Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 79172

Now all we need is some servers runnign 1.59 to test how this build is doing in a multiplayer environment.

Now all we need is some servers runnign 1.59 to test how this build is doing in a multiplayer environment.

Do you mean just dedicated servers?

If non-dedicated server is ok for testing, I'm going to host some official COOP missions with 1.59 RC + this beta tonight.

Do you mean just dedicated servers?

If non-dedicated server is ok for testing, I'm going to host some official COOP missions with 1.59 RC + this beta tonight.

Any kind of server would be good. Unfortunatly I dont have the hardware to host a mission and play it at the same time.

Any kind of server would be good. Unfortunatly I dont have the hardware to host a mission and play it at the same time.

In that case feel free to join my server later tonight if you have enough intrest on COOP game style play with Expert difficulty. We are not using any mods (since we want to make sure if when there are bugs, they are not because of mods). I can host 4-10 players depending on the mission were in.

is that new?

what missions?

does not work pressing goals in the briefing

arma2oa2011032220161441.th.png

[79148] Fixed: VOIP was not working.
I tested on dedicated with multiple clients and VOIP is now working again. I tested in lobby and in mission on various channels (group, side, global). The only thing I couldn't confirm was direct channel... but will try it again after work.

While at work today I will stop and look in your office's direction a couple times and bow... :notworthy: you guys are great!

Thanks.

is that new?

what missions?

everything works well:o

Edited by NinetyThird

I know its been said before by me and others but I really cant believe the level of commitment from BIS and all these patches they keep kicking out BIS really are the best developers EVER.

I'm running the last RC + this beta

Performance seems pretty good. Getting some microstudders despite very high fps (80-100s) The problem is probably on my end somehow.

DEAL BREAKERS

1. Units still prefer the GLOCK17 to their primary weapon; problem is compounded as units that resort to their sidearm get stuck in position. How hard can this fix possibly be?

2. AI Units that are downed and healed by the BIS First Aid Modules stop changing stances (prone/crouched) in danger or stealth mode. As you may imagine a wounded AI that refuses to take cover isn't someone with a good life expectancy.

3. As noted earlier I feel that the Left-click once Target, Left-click again (anywhere) engages is a poor interface solution. Vital functionality like MOVING or TARGETING must remain consistent-- particularly as these are called upon in stressful situations. Consistency and intuitive placement is key to good interface design.

Suggestion. On a similar note I must again press for a suggestion of my own. When Handgrenades, Satchels, smokegrenades, IR beacons, or other utilities are selected-- Pressing the optics key should revert the avatar to his currently wielded weapon in that weapons primary firemode. Excellent in surprising situations, consistent functionality ~good interface ~ in all others. LINK

-k

DEAL BREAKERS

1. Units still prefer the GLOCK17 to their primary weapon; problem is compounded as units that resort to their sidearm get stuck in position. How hard can this fix possibly be?

i think ai should use pistols only when primary weapon is out of ammo, i have seen them switching to pistol in the most stupid situations.

The AI in arma2 is not that smart when it comes to weapon selection during crucial situation, such as not using AT weaponry to engage armored vehicle or doing suppression when using MGs.

i think ai should use pistols only when primary weapon is out of ammo, i have seen them switching to pistol in the most stupid situations.

And then not lock up. :o

Not hearing friendlies call out enemy positions anymore. Have the 'clock' but no text/speech.