Sign in to follow this  
someguywho

Israel Defence Force

The addon in which the unit is defined (sgw_isr) is probably not included in the mission.sqm addons[] / addonsAuto[] arrays.

This could have multiple causes; From manually editing mission.sqm's to-add the units in replacement of others, to broken config inheritance (possibly caused by other addons), to perhaps missing IS_Soldier_TL in CfgPatches -> units[] of the sgw_isr addon.

At least the units[] array is wrong in sg\characters_i\inf\config.cpp:

class CfgPatches {
class SGW_ISR {
 units[] = {};
 weapons[] = {};
 requiredVersion = 1.0;
 requiredAddons[] = {};
};
};

In case it's from manually editing; opening the mission in the editor and saving it should solve it.

For a better anaylsis, one really needs the rpt file and repro mission though ;)

Edited by Sickboy

Some gameplay screenshots:

http://agamer.netai.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=486

I still can't figure out how to reproduce the errors, but they keep showing up every once in a while. Note that they don't show up when they normally would (as soon as you select the mission and then not being allowed to play it is the normal case), but instead they show up when you load the briefing screen and you can still play anyway.

Still not sure what's causing the problems. Glad to see someone is using my units though :)

Some gameplay screenshots:

http://agamer.netai.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=486

I still can't figure out how to reproduce the errors, but they keep showing up every once in a while. Note that they don't show up when they normally would (as soon as you select the mission and then not being allowed to play it is the normal case), but instead they show up when you load the briefing screen and you can still play anyway.

Still not sure what's causing the problems. Glad to see someone is using my units though :)

Please check my previous post as it contains pointers and info how to solve and further debug.

I'd first start with adding all unit classnames into the units[]= {}; array of the SGW_ISR CfgPatches class.

Once users have that fix installed, reopen the missions in the editor, and save them again, problems disappear, if they aren't related to the other things mentioned in my post.

Edited by Sickboy

I see what you mean now Sickboy. Thanks for your help.

By the way, does this include any weapon reskins? If so, what are their class names?

And weren't you planning to fix the medic arm patch thing?

All the classnames are in the readme. The medic patch thing is on my todo list but its quite long so you might have a bit of a wait I'm afraid.

Well, the "cannot play/edit" bug seems to prevent the missions from working on a dedicated server. When spawning the units it works, but when loading a mission that uses them it gives you the "cannot play/edit" error and sends you back to mission selection screen (unlike in hosted servers where it continues into briefing and mission).

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
sgweapons_i_ammoboxes

And again it only happens after actually loading the mission, unlike "normal" missing content errors.

Edited by galzohar