Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.2 Stable (TS3 pre) - Release Thread

*Bumping*

Pls update thread as version 1.3.1.401 is already available.

Many thanks in advance

and

a million thanks to ACRE Team for making shizznit as awesome as is.

That *could* be one of the development versions for testing rather than an official released version.

I'm sure one of the ACRE Devs will clarify shortly :)

1.3.1 was a bust dev/test version we deployed only to UnitedOperations for testing. Its been pretty broken, and undergone multiple hotfixes, and is actually getting re-deployed to UO as 1.3.2

But to clarify - the current 1.3 builds *are* flagged DEV/TEST until we stabilize with our testing @ UO.

Hence why the post wasn't updated ;)

I was going to create a ticket on your bugtracker, but since seeing this new 'dev' patch.

Have you had any reports of ACRE cutting off after 2/3 seconds of chat, and if so are they fixed?

Ill push Rob (Rexeh) to update our TS and ACRE as I cant use ACRE at the minute for this problem, Once updated if the issue persists ill post the issue on your tracker.

Has anyone else noticed ACRE and ACE having interaction conflicts? I decided to try and see if my ACE interaction keys worked with ACRE turned off and they did. But when ACRE is on the keys randomly stop working.

I cannot repro any ACE issues with the interacts.

Have you made sure to update your ACRE userconfig? in the 1.3 DEV/TEST builds the userconfig changed.

p.s. this is why they wernt public release versions ;)

Jaynus, been having some trouble getting the retransmit functions to work properly (hence the bug report I posted). You said it works ok on your test map so it could be something I'm not doing right. Any chance you could drop me a copy of your training/test map so I can check it out please?

hey,

is it possible to either customize or increase the max. range for direct speak?

Currently quite some players complain about the stiff limitation for the direct speech and that it should be increased a little,

or that the "shout" button should be reintroduced.

hey,

is it possible to either customize or increase the max. range for direct speak?

Currently quite some players complain about the stiff limitation for the direct speech and that it should be increased a little,

or that the "shout" button should be reintroduced.

ACRE never had a shout/whisper/talk mode; only a2ts did. We've never implemented, and as far as we are concerned we have no plans to implement it.

atm "direct talk" ranges are actually about 12x realistic ranges. We are, however, working on implementing input volume attenuation. This means if you yell into your microphone, your voice travels further. And inversely, if you whisper, it doesn't travel as far.

ACRE never had a shout/whisper/talk mode; only a2ts did. We've never implemented, and as far as we are concerned we have no plans to implement it.

atm "direct talk" ranges are actually about 12x realistic ranges. We are, however, working on implementing input volume attenuation. This means if you yell into your microphone, your voice travels further. And inversely, if you whisper, it doesn't travel as far.

that sounds even better, it appears that some headsets are more sensitive than others. This causes problems with direct speech for some players.

A manual setting would therefore also be nice.

that sounds even better, it appears that some headsets are more sensitive than others. This causes problems with direct speech for some players.

A manual setting would therefore also be nice.

Cic the new ACRE Settings dialog being integrated into the plugin. This is in anticipation of more manually adjusted settings.

This would be awesome. As without radios, I don't see how you could execute a covert operation unless you can whisper. Whispering/shouting adds so much to the atmosphere on the battlefield.

Any ETA on the next release?

Yeah, this would be awesome if it was implemented. Right now you can hear people whispering from the other end of the road!

We will probably officially push our latest version sometime next week. Our next version with major feature's wont be for probably at least another month.

EDIT:

For an idea, next week we will officially release:

- Vehicle Radio Racks and Virtualized radios for some vehicles

- ACRE Interact menus and usage

- TS3 plugin Settings dialog for different volumes and other options

- Multiple bug fixes

- Performance improvements for games with more than 60 players

- Signal strength computations got re-written and is now much better

(Full changelog mostly for next weeks release)

-- 1.3.3 -- 
* Changed: You can no longer open a radio in a vehicle rack unless you use it first
* Change: Virtual rack radios (tanks/aircraft) are no longer "takable"

-- 1.3.2 --
* Fixed: JIPs would sometimes hear people as global. A lot.
* Fixed: onvehicleinit script error
* Fixed: ACE radios were borked

-- 1.3.1 --
* Changed: When using a rack radio, it now becomes your active radio
* Fixed: Random game hang/crashes
* Fixed: the dead menu showed up when you were alive
* Fixed: radio speakers now work again
* Fixed: Virtual radios in vehicles would sometimes show frequency any
* Fixed: Volume on the 343 did not work
* Fixed: JIP players would be global sometimes
* Fixed: Other random bugs and crap

-- 1.3.0 --
* Added: TS3 now has a configuration dialog which allows controlling global radio volume for your client
* Changed: updated for latest ts3 version fixing the constant error message
* Changed: Signal code re-worked. Overall terrain detection should be more accurate (no more mystery hills)
* Changed: Vehicle racks do not have a "open radio" button anymore
* Fixed: Various vehicle rack bugs
* Fixed: retrans function rxmtAttachToObj now works properly
* Fixed: Sometimes the client would stutter with > 50 players 
* Fixed: "Over water" volume bug (also known as the carrier bug)
* Removed: cntrl+shift+v for radio list has now been disabled. Use the ACRE Interact menu

-- 1.2.11 --
* Added: Vehicle racks are now fully implemented. See http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre/wiki/Vehicle_Racks for details
* Added: Vehicle racks now support "speaker mode" for other people to hear them
* Added: Players dead, or in "spectate" mode, now get a self interaction for modifying spectator mode settings
* Added: api functions. acre_api_fnc_getDisplayName, acre_api_fnc_rack_mountRadio
* Fixed: Ace "on-back" was broken again (http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/73)
* Fixed: Turned in/out attenuation for LAV-25's fixed. dumb animation names (http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/74)
* Fixed: Bradley's now have proper cargo compartment attenuation
* Fixed: Vodnik gunners were perma-turned out, but had turned in attenuation
* Fixed: startSpeaking didnt trigger on channel change (http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/77)
* Fixed: hasKindOfRadio didnt work (http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/78)

Then, our next feature push is looking at containing the following (within a month):

- Rewrite of GUI framework to allow for easier custom radios, as well as all API features working more consistently

- Real signal-based half duplex

- Input-based distance attenuation

- Management of antenna's on radios/vehicles

- Digital signal decay completion (cutting out rather than much quality loss)

Edited by jaynus

With the limitations of radio ranges due to all the hills in some missions, I was thinking if it would be possible to add some portable antenna, that is able to forward radio signals and thus increase ranges for portable radios, like the 117?

use the API(you find it in the acre wiki) where u add retransmit to a object and make a skript where u can Teleport the item around the map.

and a soldier can teleport it to the currend position

With the limitations of radio ranges due to all the hills in some missions, I was thinking if it would be possible to add some portable antenna, that is able to forward radio signals and thus increase ranges for portable radios, like the 117?

I have it on good authority that a module planned for release soon with the Multi Session Operation package will let players set up a radio rebro (re-broadcast -what you're talking about) in the field, and it should be able to be used independently from the main MSO mission

Well I finally decided to update acre, teamspeak and the such but it appears some troubles have appeared. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8938276/Media/error.png does anyone know how to fix it? I tried doing fresh a fresh reinstall but that didn't help. :s

It worked fine on Arrowhead (haven't tried after updating) but I get that error when trying to play normal ArmA2 (My buddy only has normal A2 so I have to use that).

you should probaly update Arma2 or JayArma2Lib to the latest version (not sure though).

I have it on good authority that a module planned for release soon with the Multi Session Operation package will let players set up a radio rebro (re-broadcast -what you're talking about) in the field, and it should be able to be used independently from the main MSO mission

False. My original quote was that hopefully ACRE will add a field antenna in the future. It was on their original dev-hev issue tracker.

Yeah, crossed wires slightly there. I've been messing around with the ACRE retransmit function with a view to making a script that functions in a similar way to a deployable MHQ, but throws out the ACRE 303 Antenna with a small dialogue menue to select the desired channels/frequencies, therebu simulating a remote rebroadcast site. The plan was to make this as a module for MSO (hence where that crept in), but sadly my scripting ability (if you can call it that) is woefully inadequate.

i got this problem with the version 1.3.3.407:

when we enter in TS, show us a message with a problem in the version of plugin and ingame too.

that's not an official release ! so i think you need to post on the bug tracker to avoid any problem ;)

Hey guys,

we're a small gaming community based out of the United states and are currently having problems installing ACRE on our non-dedi 26 slot server. We have FTP access and have played with mods enabled in the past (ACE works fine on server) but for some reason when adding @ACRE to the command line with ACE, the server will not appear in the Multiplayer Server List. In the control panel it claims to be "running" yet the server never pops up in game???!! It only happens when enabling ACRE seeing as all other addons we've enabled work just fine. Any ideas guys??

help!

P.S. We're tried running just ACRE and CBA together w/ no other mods and the server still wont run. Seems to be that some ACRE file is messing with the server so any input on what might be causing the problem is greatly appreciated.

-Clock

*****PROBLEM SOLVED******

Apparently we forgot to add the acre file into the userconfig folder on the server..OOPS!

Edited by [SBS]Clock

Ive posted my problem on your tracker, but just to ask, If updating to 1.3.3 build412, should i be on TSv3.0.0-rc1 or rc-2?