minimalaco

Clafghan Map 20x20 Beta Release

Amazing map love it!

Will the next release be signed? Looking forward to the next release I hope it will be released soon so we can use this map. Normally I don't ask about releases but when can we expect the release? :-D

Somebody said there is a cave under the Main FOB? Where is the entrance? I ran through the FOB but haven't found anything.

Btw, to the more villages discussion - You guys remember about the OA Editor Update, You can place some buildings Yourself :)

It's always good to left some empty, in-habitated space, to serve as a place for missionmakers (for the LZ\EZ's, rebel\SF camps, missionmaker built-settlements, and similiar stuff), as I wrote. Good balance is everything :)

Just wanted to share, TFB has begun running airborne operations on this map and it's gorgeous. Here's a taste of this map in action.

WsoHcb3nNf4

Special thanks to the Clafghan team for this wonderful map. Hope you enjoy seeing it in use as much as we enjoy using it.

i think i done brokeded it :/

i was wondering if you could destroy the snowman and after 30 or so MK-19 rounds.

Edited by Scarecrow398

eee wtf?

merry christmas btw

---------- Post added at 04:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

Just wanted to share, TFB has begun running airborne operations on this map and it's gorgeous. Here's a taste of this map in action.

do not quote videos

Special thanks to the Clafghan team for this wonderful map. Hope you enjoy seeing it in use as much as we enjoy using it.

0:35 - 1:25 remind some ArmA 3 footage...

here we found more A3 "deja vu"

IgifSVfW7zk

Edited by Foxhound
Please do not quote videos

We are currently working with this map as well. Thank you so much for making this amazing map! Finaly, I feel I can work with an actual approximation of a real world location, with real world sizes and limits (altitude).

I'll get some vids up here when we get out of this awkward beta stage of our mission port to your map.

Kudos! Keep up the great work!!

I have a strong Argument for moving Mike 1 to the Northern slope of the valley that it resides in. You see, when creating a retransmission network, there is a need to keep the said retrans towers inside of protected areas so opposing forces do not have access to encrypted nets.

Reference the following image series of images and you will see my concerns.

Warning Large images.

http://images.unitedoperations.net/misc/i9/MSO/Retrans_Zone1.jpg

This is retransmission station One. It is constantly observed by base personnel with thermal optical devices. This station is located on the ridge line at GRID 1722 0072

http://images.unitedoperations.net/misc/i9/MSO/Retrans_Zone2.jpg

This is retransmission station 2 It is located inside COP MIKE 2 so it is safe from direct enemy action, with the exception for indirect fires. It is located in GRID 1749 0604.

http://images.unitedoperations.net/misc/i9/MSO/Retrans_Zone3.jpg

This is retransmission station 3 It is located inside Baker Outpost. It is in the same boat as MIKE 2. This retrans is at GRID 1103 1963. It retransmits to both retransmission stations 4 & 5.

http://images.unitedoperations.net/misc/i9/MSO/Retrans_Zone4.jpg

This is retransmission station 4. It is located inside OP Robstrepo.

It is located at GRID 8201 8672.

http://images.unitedoperations.net/misc/i9/MSO/Retrans_Zone5.jpg

This is retransmission station 5. It is located on the side of a mountain, unobserved by friendly forces. And open to being stolen by hostile indigenous personnel. It was put there to retrans to MIKE 1. If you will notice, it somehow misses MIKE 1 entirely.

This retrans is located in GRID 0652 1828.

http://images.unitedoperations.net/misc/i9/MSO/Retrans_Total.jpg

This is a compilation of all the signals maps combined into one.

Notice whats not covered by any retrans? MIKE FUCKING 1.

Damn you Mike 1 for being in Just the right spot to not get any signal strength from either station 3 or 5. If Mike 1 were moved north, it would make more sense because it would have line of sight to Outpost Baker. Therefor it would have direct coms with them and would be better inclined to call in for fire support from supporting assets farther down the retrans net.

My argument is undefeatable, even more so when it is written at 5 AM.....

I don't really expect you to move Mike 1. I just wanted to show the cool map.

But mike 1 would make more sense on the northern slope. :)

This island is really bad ass btw.

whoooa!!! how did you make those maps!!!! it looks terrific!!!!

did he use the -topography command ? or something like that ?

Aye, looks like the topography command. Hey Lancer, fancy making Hell's Pass for this island? ;)

Map is fantastic...... Though while I get good fram rates....it seems to hit the hell out of my GTX 590 more so than other maps.... Has me hitting close to 90c's ....where most other maps I'm in the high 70cs...

Great map. I'm loving it.

One quick question, it has probably been answered but I didn't find it; I can't use nearestObject "house" for some reason? It always seems to zero. Is this a known issue?

Map is awesome, but i have some kind of strange texture flickering, always in the middle of the screen. Looks like a fence-texture that appears for a second or so. I wanted to record, but when i start fraps and the frames go down, it's not appearing..really strange

did he use the -topography command ? or something like that ?

Its a combination of teh topography command and a map that was generated from screenshots in the editor (that was compiled by another person at UO). I melded them together, added in all the shiz seen on military maps, etc.

I plan to make these for a few more maps, and I am thinking of a way to make these style of maps the default in game map. :p But thats for another thread. :)

Thanks for the compliments and thanks to the map authors for such a wonderful map. You've taught me a lot from this map! I never considered using the forest areas for tall grasses. A really smart idea!

Aye, looks like the topography command. Hey Lancer, fancy making Hell's Pass for this island? ;)

LOL i had a look recently at that, i had over 300 AI in that city. Sooo many AI. Far too many.

Hello, this map is very beatiful but i have a little problem.

When i go near a precise type of grass my graphic card stop to respond and i must reboot.

I have no problem on the other islands or games.

You can see on this picture one location where i have had the bug.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/arma2oa2011121715282337.jpg/

Hello, this map is very beatiful but i have a little problem.

When i go near a precise type of grass my graphic card stop to respond and i must reboot.

I have no problem on the other islands or games.

You can see on this picture one location where i have had the bug.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/arma2oa2011121715282337.jpg/

Just tried it with no problem at this location. Is there anything in your .rpt file that might help?

That grass causes no problems for me either. It's more likely to be something wrong with your graphics card than the grass.

This map has some nice usermade vegetation and buildings, but the AI sees through so much of it that you can't really play against AI around fields or rivers.

Has anyone made any good missions for this map? I'd love to try some with my friends. It's one of my favorites for sure already. Love just dinking around in the editor flying around or driving through the hills.

Here you can find some coop with ACE ( sorry they are in french )

www.force27.com

Amazing map, just waiting the release ( with grid map fixed )

thanks to the author

Edited by zeufman