Sign in to follow this  
someguywho

Israel Defence Force

Nope just arrowhead or combined ops I'm afraid.

thank you, maybe someday.

Great work anyway :)

Someguywho- First off great reskins and great job overall. I just wanted to let you know that Eddie is correct. The Lost Brothers Mod DESPERATELY needs help with such reskins as the ones you did. Please let me know if you'd like to combine your work with LoBo. If not, it's cool. Anyways...good work!

Someguywho- First off great reskins and great job overall. I just wanted to let you know that Eddie is correct. The Lost Brothers Mod DESPERATELY needs help with such reskins as the ones you did. Please let me know if you'd like to combine your work with LoBo. If not, it's cool. Anyways...good work!

I think you should consider this buddy.

Chris (Miles Teg) has many models to include modern and historical troops that could definately use some texture updating for arma2. Looking at what you did here your abilities to reskin those models could bring Lost Brothers to the forefront of excellence and hurry along a release.

Please Please Please consider this!!!!

I would be incredibly honoured to help you guys out in any way I can. Just give me a PM with whatever you need :)

Nice to hear I have respect for people being open minded and cooperative.

Best of luck to you all :)

Nice to hear I have respect for people being open minded and cooperative.

Best of luck to you all :)

second this +1

Update ahoy!

Please excuse the shininess of everything. I stuck PP on V. High

First off. Black band on some helmets covers on others, green vests and knee pads

arma2OA2011-03-2917-15-16-43.jpg?t=1301419063

Again sorry for the shine and they should look better and clearer on your PC as long as it's not as bad as mine

Slightly lighter M113

arma2OA2011-03-2917-35-31-70.jpg?t=1301419066

IAF roundel moved to the tail on the blackhawks like it should be

arma2OA2011-03-2917-46-49-50.jpg?t=1301419298

Also snipers and spotters now

arma2OA2011-03-2918-07-53-21.jpg?t=1301419073

And finally you now have planes. Two of them.

arma2OA2011-03-2917-52-51-85.jpg?t=1301419071

Thanks to Eble for letting me use his F15 and F4

All this will be in the update coming soon

Hi,

Thanks for the reskins!

What's the name of the map?

Tino

I use CAA1 for sahrani and the sniper one is Avgani also from ArmA 1

Sorry for the double post but the OP has now been updated with a link to V1.1. Go download it and please mirror!

Great! I had a look at it and...I have a few suggestions:

1)Swap the M249 with scope to iron sight version, I have never seen a scoped FN MAG in the IDF.

2)Take out the ironsight CTAR, theres always MARS on it.

3)Give marksman a M4 with ACOG or CTAR with ACOG instead of the M14, its no longer in IDF service.

4)You should look in to reskinning the M923A2 trucks instead of the MTVR, the IDF still uses those

The rest of my suggestions are mambojumbo since the appropriate weapon sights/models don't exist..thanks for your work!

EDIT:

Hey, I took a closer look at the RH_HK weapons pack and it has all the Tavors variants you might need and it left me wondering why you didn't include the GL and STAR as default? specifically:

1)standard rifleman, CTAR with MARS: "RH_ctar21m"

2)grenadier, TAR with MARS: "RH_ctar21mgl"

3)marksman, STAR with ACOG and bipod: "RH_star21" [irl usage is actually CTAR]

Edited by ZZEZ

Thanks ZZEZ. For my next update I plan to include ArmA 2 content which has the weapons I need.

Yes, M249 with iron sights is the closest you can get to the Negev LMG, and the only M240s you'll find in the IDF have iron sights only as well (and in fact, are no longer carried as a primary weapon by any infantry soldier, but rather are only used on vehicles and from static positions). Tavor definitely will always have a MARS on it, or in some cases the older and cheaper Meprolight, never ironsight. Marksmen use Tavor with ACOG and bipod, yes, even in units that don't have the tavor yet they use M4A1 with ACOG and bipod. M14s have been out for a LONG time, and in fact, no infantry soldier carries a 7.62 weapon as a primary weapon in IDF (only snipers use 7.62 and up, but they never carry *only* that).

The only weapon that would require Arma 2 (CO) is the ironsight M240, but again it isn't actually used as a primary weapon anyway so shouldn't really be in a realistic loadout.

I could have sworn I saw a pic of some IDF soldiers carrying an M240 in either the last Lebanon invasion or the last Gaza invasion.

I could have sworn I saw a pic of some IDF soldiers carrying an M240 in either the last Lebanon invasion or the last Gaza invasion.

That I can confirm although the Negev is much more common there aer MAGs (M240) in the IDF

As a primary weapon? With an appropriate vest for carrying ammo for it instead of 5.56 magazines? As far as I'm aware it has been officially out of this role for a while. Not that it isn't used, there are lots of them around, just not as a primary weapon.

Edited by galzohar

As a primary weapon? With an appropriate vest for carrying ammo for it instead of 5.56 magazines? As far as I'm aware it has been officially out of this role for a while. Not that it isn't used, there are lots of them around, just not as a primary weapon.

Gal AFAIK MAGs are still used (at least for reserves) as a MMG in the support class in a platoon, and yes with an appropriate vest and 3 100 bullets assualt drums.

Ah, for reserves maybe, don't know about those since you don't see them outside of wars all that often ;) but then again they use all other kinds of "outdated" stuff, and obviously no Tavors either.

In regular infantry we didn't even have vests and drums for the M240s (though we did have the M240s stashed in the platoon's cargo container or placed in guard posts), and that was some years ago. We did have them (with vests/drums) in basic training but AFAIK even that is "out" right now.

For standard automatic rifleman, yeah that's the closest thing you can get to the Negev LMG. They even have almost the same barrel length and ROF, and the Negev LMG uses 150-round softbags while the M249 uses either 200-round boxes or 100-round softbags.

Thanks galzohar. I don't know that much about the IDF but its never hard to find someone who does.