it would have to be a global effect as its in the base settings of the vehicle itself. We could remove the seperate compartments to allow movement though and may well do for 2.6, it depends on time and preference.

whyso.jpg

Armor penetration isn't something ArmA2 has, its something that has to be coded by hand and tested thoroughly across every unit that would use it. So its not something we can just drop in. We have been developing a new system to improve it, but this takes time (and patience from you the player), so unless you are willing to come code it, chill out and have some patience, don't say the units are pointless. Its rude.

You could try it with ACE Vehicle Damage Simulation system; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Vehicle_Damage_System

But I suppose first someone will have to get down and dirty writing some configs with properties for setting up the system on the vehicles and ammo.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Vehic...Addon%20Makers

Thanks for the links Sickboy, when we get some time we'll definitely check it out and see what can be done (see thats how you suggest a feature, by giving examples, not by raging).

Sorry, i don't wanted to be rude :) I just get angry when my tiger is killed by weak guns hehehe. And i know about ace damage system, and i know it's not so easy to do this in arma's engine. But as we can see in ACE its possible. I wish your team succes with implementing this in mod. Peace :p

NP Pac!

Sorry, i don't wanted to be rude :) I just get angry when my tiger is killed by weak guns hehehe. And i know about ace damage system, and i know it's not so easy to do this in arma's engine. But as we can see in ACE its possible. I wish your team succes with implementing this in mod. Peace :p
Community assistance is probably welcomed, take example to e.g Robalo configs; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=120120

And other such examples.

Hey guys just uploaded a video to youtube of a band of brothers scene i made on Arma 2 using invasion 44's units and vehicles

Enjoy! rate comment suscribe!! :)

Great video, very sweet work on that looks like you put some real time and effort into the setup and shooting! Shame its in 4:3 ratio and the fraps watermark, but still very nice stuff!

No it would have to be a global effect as its in the base settings of the vehicle itself. We could remove the seperate compartments to allow movement though and may well do for 2.6, it depends on time and preference.

I certainly vote for this feature to be removed. I don't think that people keep switching seats when they play MP with an all human crew, do they? And they would not get any unfair benefit from this if they did. Still, had there been no problems with it, I wouldn't mind having quick-switching to the drivers position disabled. It does add a bit to the realism, which is always good.

But that's not the case, there are problems with this when using an AI crew. There are many times when you need to make a quick switch to the driver and then back again. Therefore I would hope to see this feature removed.