Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

Can't say I've noticed it but I often had radio volume muted in favour of voice comms for MP so I'll try and remember to take a listen while I'm testing the german radio see if I can figure what might cause that, off-hand guess would be the lack of personal radios on most units could cause some problems with the way the voices are handled.

Yep. This was the problem. I added a radio to my player, and all the sounds are there now. I noticed that only the player has to have the radio. The team members don't seem to need one. Thanks for your help.

Will Sdkfz 251/ 10 be included in the 2.6 update? Usually, it's the armored halftrack vehicle for the commander in a motorized platoon.

Don't think there's any immediate plans for the 251/10 but its pretty hard to keep track of the hanomag variants. Macolik has developed one with a mounted Pak that will be included I think thats 251/22 but don't take my word on it. We're pretty short on team members these days so couldn't say if or when future variants will be produced.

(copied from the BoB map topic)

The last question here following the above topic. As for the hidden insignias or maybe ranks, in the new release, is it possible to include at least corporal, sergeant, senior or staff sergeant, junior lieutant & capatian. Or even a major. These NCO & officers really attended the combats in the front very often. That could give more choice of commanders in the game for more realistic atmosphere.

As said before, there's little to see of most rank insignia on the winter troops, most are hidden giving mission makes the opportunity to rank units however they like also a lot of our troops have been developed differently so we can't do one set of insignias that will work across the board without major remodelling and retexturing work which we don't really have time for now, and would add little to the atmosphere.

As I know of no way to link the in-editor rank system to models, each would have to be setup as an individual unit (e.g. captain, lt, instead of just 'officer' as we have now). Also with the Americans especially it requires helmet as well as shoulder insignia which in some cases means multiple helmets or hidden selections and other developments which although simple in design can be quite complex and time consuming to implement, and for the most part would only be visible when right up close to units.

Its by no means that we're against it, far from it, its just a little impractical for implementation in terms of time vs reward. We're very short on active team members right now so I'd much rather spend it on developing our core units, gameplay systems and missions, rather than a couple badges that take the same amount of time and energy to implement.

So at somepoint yeah I would hope to have them in, but definitely not for 2.6, but on that note you may have noticed I did spend about 2 days re-implementing the helmet insignia on the airborne troops for the winter units, at some point I'll probably implement them to the summer versions as well but again takes a lot of time that I could be spending on more important issues at this time.

Edited by PacUK

Played this online the other night. Pistols are held like rifles (bug), the Omaha Beach Landing mission has revive issues, I also became undetectable by the germans after a while and was having NO resistance even when standing in front of a tiger tank or 100 solders and shooting them point blank. May be due to loosing revive after a while (bug) or perhaps I got into a vehicle at some point and broke it. Has happened 2 times now.

Thinking this mod needs to also fix the sound/script errors that tend to pop up lots.

As I know of no way to link the in-editor rank system to models, each would have to be setup as an individual unit (e.g. captain, lt, instead of just 'officer' as we have now).

It wasn't possible in OFP but since, thanks to the rank command, it's possible to retrieve by script the rank of the unit and thus, to apply a setobjecttexture command to unhide an hidden rank selection. But of course it'll give you extra work, which you certainly don't need :)

Played this online the other night. Pistols are held like rifles (bug),

Never seen this bug... ever, as our pistols still use the same animation and system as standard ArmA2 there should be no reason for a Pistol to be held in this way, can you provide a screenshot and perhaps say which versions of ArmA2 and I44 you are using?

the Omaha Beach Landing mission has revive issues, I also became undetectable by the germans after a while and was having NO resistance even when standing in front of a tiger tank or 100 solders and shooting them point blank. May be due to loosing revive after a while (bug) or perhaps I got into a vehicle at some point and broke it. Has happened 2 times now.

The version 2.0 missions used an old version of Norrin's Revive scripts which had this 'ghosting' bug, but I swapped those out for the new ones when we moved over to OA/CO development and could use the lastest scripts. It may still be possible to bug out revive but I've yet to experience it myself with 2.5 and beyond, if you can reference the mission name and version I might be able to find out more. Its most likely still possible, but as I didn't write the original revive script, and am not nearly as clever as Norrin there's little I can do to fix it.

Thinking this mod needs to also fix the sound/script errors that tend to pop up lots.

There should only be a couple of pop up sound errors from the 2.51 patch that actually produce a popup window and these are all mission based not the mod, just a few sound files I miss referenced made it through testing and have long since been fixed for 2.6's release.

Any other bugs please make sure to post detailed reports on our Dev-Heaven page here: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/inv44 As trying to track error reports in this topic is nigh on impossible.

It wasn't possible in OFP but since, thanks to the rank command, it's possible to retrieve by script the rank of the unit and thus, to apply a setobjecttexture command to unhide an hidden rank selection. But of course it'll give you extra work, which you certainly don't need

Heh yeah it actually makes even more work and not just the scripting as then EVERY unit would need EVERY rank and things would be very very confusing for my poor ickle head... :D

Again, ranks will probably be expanded at some point, but as they have so very little baring on the gameplay, its not a priority to us. I'd rather see bugs crushed and other content added first, then expand on our existing content with these smaller features at a later time.

I can't seem to get this to work on Steam. I updated the game to 1.59 and placed the @CBA folder in the game's directory (ARMA II: OA). Afterwards I proceeded to install the mod into the same directory. Done right? No, I launch the game and there's no option in the expansion section to enable any mod. I also launched the game through the combined operations mode and I added that set launch option code to the property line and nothing has worked so far. Help plz.

Edit: I got it to work! I used the wrong code in the property field!

Edited by Cool_Story_Bro

Again, ranks will probably be expanded at some point, but as they have so very little baring on the gameplay, its not a priority to us. I'd rather see bugs crushed and other content added first, then expand on our existing content with these smaller features at a later time.

You could just add a hidden selection to where the rank insignia goes and let people do the work themselves :)

Heh if only that were simple in itself, but as said before our models vary some have ranks built into textures and bump maps, while others use hidden selections, either way its a lot of work to implement when we could be fixing bugs and adding other units, missions and so on, the time sink to add a couple of ranks that are rarely used really wouldn't be well spent at this point in development, so one day... but not today ;)

all pistols are like this. http://www.mediafire.com/?15rmg8h26zwi16r And it seems to be a SMK mod error sorry, as turning that mod off fixes it. If you can perhaps add support for SMK if desired that be nice.

bugged mission is i44_coop_d-day_1-32_v1-6.i44_omaha.pbo, replicable each time I play. Can you perhaps use Insurgency revive system if possible?

Also need to know howto change the build button windows key to something else please?! Cheers

Edited by PRiME

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I tried to play the D+1 mission for the first time and all I get is a white screen, I can see the diamond shaped green icons for my men, and can fire my weapon, but cant see a damn thing! :confused:

all pistols are like this. http://www.mediafire.com/?15rmg8h26zwi16r And it seems to be a SMK mod error sorry, as turning that mod off fixes it. If you can perhaps add support for SMK if desired that be nice.

This is a problem with the SMK not us, therefore there's little we can to fix it, our pistols are using no custom anims or setups so the problem would seem to stem from the other mod, suggest you contact them and see if they can provide a work-around or fix.

bugged mission is i44_coop_d-day_1-32_v1-6.i44_omaha.pbo, replicable each time I play. Can you perhaps use Insurgency revive system if possible?

If you can explain how to replicate I might be able to do something about this. I've yet to have the problem myself so it may have something to do with your actions, or other mods you're running alongside I44 that interfere with the revive script.

It will also help if you note which role you've selected or if it happens on any and all roles, its possible one guy's name was missed from the list of Norrin reviveable units.

I haven't looked at Insurgency's revive system, and as its not available standalone it could take a hell of a long time to find and cut all the relevant scripts etc from the mission, whereas Norrin's revive is a released script pack intended for use by other mission makers.

Also need to know howto change the build button windows key to something else please?! Cheers

Go to 'Options' > 'Controls' > 'Show: Custom Controls' > 'Use Action 17' and select the key you want to use.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I tried to play the D+1 mission for the first time and all I get is a white screen, I can see the diamond shaped green icons for my men, and can fire my weapon, but cant see a damn thing!

Had a couple people mention this but at no point has D+1 used the SetAperture setting that is causing the problem so I dunno how that crept in and my version seems to be working fine and haven't touched it since 2.51's release, I don't have any upload space I can put the version I have up for download so I'm afraid for now you'll have to wait until 2.6 is released unless someone can suggest a good file host.

Can't say I know what or how to use the 'artillery computer' myself so no idea, as far as I know the mortars were working with the Artillery module back when Iuka set them up for CO, never having setup any missions with this mystical computer or played any I really couldn't say though, if you can provide me some more info I can take a look at whether they do work and what changes have to be made etc.

Can't say I know what or how to use the 'artillery computer' myself so no idea, as far as I know the mortars were working with the Artillery module back when Iuka set them up for CO, never having setup any missions with this mystical computer or played any I really couldn't say though, if you can provide me some more info I can take a look at whether they do work and what changes have to be made etc.

Start up the editor, place down any vanilla artillery, scroll in the action menu to artillery computer.

It basically allows artillery to be used by players and AI properly without other scripts required. It was added in patch 1.54 (or whatever one brought BAF).

By releasing pictures of the winter troops you got me to watch BOB again! :)

Looking forward to next patch to crush enemies with my Cromwell and holding Bastogne. Ifadding ranks what about adding them like this:

Rifleman: Private - Corporal
Radioman,MG,Sniper,Bazooka,Crewmen: PFC - Sergeant
NCO: Corporal - Staff Sergeant
CO:1st Lt - Lt.Colonel

Would be easier to configure them then adding hidden selections to all US,GER,UK and SS Ranks.

Edited by Leopard

Ah, interesting, thanks for the info GossamerSolid, nice to finally see that. I would presume we just need to add some config information to our mortars to have them work with it, quite what is needed I'm not sure but I'll do a bit of digging see what I can find out, definitely looks a lot more efficient than the current Target Artillery option we had access to before.

Again with ranks... I can't say anymore thans already been said, regardless of who and what we add ranks to its a shit ton of work that I personally do not have time for right now when factored against other things we're adding for 2.6. Theres not one single setup we can use for all soldier models as they're all designed in varying ways, some by texture, some by hidden selections and alternative models. Its a very big job for very little reward, and personally I'd rather spend my time right now on fixing important issues and adding missions, than a couple ranks you'd only see up close and have very little affect on the actual gameplay other than visuals.

Ah, interesting, thanks for the info GossamerSolid, nice to finally see that. I would presume we just need to add some config information to our mortars to have them work with it, quite what is needed I'm not sure but I'll do a bit of digging see what I can find out, definitely looks a lot more efficient than the current Target Artillery option we had access to before.

You can try to contact Wld427, he's added the artillery computer to all of his artillery units and it works great :)

No worries there, I think I just got it working, just had to add these two lines to our mortar configs:

artilleryScanner = 1;

ARTY_IsArtyVehicle = 0;

Used in conjunction with an Artillery module, and using 'Target Artillery' seems to give you the spread markers, but can be used without. I'll add them to our mortars for 2.6, can't guarantee it'll be 100% but it will at least be available and we can refine it over time if there are issues, thanks for the info!

How do you get the B-17 flying fortresses to drop their payload?

Left Click :)

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I tried to play the D+1 mission for the first time and all I get is a white screen, I can see the diamond shaped green icons for my men, and can fire my weapon, but cant see a damn thing! :confused:

Same exact problem for me too. And I dont run any mods besides the i44 mod.