Sign in to follow this  
MisTyK

Cant switch weapons while moving

Are you disturbed in PvP by no-switch weapon when run/walk ?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Are you disturbed in PvP by no-switch weapon when run/walk ?

• Yes, i dislike this, please change it !
    • No, i love stop when i take a weapon !?!

Hello,

I have played a lot of PvP mod, and there is a thing very annoying. :confused:

We cant switch weapon when we walking. Its very disturbing in close combat, or combat in forest. ( cant switch to primary, secondary or third weapon )

I think its not really difficult to script, and make a real good way for gameplay :bounce3:

Did the other player agree with me ?

Edit: sorry for my bad english

Edited by MisTyK

No I don't agree with you because secondary weapons are launchers and you dont make a RPG ready to fire on the run. Is embarrasing enough that you can reload it while moving, switch to it much to fast already and the whole reload process only takes a from a quarter to the tenth of the time it should take.

arf, my bad sorry, i just want to say when you walk ( not run ), we dont need to make a stop for taking an other weapon.

i agree with no firing/ or switch when run, but the " change weapon " can be do without make a useless stop when walk.

originaly:

walk => select weapon with scoll => click for select => make a stop => switch anim's

changed:

walk => select weapon with scoll => click for select => // => switch anim's

Edited by MisTyK

Rifle -> AT Should only be done when standing still.

Rifle -> Sidewarm could be done while walking, however longer then doing it while standing still. Also, i said walking. Last time when we asked for reloading while walking we got reloading while moving at any speed which still annoyes me.

yes it can be longer than when we are standing ( switch slower and walk slower ), but the net stop is very annoying :mad:

It should be possible to move while switching to a handgun and back.

No I don't agree with you because secondary weapons are launchers and you dont make a RPG ready to fire on the run. Is embarrasing enough that you can reload it while moving, switch to it much to fast already and the whole reload process only takes a from a quarter to the tenth of the time it should take.

What's embarrasing is that you can't interrupt a reload of a launcher.

I've never seen a person that couldn't stop what he's doing if he really needed to.

I don't mind realistic limitations, but I don't like them if they come with unrealistic costs. It's about priorities:

I'd rather have 2 second launcher reload while moving, than uninterruptible reloads, like we used to.

I'd also rather have weapon switch while moving, than being stuck for 2 seconds, like we do now.

As I recall it, people were QUITE happy, when we got reload while moving.

i dont really see why this is a issue if you need to switch weapons while moving you should prob not be moving in the first place you want it to be like cod where you can dump 30rounds push a button and within 2secs have a second weapon to dump 30 rounds then press another 1sec button an have a launcher? all while running

Reloading while running is one of the best features of ArmA 2 and was very disapointing that you cant switch to sidearm while running. BIS should add:

-switch to sidearms while running

-switch to AT launcher while walking, even Javelin

Duration of animation can be long for AT, however not being stuck is important.

Being stuck just gets you killed in CQB. This is a must for smooth gameplay.

Arguments like "its not realistic" or "go play CoD" are just nonsense. Anyone who seriously played CoD 4 or newer, knows that switching speeds and anims are very well done there. Are not unrealistic and not "fast paced".

When "reload while running" was introduced I did not see any more "running and gunning" in MP then in Armed Assault.

Arguments like "its not realistic" ... are just nonsense.

Thats the onlx argument that should count in a game that is advertises as a simulation, not a action game...and what the hell do you do with a Javelin launcher in CQB?

@MisTyK: Dude, the wrong game

Goddamn PvP players and their "why is it not like CoD?! all action games must be the same!"

I really want to see a soldier running and trying to put his rifle away on the back while trying to grab his pistol moving back and forth with his leg.

Thats the onlx argument that should count in a game that is advertises as a simulation, not a action game...and what the hell do you do with a Javelin launcher in CQB?

Well what do you do with rocket launchers in action games? You fire them at other people running around

Edited by metalcraze

@MisTyK: Dude, the wrong game

Goddamn PvP players and their "why is it not like CoD?! all action games must be the same!"

I really want to see a soldier running and trying to put his rifle away on the back while trying to grab his pistol moving back and forth with his leg.

Well what do you do with rocket launchers in action games? You fire them at other people running around

Do everyone a favor and be quiet. It's clear that any amount of convincing that the pvp players of Arma 2 don't long for CoD is futile so I'm not going to even try anymore. Just shut up, you ignorant bigot.

Certainly not all PvP players are like this.

However whenever you see a "X in this game is not CODesque enough" thread - it being created by a PvP player is very much a given.

I'm getting annoyed of those coop realistic wannabes who have to flame every gamepaly fix. And start to compare every suggestion of a pvp player with the game cod.

It's always the same bullsh*t. If something is difficult it is realistic in their eyes. You should get stuck in every doorway.. that gives that extra realistic effect... you should not be able to reload while moving? You should not be able to switch weapon while moving. You should not be able to lean into doorways. Your rifle should get stuck into a small alley when you turn.

Is That how a realistic game should look? It is payable like that if your facing ai with the mind of a 5 year old kid. No offensive to the ai of arma2 because it's superior compared to any other game but still they suck compared to human players. And that's why we need suggestions who fix those issues to make the game playable. Realism is fine but never lose gameplay out of the eye.

Edited by coopr

It's not wether I like or dislike changing weapon while moving, it should be an ability of the engine. once the game engine can support this feature, this feature should be added in the game.

Is That how a realistic game should look? It is payable like that if your facing ai with the mind of a 5 year old kid. No offensive to the ai of arma2 because it's superior compared to any other game but still they suck compared to human players. And that's why we need suggestions who fix those issues to make the game playable. Realism is fine but never lose gameplay out of the eye.

You post as if 'gameplay' is directly related to how fast you can run around and shoot things. I consider myself a P-v-P player first and foremost (though it's a hard thing to identify with given there's so little of it available to me) but I play ArmA because I want authenticity first and foremost, that's a cornerstone for this series. Let gameplay instead be a function of the situation, objective setup and victory conditions, being able to spin around in a tight space is in no way synonymous with 'good gameplay' (in fact more often than not the opposite is true). In a game with realism at its core the skill is to not get caught in that position, does every game need to offer the (not at all realistic) opportunity to twitch your way out of poor option-taking?

@Beagle

Please dont twist my words around. I usenderstand that you know how to operate AT launchers and whatnot but this is still a game. Longer anims for bigger launcher, sure, but not being stuck for longer. In the end, it all comes down to w, a, s, d and your mouse.

Some of you see "not being able to move while switching" as realistic, I see it as lack of feature. Like not having toggle ADS or something.

@Beagle

Please dont twist my words around. I usenderstand that you know how to operate AT launchers and whatnot but this is still a game. Longer anims for bigger launcher, sure, but not being stuck for longer. In the end, it all comes down to w, a, s, d and your mouse.

Some of you see "not being able to move while switching" as realistic, I see it as lack of feature. Like not having toggle ADS or something.

To be honest i would only allow you to stop switching to it if it ment dropping the thing on the floor halfway through the animation. Some of us here do enjoy some realism and are willing to kill those who try to change that from the game. Or at least it sounds like that sometimes. :D

Looks like there is a high demand for:

+ more + proper animated corpuses eg more specific animations

+ better weight and stamina system

+ improved authenticity

:)