KingN

The Forgotten Few - SP/MP Dynamic Campaign for CO

oops had to finish that one up quick. yes it did fire on them, and made a nice pile of spent cartridges in and around the front of it, but it did not say long and turned and sped off.

They never fired for me..... Did youn use the addon version?

They never fired for me..... Did youn use the addon version?

I got extraction by Vodnik APC and they fired on way back. Not sure about insertion. I think i never saw them fire.

The Vodnik with the two machineguns on top? Yeah I saw that one fire once too, but I never saw that BTR-90 fire at enemys

• Downloading and installing VFTCAS Terrain collision avoidance system is highly recommended but not required. This helps preventing helicopters from colliding with ground objects.

King Nothing, I get a 403 error when trying to get that from Armaholics site. The Dl links send you to Dev Heaven http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/vftcas

Had to go to http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1118 instead.

Didn't fix the issue I had, had to drive there on a BMD. Then it crashed :(

Edited by heklos

The Vodnik with the two machineguns on top? Yeah I saw that one fire once too, but I never saw that BTR-90 fire at enemys

Yup that one. Both machine gun guys engaged targets that remained after mission on retrurn to base. I think i can confirm insertion never engages. It just stops and wanna kick me out.

I like to play campaigns for arma 2 not sp missions. But this mission is Great. The best sp mission ever made :)

After playing further I think this is a gem.

I just wondered, would the "model" of this be open or adapted in other scenarios? The whole structure of assignment, team management is one of a kind .. should be introduced more in many missions.

Will it be adapted to say US v Takistani on takistan map and other combinations? I would love to see maybe a 3rd section/team "Flame" which is sniper/spotter class and sniper load outs and maybe some missions that are pure sniper only requirement. Maybe even some reserves that are spec ops and some nice stealth infiltration missions tailored to that class?

The whole structure of this mission should be a template for so many other situations, very very nice, slick and professional.

The only thing that has been mentioned is the wierd weather when its heavy rain, odd in-out like a yo yo fog, but its been mentioned so I will leave that :)

Edited by mrcash2009

Hey there just wanted to ask a quick question and say Thanks for an just awesome mission/campaign :)

Im having Ctd issues on my first mission involving the weapons cache. Ive snuck around in the woods for like 15-20 minutes and finally got into an Epic ambush position. My Ai buddies are all on hold fire and every time i choose "fire at will" options the guys manage to get of 1 or 2 shots off then the game crashes.

A lonley tear fall down my chin every time because i can manage to kill all the 5-6 guards in 10 seconds if the game dont crash >.<.

Just wondering is this a problem with the mission involving the weapons cache (seen 1 or 2 similare post reading thru this thread) or is it because im using the ACE mods?.

Edit: Tried another mission and same deal. I sneak up with all my 5 ai buddies on hold fire. And when i choose to open fire the game crashes after a few shots.

Thx again for an awesome mission and sorry for any bad grammar :P.

Edited by jokkers

I discovered something regarding those crashes.

When do they occur for me:

I start the mission

I make nemy contact

I die

revert to autosave

make enemy contact -> Crash

Workaround:

Always safe before a mission is completed, best during extraction

If you die in next Mission, revert to that save instead of the Autosave. You will be given a new Mission, but at least you will proceed with the campaign.

Those crashes definately have something to do with the Mission generation process. Something always seems to be broken when you revert to a save after the mission generation.

I guess its some script (Maybe some reinforcement Script for the enemy AI since the crash always occurs some time after the enemy has spotted you?) that doesn´t get initialised properly and crashes the game.

i think i managed to stop the crashing. Ive updated all the Ace mods and downloaded some beta patch for Arma that had alot of bugfixes etc.

havnt crashed yet after 3 missions :).

Found another little problem tho. got the mission for the weapons cache so i figured to bring some satchel charges.

Picked the Bizon + satchel charges loadout but i couldnt deploy the charges :(.

Didnt get the option in the scroll down menu.

@jokkers

Im not sure, im not using ace but in ace mod you deploy charges by using special function key not scroll menu.

i think i managed to stop the crashing. Ive updated all the Ace mods and downloaded some beta patch for Arma that had alot of bugfixes etc.

havnt crashed yet after 3 missions :).

Found another little problem tho. got the mission for the weapons cache so i figured to bring some satchel charges.

Picked the Bizon + satchel charges loadout but i couldnt deploy the charges :(.

Didnt get the option in the scroll down menu.

its the key right beside the right windows key, i dont know what its called, but that will give you the ace options for everything

There are two interaction keys with ACE. One is your right windows key, and then there is the application key which looks like a right-click window menu. Its right next to the right windows key. If you are using a laptop, or some US keyboards you may not have the right windows key and will need to remap it.

The windows key is the interact with an object key, and the application key is the interact with yourself key.

As for the mission. I am thinking that my crashes are either what Tonci87 has posted or its because I have quite a few addons loaded, as I hate to quit and restart whenever I want to play a different mission.

Edited by heklos

Well I have some Addons too, but none of them affects the AI (well ACE does...).

Unit Addons won´t Affect the Mission like this, neither do Soundmods or Blastcore. This has to something with a Script going insane. A Script that is executed some time after the enemy has spotted you.

Ahh thanks alot for the info :P Will go and try blow something up right now :)

I've unpbo-ed this campaign and realized the amount of scripting created for this mission... massive! I hope the amount of work done on this will be available as a framework for other mission maker to utilize as it's too great not to be shared.

Thanks a lot for this campaign, it's awesome. However, I am getting an issue with my AIs. I am using Zeus AI's (can't stand the laser accurate default BIS AI...) and after a while during an engagement one or two AI's will get stuck in their place and refuse any regroup or move command. I am also using CSM2 and WarFX, but I don't believe they have something to do with it as they are not affecting the AIs.

Has anyone else encountered this bug?

Edited by Variable

This is a known ZEUS_AI Bug, sadly there is no workaround available. One of the reasons I stopped using Zeus. Try the Vanilla_AI together with the ACE Mod, they are really good ;)

Hey I wanted to try your campaign but I get this error when entering Campaign menu with an empty space where the mission should be

Error :

No entry

Campaigns\theforgottenfewa1.chernarus\description.ext.Campaign

Any ideas?

Move it to the missions, not the campaigns Folder. You will see why ;)

Fantastic campaign mate!!!

I'm loving this thing, especially the polish and overall quality!

Question about how, or what script, you used for the squad set up? Reminded me of the old school Rainbow Six game, and its got my brain a buzzing about the possibilities. Basically, if you wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction on where or how to use this thing, I'll do the rest ;)

In the meantime I'll keep wasting these terrorist pigs!

This is a known ZEUS_AI Bug, sadly there is no workaround available. One of the reasons I stopped using Zeus. Try the Vanilla_AI together with the ACE Mod, they are really good ;)

Thanks Tonci. Will I not get killed by laser accurate AIs using by using ACE? :)

No, and if yozu still feel that they are too acurate, then just lower the Precision value in your config ;)